Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Old school emulators?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey there is any emulator without skins etc? I was watched this montage and makes me cry :(

If some1 wanna make any emu just pm me i can help as much i can

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
>Old school emulators
>Z-MMO

Choose one really....
a real "old school" emu are AT MAX :
-v1 of DOOM MMO
-DeadZ and DeadZ Reborn
-Early StargateZ

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yea first zmmo was old school like lsmmo , doom mmo aswell but that src is unplayeble atm with meds bug and barricades cdr high jump etc .Doom and zmmo was best iss games ever i played

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the best emu I've played was infectz. Sad they they shut down, even tho it still had some people playing it..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm making one that's only classic Infestation.

- No custom maps
- No CodexPo c&p crap
- No skins
- No new features except an anticheat on classic
- DirectX 11 with new HLSL shading.
- Modern lighting with a better sun disk, flares, and dynamic clouds that move
- Model and material improvements for everything
- 2 game modes:
1: Colorado V2 Classic: High loot, normal zombies, cars, and classic things.
2: Colorado V2 Survival: Rare loot, hard zombies, no cars, soundscapes, base building, and fun missions.

The difference between the survival I'm working on and NewZ's is world survival. This means no global inventory, no safezone's, and much better more interactive missions. Base building isn't anything fancy, but there will be doors that are password protected, and chests to store loot (Watch out for raiders!)

This isn't to create a profit, that's impossible in this games state, but rather for people who are nostalgic of I:SS and want to play it can be able to. Also for people that want to play I:SS but don't want a arcade-y experience, The hosting provider I'm using is very cheap to maintain, yet DMCA ignored, meaning that the server will stay online for years and years without NewZ throwing a tantrum.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You guys should really let it go... Unless you wanna make it for your personal experience and fun. You won't really get any players since the community is dead. Even newz playerbase dropped around 70% in the last 10 months.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think inventory is a must in a game like warz, specially if it's an emulator, meaning not many people playing if none.

Also, since it's an emulator, developers forget they can use material, skins, etc.. from other games, brands and what not. Since you won't care about copyright poop. There's so much that can be done to make the game fun and addictive. Infectz and newz in early days used to be great, cool skins, nice rank system, loot was somewhat great.. since they got into steam, skins are made in paint, released "survival" mode and fucked it up a couple months later, new items seem to be made by amateurs, everything looks so basic and really bad quality..
Still waiting for a warz 2013/14 type of emulator.

Back