Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Off Topic] Anybody working on a title?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

Just curious to know how many of you have moved on from the WarZ engine and are currently working on an upcoming title on another engine? If so what kind of game are you making, and why do you prefer it to Eclipse?

I'm working on a game thats going to be like WarZ, but with RPG elements in it. I won't reveal much, but it's been in development for the past 3 1/2 months and should be ready for Early Assess by 2020. The reason i prefer Unity is because it's simple, fast, and much easier to work with. Small example:

I:SS rideable horse AAA quality, with 100% functional .anm, C++, .phx, .sco, .skl, .wgt, .repx = 1 month, several developers.

Unity rideable horse with animations, C#, rigidbody, collider, and enter/exit/move scripts = 1 day max, solo dev

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
Hi,

Just curious to know how many of you have moved on from the WarZ engine and are currently working on an upcoming title on another engine? If so what kind of game are you making, and why do you prefer it to Eclipse?

I'm working on a game thats going to be like WarZ, but with RPG elements in it. I won't reveal much, but it's been in development for the past 3 1/2 months and should be ready for Early Assess by 2020. The reason i prefer Unity is because it's simple, fast, and much easier to work with. Small example:

I:SS rideable horse AAA quality, with 100% functional .anm, C++, .phx, .sco, .skl, .wgt, .repx = 1 month, several developers.

Unity rideable horse with animations, C#, rigidbody, collider, and enter/exit/move scripts = 1 day max, solo dev

Unity is a crappy engine, not optimilised for a open world / large scale world gameplay
Srsly it would be better just to switch to Cryengine or even UE

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unity is a crappy engine, not optimilised for a open world / large scale world gameplay

I've personally found UE to be worse in terms of performance than Unity but that might be just my case. You are right though unity is not optimized well at all, which leaves people like us having to manually create LOD's and optimization scripts, etc for models, but i disagree that its a crappy engine. Eclipse if anything is a crappy engine lol.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I disagree with that , unity started to catch up modern engines after 5.0 version and they are constantly working on it.

Ex ( HD Rendering Pipeline with 2018 version )

About thread:

yes , me and my team is working on a hobby project just because of old good memories we had with WarZ/Infestation.

i also work on my solo survival project in unity since 2017 and i think it will be ready to play in Q1 2019

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
I've personally found UE to be worse in terms of performance than Unity but that might be just my case. You are right though unity is not optimized well at all, which leaves people like us having to manually create LOD's and optimization scripts, etc for models, but i disagree that its a crappy engine. Eclipse if anything is a crappy engine lol.

well UE requires a bit of more hard work around it, but believe me, if you really would go compare UNITY against UE, and i don't mean UE 4.0 but even 3.0
UE will eat and poop out UNITY xd

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yes i am :)
very early state and i focusing on mapdesign right now :)
Concept and more information you can read here if you are interested :)

Ajaxi - [Off Topic] Anybody working on a title? - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Aniway, i like it! I also tried doing some things in a different engine too, but my case was in UE4. @FrageDev @Sylvanas1234 and others ...

I've already thought about working on a WarZ / I: SS Clone and releasing it here in the community! But the biggest question I ask is if the community deserves it!
My main question:
If I use all elements / sounds / animations (just an idea) of WarZ / I: SS am I infringing on legal rights / or the license of who owns the engine !?

Last edited:
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
I already worked on UE, already worked on CE, and Unity, as well Valve Source

Soo here is what i will say about each of different engines

Unity - simply overated engine... mostly pushed out cuz of many crappy indie ( if we can even call it ) games... it has some power - yes... but it is not optimilised af... if i would would have to choose unity, or suck my own penis, i would choose the second option

UE - It is a powerfull and amazing engine -> yes... tho not very optimised for a huuuge area of gameplay... ( no, fortnite does not count since it is not that big ) - just look at Pugb? or give me a name of other huge area UE based game that works flawlessly? none?
Darn why i am not surprised...
UE is amazing but as pointed above, if you want to stick "small render distance games" -> Killing Floor 2 anyone? -> or to something that won't be that resource hungry

Cry Engine - is there anything i have to say here? We all remember "da memes" from 2007 to 2010 ( or maybe it stayed for a bit longer... not sure now ) a "amazing looking" engine.... with... well.... hm... give me a cry engine game that is known for something else than only it's "realistic graphics" .. ( no Crysis (1) do not count, Crysis (1) after all these years now really feel like a game that people just look through nostalgia glasses, no matter how amazing pc you got this time, Crysis (1) can still lag for you, because engine was never fully prepared for us )

Valve Source - soo.. why do i even write about our grandpa here that sticks with us since 2004? well..... I guess the way of how modders are free to do anything whatever they want with it... can be a good point of proving why something new should be done on it...

As much as i remember from my own practice, Valve Source has one of the biggest modding community.. and actual modding community not just some crappy copy-n-pasters... Just look what was able to me made out of this engine... To be honest if someone would be like "ohh poop i want to make a zombie survival based game just like dayz / warz in Source" it would not be impossible... exact.. it would be really easy :s

Short saying... i am still staying to this engine for some personal reasons... aswell... well.. this is now a really old game... and i just like playing around it.... just like almost any Polish, Russian or German player at least once played Gothic and want to play it or mod it more...

Eclipse for me was really a first engine i worked on and learned alot almost alone... that was not Valve Source... Because of this Eclipse i pushed myself into new things, like IK animations, new texturing techniques etc..... I still live with a hope that WarZ one day might end up like Metin or Tibia... as in 1 day community will group up together and launch a own server that actualy gonna be played and supported together

Tho i guess first i have to wait for newz downfall... tho it seems not far away?

Reaction score
Unity - simply overated engine... mostly pushed out cuz of many crappy indie ( if we can even call it ) games... it has some power - yes... but it is not optimilised af... if i would would have to choose unity, or suck my own penis, i would choose the second option

(This runs on ECS unity.)

Sorry but this is not true. With ECS and Unity 2018 Unity can support 10k and more entities on screen.
Most Unity games have so crap performance because people don't understand how to write performant games (this is also the reason why so many server have so many bugs), some titles don't optimize games until out of early access. Unity CAN do realistic and good looking Environments like UE, and be as performant as UE. Reason why most people choose Unity over UE is the amount of available content for sale. Unity has a HUGE marketplace. If you search something, you'll definitely find it on Unity asset store. But on UE Marketplace it's really hard to get good content or good tutorials.

UE - It is a powerfull and amazing engine -> yes... tho not very optimised for a huuuge area of gameplay... ( no, fortnite does not count since it is not that big ) - just look at Pugb? or give me a name of other huge area UE based game that works flawlessly? none?
Darn why i am not surprised...
UE is amazing but as pointed above, if you want to stick "small render distance games" -> Killing Floor 2 anyone? -> or to something that won't be that resource hungry
No game engine is really optimized for large maps until written for it. UE has a good Level Streaming ( ) which allows for hugh mungus maps. Just look at this image:

Okay this one isn't that big. But it shows UE is capable of doing huge maps.

Cry Engine - is there anything i have to say here? We all remember "da memes" from 2007 to 2010 ( or maybe it stayed for a bit longer... not sure now ) a "amazing looking" engine.... with... well.... hm... give me a cry engine game that is known for something else than only it's "realistic graphics" .. ( no Crysis (1) do not count, Crysis (1) after all these years now really feel like a game that people just look through nostalgia glasses, no matter how amazing pc you got this time, Crysis (1) can still lag for you, because engine was never fully prepared for us )

First Cry Engine is just dead. Crytek is financially troubled and it's not good looking so I'm skipping this.
BUT!! The best alternative would be Lumberyard

Valve Source - soo.. why do i even write about our grandpa here that sticks with us since 2004? well..... I guess the way of how modders are free to do anything whatever they want with it... can be a good point of proving why something new should be done on it...
Sorry to say. But in the professional world, Source Engine has no place. It's outdated, looks like crap, doesn't support half of modern graphics commands, runs on Dx9 shader model 3, etc. It's just too outdated and valve doesn't care since they use Source 3 internally. Which, as far as I remember, they didn't release

Short saying... i am still staying to this engine for some personal reasons... aswell... well.. this is now a really old game... and i just like playing around it.... just like almost any Polish, Russian or German player at least once played Gothic and want to play it or mod it more...
Nobody can take it from you. The reason why I find Eclipse Engine so fascinating is because it doesn't try to be an RTS, FPS, TPS, Side Scroller etc Engine. It is just a F/TPS Engine. It doesn't hide anything from you (which unity does absolutely). It doesn't try to be an easy and simple "Drag this node to do this" Visual programming crap. It doesn't try to show you a map editor constantly in your face. And thats why Eclipse is far better in my opinion as all of these engines. Sure it's harder to do stuff we'd like to do, but with this comes more flexibility.

A question:If I use all elements / sounds / animations (just an idea) of WarZ / I: SS am I infringing on legal rights / or the license of who owns the engine !?
Yes. The models and sounds are still owned by Hammerpoint.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Tho i guess first i have to wait for newz downfall... tho it seems not far away?

In my opinion, this game ENGINE has its days counted! At least this game! Warz/I:SS --->Including all the emulators of the moment, and the future will not have more Success, in the same way that emulators have already had in times of 2014-2015-2016.

But why am I saying this!????

Due to my experience, setting up a server requires a process and a question of 1 day, according to the errors that are obtained when preparing the server can last days to set up a server, The game has no more technologies because the community is currently dying , not because it has less and less users, but because everything is the same thing, Clones and more Clones of the CodexPo source, is what happens when things are boring to work, and more nobody is in a position to spend indeterminate hours to read C ++ in the game's solution to try to figure out what to do and where to add anything else!
I would say that 80% of people here do not know how to read C ++, do not have such knowledge and do it blindly, the vast majority of people here are curious/self-taught people, who are curious about trying to do something that can be theirs even more to show the intellectual capacity they are capable of, to show their servers to their friends or even to their groups of friends...
***And some other exceptions are able to create their servers, recreate their own game rules, create their technologies, which in their eyes are great technologies, here I mention something like [car spawn system] [add new weapons] example at the time which was added RPG [community got excited about technology] when they added technology of [smoke grenade/smoke grenade various colors] add [new cars-->with same functionality] [Tank System, Helicopter system] [Dog Zombie System]-->Who remembers these technologies!

The only future I really see is the "Codex" Programmer and his codes to whom he does his services!

Not excluding excellent people here who have greatly helped the community as @TheAomsin2526 @YUrIBR @CodexPo (Codex) @vaxter @dNi3L @RMDetho @deskproOMG @Alexman ZED @AlexRedd according to what I know he did some funny things too, [@kartis @Sylvanas1234]-->Our dear friend here he is a little "arrogant and rude" but good person also helped some members here with his great projects. INfo: that he was invited to be part of the design team / modeler of the game LMS[Last Man Standing](according to what I have information) @Kuchen -->I think, correct me if I'm wrong, he can already do some interesting things relatively in terms of export/import, according to what I know he was working very well as a modeler.

All people who loves this game mode, game itself, WarZ/I:SS, in its unique style gives the player the ability to earn their own items and have it in their inventory!

Various types of weaponry for their own survival in the open world, locker Boxes, whos remember maps with a full locker boxes everywere this in itself, is quite attractive to players.

Severals Although the game when it was released in 2012-> The game itself Properly said until it made a good success! What spoiled a lot was the way its developers were able to fake something called anti-cheat by a mere protection called "I am a banana."That spoiled the game and the hackers and crooks! Hamerpoint Style...

Although I do not wish anyone badly here or start a fight, but I think NewZ has survived so far because of a complex job and also their dirty work they've done outside, joining forces and shutting down all emulators able to compete with NewZ

Look This Guys: @bombilo :

@Kuchen :

My God! These friends of ours simply can not live in peace.They have to be constantly chased!

Keeping the topic! Anyway
I think in a way to move forward towards a future with more progress! Like change It to other engine!

I've seen people doing this! WBut progress has been slow!
Like @Burak DatLife -->I dont know what engine his are using but...He is doing a solo project, a project of him, private, that I could not find any information or development like video/image etc... Only he can speak for himself!
@AlexRedd -> Engine=UE4

@DatSKID -->Engyne=Unity
Project:

@fpskiller -->Engine=UE4
Image:: http://forum.ragezone.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=162798&d=1522648465
I dont Know a name of who made this...But its very interisting
[h=1]WarZ: Law Of Survival --Android Platform[/h]
Video:

Escape From Tarkov
Engine == Unity
Videos:
In some time I have read related this this game have a some co-relation type to WarZ/I:SS, but actually is a independent STUDIO! And a sTrong GAME

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
In my opinion, the only reason servers can't succeed is because The War Z has a massive cheating community, that will stop at nothing to try and cheat; and the biggest problem: NewZ. The YouTube accounts of the 2 videos linked in the post above are already taken down.

• Never stole anything from NewZ
  • Never interfered with NewZ
  • My emulator's playerbase is the opposite of NewZ (game-play wise)

Svena leaked Fred's IP-address once in a video, I kindly messaged both Fredaikis and Svena to let them know. I have done literally nothing wrong to ever expect such a response from NewZ, yet they take down any form of advertisement I attempt such as YouTube and Facebook (page and paid advertisement).
mYn1bpR - [Off Topic] Anybody working on a title? - RaGEZONE Forums

gKF18Do - [Off Topic] Anybody working on a title? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back