Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff"

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
re: "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff"

Block Farm Added)))
Screen_11052013_053651 - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums Screen_11052013_053706 - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums Screen_11052013_053746 - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

dynamic fog effect
DNC - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

constructor - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums costructor - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums
New Character "Construction man" added)

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just got flash bang to work 100% and grenades now work 100% also. Happy days

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Heheh.

ADTqkNW - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

First part of my map so far.
Studio 2013-06-19 20-54-14-794 - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Skills working (45%) All work belongs to - kalisto2002
skills - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums skills2 - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

Getting back in the swing of things.

Playing catchup with the other servers, seems like you all have been busy in my absense.

74Q2FcI - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

ZAH8Ic - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Getting back in the swing of things.

Playing catchup with the other servers, seems like you all have been busy in my absense.

xD May i ask you how you handle the groups on the server?
Because currently you just show it like the Group via
addPlayerToGroup, thats all xD

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

xD May i ask you how you handle the groups on the server?
Because currently you just show it like the Group via
addPlayerToGroup, thats all xD

I haven't implemented it on the server, yet. When it's done on the server, just a container that sends info to players. As opposed to keeping track internally on the client, which is inheritly insecure.

That, and a /command that takes different parameters. For example, /group invite, /group accept, /group disband, /group remove... the server will recognize who is the leader and accept commands from them. I'm doing that because I am not comfortable with scaleform edits yet.

addPlayerToGroup will only be used in server packets, same with removePlayerFromGroup. The code is there properly to support them as functions of hudMain, i've only just done this for testing.

Your quests system looks pretty damn cool, by the way. I'd recommend doing the quests system in the DB -> XML like the other stuff in the client is done. Might be better to send it over the wire on GameServer with IDs, and MasterServer (or whatever API you use) with the master quest list.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I haven't implemented it on the server, yet. When it's done on the server, just a container that sends info to players. As opposed to keeping track internally on the client, which is inheritly insecure.

That, and a /command that takes different parameters. For example, /group invite, /group accept, /group disband, /group remove... the server will recognize who is the leader and accept commands from them. I'm doing that because I am not comfortable with scaleform edits yet.

addPlayerToGroup will only be used in server packets, same with removePlayerFromGroup. The code is there properly to support them as functions of hudMain, i've only just done this for testing.

Your quests system looks pretty damn cool, by the way. I'd recommend doing the quests system in the DB -> XML like the other stuff in the client is done. Might be better to send it over the wire on GameServer with IDs, and MasterServer (or whatever API you use) with the master quest list.

Ah okay thats what i did too x.x
Well, in case of a few Events i would add Groups for Quests, killing a Boss Zombie as a Group and spread the XP in the group.
The main Problem -> how to identify that you are in a group with that people xD
I think i go trought the way of arrays on the Servers and each Group is identified by the Leaders Name.
The Problem with addPlayerToGroup and acceptGroupInvite / leaveGroup works without problems.
Sending a packet to the server which will be relayed to the player which get's invited and added a
boolean to the playernames to check if he is invited by someone. That was the easiest part of it xD

For the Quest System i'll work with Database instead of xml files and do everything over a new api site.
Before i request the quest list i'll check if the quest is already done via stored functions etc.

Actually i try to make it to an REAL MMO not like their Open World poop xD

Master Summoner
Reaction score

SecretsOfThePast, are you going to make a tutorial when you finish the group thingy?
iKasu - could you PM me with a basic tutorial on how to add quests?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

SecretsOfThePast, are you going to make a tutorial when you finish the group thingy?
Do not wait, they do not share with us their work)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Group -> Write new packet that sends to server that you send a Invite packet.
Send it from Server to the Client that will be invited.
Send an Packet to the Server if you accept Invite that sends to the Leader
Group will be created.
Whats wrong?!

Quest system:
Learn Adobe Flash & Action Script and Scaleform poop. Then create a new User Interface what u use for quests.
In the UI add an Array List for the quests that you get from your api site.

That should be basic enaught or?!

Please, do never ask me again for help. To much people fooled me, now they need to live with it.

Back