Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WarZ Alpha Build From 2012 Show Off

C

Cinx

Hey RageZone,

I took a few hours yesterday and today to setup a clean installation of WarZ from 2012, which is the earliest known build available. I thought I wasn't the only one that could appreciate this, I definitely felt very nostalgic running through Colorado. I tried to condense the video to about ~5 minutes.

Let me know what your thoughts and opinions are. Would you play? Want to see more?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
Here is a small list of stuff that you showed in a video and are wrong while talking about 2012 alpha warZ .. and i know since i had premium access to alpha on early access so i did played it alot

#1 ) WarZ Alpha had only 3 characters on a list.. ONLY 3, not 3 unlocked at start and other 4-5 locked, but ONLY 3 POSSIBLE TO PLAY WITH, your list did not had more characters
#2 ) there was no norad since in alpha that part of map was blocked, just like boulder etc
#3 ) map lighting and color was much much different
#4 ) no military ruck ( yea, there was NO military ruck, as well no k-styles, k-styles nvg and no shields! imagine that pvp mustard race players )
#5 ) no MRE bags

honestly there were alot of items in code ( yes ) but not even spawning overall

C

Cinx

I'm using the DNC release database, which includes some of the newer characters as well as items that weren't in the game during alpha (Like you said, military ruck, k-styles, etc). The source though, is from 2012. The map isn't from the beginning of alpha- (Where the map is much smaller) but the map is from when the game was in alpha.

I purchased the pioneer package when WarZ came out, so I also know what alpha was like. This isn't an exact replica, but its not far from it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ohh yeah that's good old days... When you turn around every minute while you run into the safe zone with captured loot... RIP WarZ

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
First of all, yeah karti is right, in the alpha were some things different but who cares about that now, to answer your question, listen everyone would play it when it would be official and fck cancer newz wouldn't have a license, but now its to late... games die because games are only about money its a market to get ez rich like fred got from fck newz! We can't change it, only when someone would have enough money to buy the whole license from sergey! But I guess noone would have that much, because Im sure he takes fck much for the whole license!

C

Cinx

First of all, yeah karti is right, in the alpha were some things different but who cares about that now, to answer your question, listen everyone would play it when it would be official and fck cancer newz wouldn't have a license, but now its to late... games die because games are only about money its a market to get ez rich like fred got from fck newz! We can't change it, only when someone would have enough money to buy the whole license from sergey! But I guess noone would have that much, because Im sure he takes fck much for the whole license!

All I know is that WarZ was a lot of fun, and NewZ is a completely different game.. NewZ was lucrative enough to purchase a license, there is no reason it can't be done again... that is of course if Sergey is willing to sell it

Reaction score
All I know is that WarZ was a lot of fun, and NewZ is a completely different game.. NewZ was lucrative enough to purchase a license, there is no reason it can't be done again... that is of course if Sergey is willing to sell it

For the right money sergey is willing to do everything. Also.. How I understood is is Fred is "renting" the license. He didn't purchase it.. Since purchasing means owning it. And since a lot of money went into making WarZ/ISS/Aftermath/Eternity I doubt sergey would sell it for less than 500k. Since the models alone could be easily 5k-10k worth

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
For the right money sergey is willing to do everything. Also.. How I understood is is Fred is "renting" the license. He didn't purchase it.. Since purchasing means owning it. And since a lot of money went into making WarZ/ISS/Aftermath/Eternity I doubt sergey would sell it for less than 500k. Since the models alone could be easily 5k-10k worth
since late aftermath forums are dead, i cannot get access to my old chat with sergey

short saying

you want to get a licence? get a product that will be able to make around $1M a year, a decent community that is willing to help you with that
as well pay "something" to Him just for a start ( not going to write price here ).... and this was said about Aftermath, tho i guess it goes the same with warz

Reaction score
Just look at the old listing for the Eternity engine from TSG. They sold it for a whooping 40.000$ that is limited to 1 game license only (iirrc), but with source code. And that was 2000ish/2006ish.

Last edited:
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
I'm using the DNC release database, which includes some of the newer characters as well as items that weren't in the game during alpha (Like you said, military ruck, k-styles, etc). The source though, is from 2012. The map isn't from the beginning of alpha- (Where the map is much smaller) but the map is from when the game was in alpha.
I purchased the pioneer package when WarZ came out, so I also know what alpha was like. This isn't an exact replica, but its not far from it.
there was a old alpha pack released by Kuchen earlier this year

server runned by MrPancake is using that map if i remember correctly

the map wasn't really "smaller, it was still same 4096 x 4096 just with like 60-65% of a map blocked behind a invisible walls

i mean i can remember that if you tried to climb this easy hill ramp a bit to the west from echo compound that you normaly used to get to norad, you ended up hitting a wall

http://forum.ragezone.com/f790/release-colorado-maps-alpha-beta-1128113/
right here

C

Cinx

there was a old alpha pack released by Kuchen earlier this year

server runned by MrPancake is using that map if i remember correctly

the map wasn't really "smaller, it was still same 4096 x 4096 just with like 60-65% of a map blocked behind a invisible walls

i mean i can remember that if you tried to climb this easy hill ramp a bit to the west from echo compound that you normaly used to get to norad, you ended up hitting a wall

http://forum.ragezone.com/f790/release-colorado-maps-alpha-beta-1128113/
right here
Just downloaded them, I'm gonna check it out now. Thank you :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@GigaToni All I know is that fred has a yearly license, so it has to get updated every year. And he works for the company of sergey so... he has a license but has to work for them aswell!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If this is to be the old days in each city, there should be an equal chance of finding sniper rifles

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
If this is to be the old days in each city, there should be an equal chance of finding sniper rifles

randomized loot was amazing - yes

tho it won't work now, 90% of people playing it would just cry with poop like "hurr durr i cannot find easy dx in drugstore"
"why i am not finding op weapons at airport or military zones"

NewZ changed community to much, it would be hard AF to get people back into the old ways

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
randomized loot was amazing - yes

tho it won't work now, 90% of people playing it would just cry with poop like "hurr durr i cannot find easy dx in drugstore"
"why i am not finding op weapons at airport or military zones"

NewZ changed community to much, it would be hard AF to get people back into the old ways
I completely agree with you, but I know many people who want to go back to the Alpha build game, but there are a lot of people who liked this random loot and not like NewZ. They just silently play because they do not have to go anywhere, and if the man open the alpha project Fred will immediately close him down as he will cry that he will lose his online and that has fallen a lot in 1 year, he used to do something before, and now they only need money, I remember my first moments of the game when the zombies gathered in a pack they turned into a district of one, it was very funny:w00t:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, but I know many people who want to go back to the Alpha build game, but there are a lot of people who liked this random loot and not like NewZ. They just silently play because they do not have to go anywhere, and if the man open the alpha project Fred will immediately close him down as he will cry that he will lose his online and that has fallen a lot in 1 year, he used to do something before, and now they only need money, I remember my first moments of the game when the zombies gathered in a pack they turned into a district of one, it was very funny:w00t:
Alpha times will never come back. Even though someone will create an alpha project, it won't have many people playing. Play style has changed over the years and people will not get the same feeling even when they will be playing same warz alpha.
Fred is taking down every emulator video from youtube. Emulator era is definitely over, we have to deal with it. Soon, newz is gonna shut down as well, as it is loosing players very quickly lately.
I didn't want to accept that, as warz is still my favourite game of all times, but i had to. We have nothing left, than just wait for another game to get us in.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Alpha servers have always came and gone, Days after Dead was fully emulating the Alpha experience at one point, but we were still struggling with players. There is no way for us to advertise beyond RaGEZONE because NewZ takes everything down. Thousands if not tens of thousands of people that used to play The War Z, don't even know this website exists, and there is no way for us to reach out to them.

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
small correction... Fred don't really give a poop about small emulators as long as you don't take their stuff and advertise on "their turf"
It is silent terror and svena that atacks others...

Anyway...

dNyLgZT - WarZ Alpha Build From 2012 Show Off - RaGEZONE Forums

This won't go for long it seems

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back