Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Whats everything I need?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone! For 100% educational reasons, I would love to start picking, playing, and learning with the WarZ source code so I can understand C++ throughly and how techniques were achieved that made this game “MMO” standard.
What is ALL the software I will need to edit the game? Obviously Visual Studio but do i need like flash or something for the GUI? And what program do they use to edit their 3d models? blender?

Someone who knows, please inform me!! Thank you:)

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
If you want what they used for The WarZ:
1. 3dsMax 2012 for Models
2. Flash Professional for GUI
3. Photoshop for GUI
4. Visual Studio 2008 PRO (NOT Express!) with update (Dont remember what its called.)

I think that's all?

just as my friend said above, just to be straight with 3d models

3ds max 2012 ONLY since plugins for 2k12 were released, if you got anyone who can upgrade or write all new plugins for any newer 3dsmax then sure try anything else, unless you are stuck with 2012

don't even bother to use blender or maya

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want what they used for The WarZ:
1. 3dsMax 2012 for Models
2. Flash Professional for GUI
3. Photoshop for GUI
4. Visual Studio 2008 PRO (NOT Express!) with update (Dont remember what its called.)

I think that's all?

Amazing!! Thank you very much :)
So, I don't recognize these file extensions for the 3d models? .sco or something?
Is it possible to convert those files to like .fbx or something so I can use them in Unity3D game engine?

P.S. is there also any of the sources that is completely decompiled and I have all the source files? I think a lot of them don't have the source for all the flash gui things right?

Last edited:
Back