Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

release idea

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It would be cool for more of your tutorials. I know the ones you did a while back were taken down from youtube. Maybe there is another site to use if you decide to grace us with more knowledge.

Reaction score
Firstly, thank you Sylvanas.
for their beautiful works.

If you are asking public opinions of what you should publish to all of us, I should thank you for this. I am holding on to see that some parts of this wonderful poorly trodden game are strong.

In all the time I've learned in WarZ, I've never even learned 2 things.
-to model
-texture

Yes of course, a tutorials course, but I must tell you that I do not have free time for these things, but here's my idea.
some tutorial or release (of your taste and time) of old works, I am fond of weapons and old objects (1800 ~ 1900 year ago).

Once again, thank you Sylvanas <3
Soon I'll give you another VIP pass again :}

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
@LukasCCB

I could easly make a turtorial related to preoper hard surface texturing for gaming - thats not a problem
about modeling - making a proper turtorial to model would be a hard for me since i am not a professional moddeler, i know what to do and how to do it, just teaching you with all the details could be hard for myself.. but some basics from my side won't be a problem

animations - thats really a hard topic... i mean i could simply make a turtorial and upload it somewhere, but there are 2 problems
1) placing this video on a public place will probably equal with video beeing tkaen down as fast as we can imagine -> hello svena or silenterror
2) i could just upload mp4 of a video on mega etc, that way i am safe from any copyright claim since i am just sharing my own creation for everyone, but on other side i will share this stuff to alot of people that are just to lazy to even properly change a line in a bloody code.. so i really dunno..

Or maybe i could do everything for free excluding animations... really hard to think at this point ;/

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@LukasCCB

I could easly make a turtorial related to preoper hard surface texturing for gaming - thats not a problem
about modeling - making a proper turtorial to model would be a hard for me since i am not a professional moddeler, i know what to do and how to do it, just teaching you with all the details could be hard for myself.. but some basics from my side won't be a problem

animations - thats really a hard topic... i mean i could simply make a turtorial and upload it somewhere, but there are 2 problems
1) placing this video on a public place will probably equal with video beeing tkaen down as fast as we can imagine -> hello svena or silenterror
2) i could just upload mp4 of a video on mega etc, that way i am safe from any copyright claim since i am just sharing my own creation for everyone, but on other side i will share this stuff to alot of people that are just to lazy to even properly change a line in a bloody code.. so i really dunno..

Or maybe i could do everything for free excluding animations... really hard to think at this point ;/

I don't really see why you stick with this engine. There's so many other engines out there that are a million times better. Feature wise, performance, graphics, reliability, in engine editing... Heck, you don't even need to write a single line of code in Unreal through using the Blueprint system. You don't need a single hour of coding experience. Do you notice how many people buy animated rigs from the Unreal market? You can only imagine... I notice you always tend to rig things for FPS in ISS, so why not rig some stuff in Unreal?, the graphics difference on your new rigs is gonna be like comparing Superman 64 to Battlefield V. Not to mention in engine animating meaning no external editor. There's no second thinking that unless you like this garbage engine, not to mention the horrible horrible shading in Eclipse you'll be stuck with. DX9 can and does look AMAZING if you can code high level shading properly.

Another point, I would just say duck it and release everything. Who really cares if people are going to copy paste things? People will always leech, and there will be people that always want to learn things. There's only like 20 people that work on ISS emulators anyways, and even less people that actually play them, so it isn't a loss in any way whatsoever, unless you have some sort of foolish pride in these files, which you should not. The rest are foreigners that will only make 1-2K from their "Emulators" that will be online for a month (If that's even a thing anymore). To be blunt, the FPS Autodesk files and any files you have for this engine are worthless (Unless it's 2017+ modern engine features), only giving worth to inexperienced game developers. Anybody with a lick of animation skills (like you) and moderate programming skills can create a basic rig and implement it in the source within hours. Hell, the TPS public rig can be used for first person but needs a small fix for the right hand if i remember. I don't think NewZ will give a poop if you put it on YouTube, it's a dead game with hardly more than 2K active players, and honestly it's nothing special. Cheap cash cow with no core engine functionality changed in any way at all.

TL;DR: This engine/game/games is obsolete, dead, and worthless. The FPS files are obsolete and worthless, go to Unreal engine!

Anyways, i don't intend to sound like an idiot, but you're really wasting your time on this pile of garbage engine that you can be spending on something else. You can be working on RAGE engine with Rockstar right now, Sylvanas.

Last edited:
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
I don't really see why you stick with this engine. There's so many other engines out there that are a million times better. Feature wise, performance, graphics, reliability, in engine editing... Heck, you don't even need to write a single line of code in Unreal through using the Blueprint system. You don't need a single hour of coding experience. Do you notice how many people buy animated rigs from the Unreal market? You can only imagine... I notice you always tend to rig things for FPS in ISS, so why not rig some stuff in Unreal?, the graphics difference on your new rigs is gonna be like comparing Superman 64 to Battlefield V. Not to mention in engine animating meaning no external editor. There's no second thinking that unless you like this garbage engine, not to mention the horrible horrible shading in Eclipse you'll be stuck with. DX9 can and does look AMAZING if you can code high level shading properly.

Another point, I would just say duck it and release everything. Who really cares if people are going to copy paste things? People will always leech, and there will be people that always want to learn things. There's only like 20 people that work on ISS emulators anyways, and even less people that actually play them, so it isn't a loss in any way whatsoever, unless you have some sort of foolish pride in these files, which you should not. The rest are foreigners that will only make 1-2K from their "Emulators" that will be online for a month (If that's even a thing anymore). To be blunt, the FPS Autodesk files and any files you have for this engine are worthless (Unless it's 2017+ modern engine features), only giving worth to inexperienced game developers. Anybody with a lick of animation skills (like you) and moderate programming skills can create a basic rig and implement it in the source within hours. Hell, the TPS public rig can be used for first person but needs a small fix for the right hand if i remember. I don't think NewZ will give a poop if you put it on YouTube, it's a dead game with hardly more than 2K active players, and honestly it's nothing special. Cheap cash cow with no core engine functionality changed in any way at all.

TL;DR: This engine/game/games is obsolete, dead, and worthless. The FPS files are obsolete and worthless, go to Unreal engine!

Anyways, i don't intend to sound like an idiot, but you're really wasting your time on this pile of garbage engine that you can be spending on something else. You can be working on RAGE engine with Rockstar right now, Sylvanas.

i stick to this engine the same why i stick to ZEN engine ( Gothic 1-2 ) and Valve Source -> i simply learned the most over this engines and i just love to always come back to them... i just like to work over it :s

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What would your idea be, if someone made WarZ on the Unreal Engine platform I would be interested.:eek:tt::thumbup1:

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
@Ajaxi

I don't really fond UE, it is not really well optimilised, it has power - yes
potential - very yes
easy to get & use assets - indeed

tho it is not optimilised... i mean there are not many optimilised games on it - inb4 some wierd examples WE exclude all EPIC GAMES or any Cliff B games out of this... since they Ducking know how to use that engine properly

Reaction score
U mean Optimized? :p Well, as Example Conan Exiles is pretty decent. Played that as it was still Early Access, and well, it was running smooth as hell, that i could even Stream + Play on my old i5 3570k. :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Ajaxi

I don't really fond UE, it is not really well optimilised, it has power - yes
potential - very yes
easy to get & use assets - indeed

tho it is not optimilised... i mean there are not many optimilised games on it - inb4 some wierd examples WE exclude all EPIC GAMES or any Cliff B games out of this... since they Ducking know how to use that engine properly

It's allot more optimized out of the box compared to eclipse tbh, i can't run ISS on my low end pc with more than 30FPS. Any game developer using Unreal would implement LOD'S on pretty much every model (You can most likely get a LOD generator from the market if you wont want to waste time), write optimized code, optimized shaders, good nature rendering techniques for dense forests, etc so there isn't lag. My low end PC's specs are GTX 750TI, Intel Core I3, 6GB ram, and i run at 60FPS with several objects LODless, no frame drops, so i don't really know what you are talking about with "Un optimized". Were you using bad scripts/blueprint setup? That can lead to frame rate hell pretty quickly :p

U mean Optimized? :p Well, as Example Conan Exiles is pretty decent. Played that as it was still Early Access, and well, it was running smooth as hell, that i could even Stream + Play on my old i5 3570k. :)

Exactly. The team that made that optimized the game really well. It's all on the developer making the games end to do that, not the team working on the engine @sylvanas. I don't place down 100,000+ trees and expect it to run perfect, i know it's my responsibility to optimize it. You can't have everything in a game already perfectly made for you lol.

What would your idea be, if someone made WarZ on the Unreal Engine platform I would be interested.:eek:tt::thumbup1:

Hmm. I've been heavily considering to do this but I'm not sure. I wasted ALLOT of money putting modern engine features in Eclipse only to have allot more problems so I trashed it. If I was going to remake ISS I would put modern graphics (Well that's already done using Unreal xD), hire a 3D modeling team to recreate all the ISS models in at least 8K quality, and get a mapper to re-create Colorado V1. I would make a modern UI, implement base building like H1Z1, and have fun but optional quests with fun NPCs. I would keep the enviornment sounds, soundscapes, and the theme song (Classic WZ). Who knows, maybe me or someone else in the future could remake it! All depends on budgeting, and if the passion to recreate it is possible :)

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
quality models? well thats not a problem..
i mean all models you see in game are low poly anyway :)
using 8k textures? good luck with it xd just 1 texture file at 8k res gonna have around 120-180 MB each... soo cmon do the math here hehe

Back