Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Connor's Community Source Code (Revision v1)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whats up guys!

I'm happy I can finally this released.

Lets get a few things straight. This is barebones. This needs work from not only me, but you guys as well.

I will be working on this for hours everyday and expect to get a new revision every single week. I'll either be updating this thread or making a new one, not sure atm what the rules are (I'll take a look after I'm finished writing this).

Okay first things first:

1. I added in windowed borderless. As of now there is no way to properly enable this. You will just have to locate to Documents > Arktos > WarZ > gamesettings.ini and set "r_fullscreen" to "2". Of course I'll be adding proper functionality soon. Like I said, barebones my friend.

2. I fixed a memory leak. I'll be debugging this game like no other over the next weeks, and I can guarantee great optimization.

-

I hope to make this source code the "goto source code". I've seen so much garbage released on ragezone, and my god, its sad. I was skeptical about even basing this off of DNC's release.

If you would like to contribute PLEASE let me know via PM. It would mean a lot. Thanks.

Let me know what features you want me to add! (Custom ones included)

I don't have any personal features planned other than ones such as skill tree. I can add terrain v3 <-> terrain v2 interchangeable and stuff like that.

Also, I won't be helping you setup this code. If you don't know how just check the tutorial section and watch a few videos.

I don't feel like I need to write a 3 page essay. You guys get the point. I'm dedicating a lot of time to this so expect a lot from it.

Downloads:
Source(client, server, updater, launcher, and api):

Binary(levels, data, dlls, and so forth):

External Dependencys(PhysX, PugiXML you get the idea):

Enjoy.

Best Regards,

Connordev

shoutout to my boy zoomer

Last edited:
Harro
Reaction score
Re: [Release] Connor's Community Source Code

He said its the dnc version with 1-8 updates so it won't have the following

Drivable Vehicles.
Unarmed Combat.
Spawn Protection.
Skilltree.
Missions / call for help.
Terrain V3.
Groups.

Some of the stuff i can think of.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

He said its the dnc version with 1-8 updates so it won't have the following

Drivable Vehicles.
Unarmed Combat.
Spawn Protection.
Skilltree.
Missions / call for help.
Terrain V3.
Groups.

Some of the stuff i can think of.
yep. I can add any of that easily if wanted. I'm looking to focus on core gameplay more than features.
This engine is "good" if used properly. Its just the crappy hammerpoint sergey code that makes this game bad :p

Quick update:

Added windowed borderless support, something that should of been implemented a long time ago.

else
{
// set window params to windowed borderless
extern void r3dWinStyleModify(HWND hWnd, int add, DWORD style);
r3dWinStyleModify(HLibWin, 1, WS_POPUP);
}

I'm also on the bridge of if I should or should not release my anticheat along with this. We'll see.

Sorry for my spam bump. If anyone could help me out in flash that would be great. as of now if you want windowed borderless you will need to go into game settings and set r_fullscreen to "2" until we can add it properly working in the menu. (wont be hard)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Development] Connor's Community Source Code

Not bad! :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Okay. I'm going to get a version released tonight (hopefully).

Okay finished windowed borderless and got rid of a memory leak with scaleform.

how windowed borderless works:

1. Tells client that "r_fullscreen 2" is "technically" windowed.
2. using the "r3dWinStyleModify". basically, lets take a look at how they've used it:
r3dWinStyleModify(HLibWin, 0, WS_MINIMIZEBOX);

That "0" is equivalent to false (Yes I know its obvious, to some maybe not).
I use this to my advantage. In game::init, I added in this AFTER it loads the ini files.

if( r_fullscreen->GetInt() == 2 ) {
r3dWinStyleModify(win::hWnd, 0, WS_VISIBLE);
r3dWinStyleModify(win::hWnd, 0, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW);
r3dWinStyleModify(win::hWnd, 1, WS_POPUP);
}

Basically the "WS_VISIBLE, and WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW" are window styles that are added automatically in the createwindow function.
If those were still enabled, windowed borderless would not work (for obvious reasons) thats why they are set to false.
Then I enable "WS_POPUP" (Thats windowed borderless itself).

So yeah. I'll see if I can upload this soon. I'll post it in the release section, cause why not. Revision v1! :)
Theres also small other tweaks for windowed borderless, nothing you can't find yourself.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

I think is better you upload your project in GitHub, is better to see commits and etc.

+1 on this

Btw nice to see you helping this community for a change connor :D Keep it up and make this a great src

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Okay. Ill make a repo tomorrow.And thanks owl! Ill definitely try. Im sure i can do it, and if anyone else wants to help let me know via pm.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

you use Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate | Professional | Premium ? or 2008 ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

you use Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate | Professional | Premium ? or 2008 ?
I can easily upgrade it to vs2013. Didnt have time to finish a revision yesterday. I'm gonna start working now.

Edit: zipping and soon to be uploaded. I'll make a post in the release section I guess?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[Release] Connor's Community Source Code (Revision v1)!

Old Thread:

Hey guys, since I have a lot of experience with this engine and mild c++ knowledge I'll be developing off the war z's engine, slowly updating/fixing/removing/optimizing code! I'll be basing this off of DNC Release with updates 1 - 8. I'll try to push a stable commit every week or so, or sooner, depending on how busy I am.
A few things I want to cover in this release:

- Custom .fla's, (i.e. Not a new hud. I mean fixing some bad actionscript code and adding new things to the options)
- I won't add in things that can be done on your own. If you want a new gun in or something, thats your job, this source code is so you can have a more stable client/server running.
- Community consent, I won't be doing much without the approval of you guys. Feedback is highly appreciated.
- Updates. I'll be updating the same way DNC updated his source code. Drag whatever files > replace.
- This source will be stable for a server, not only locally.
- Optimization. We all know that optimization isn't a companys first priority when it comes to game development (as we've seen in warz). I'll do my best to fix all memory leaks (I know of a few already) and lag spikes.

If you would like to help me on this project let me know. I'll add a download soon, keep in mind this is bare bones atm.

DOWNLOAD:
( for now use this, only download "education_reupado").

UPDATES:
( temporary again, updates 1 - 8, copy and replace, should be self explanatory. )

Thanks for all the feedback. If you have an personal issues with me let me know in pm.

links are temp, just so my thread doesnt get taken down for no release :)

** This is purely for educational use only **

Credits: Me, V1rU5, and anyone else who wants to help

Best Regards,

Connordev

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Release] Connor's Community Source Code (Revision v1)!

Thanks for this release, can you share how you have fix the memory leak please ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Features

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I for one would like to see terrain 3 implemented..and I'd also like to say I appreciate you taking the time to do this for noobs like myself who want to learn..Thank you ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

why you don't use latest src ( in v3) - i think it's better.
It is to an extent. Thats why Ill be adding majority of things to this source (lens dirt etc).

I for one would like to see terrain 3 implemented..and I'd also like to say I appreciate you taking the time to do this for noobs like myself who want to learn..Thank you ..
I can implement terrain 3. And thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

fastload?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

fastload?
Not yet, I'll add it! :)

pardon my language but
what the duck is wrong with this fastload code. I can't.. I can't even.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming in the next update:

anondev - [Development] Connor's Community Source Code (Revision v1)! - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom FLA's Integrated into the source code, and proper switching between fullscreen, windowed, and borderless. I know 0 actionscript but damn its pretty simple which is nice. Ignore the change name, voip options and change outfit functions for now.

Okay, another update:
Fixed grass rendering black,
Added support for only 1 server (Gameplay intention. I'll go into more detail later)
Attempting to make the laser sight changeable on preference (red, blue purple etc) Next goal is the same for dropped items.
Fixed the roads wanting to not render sometimes (around camp splinter) I don't even think the retail game fixed this bug, they just removed the roads at camp splinter instead of fixing the bug xD Its so simple to fix as well.

Now my goal is to see how I can decrease loading times. Not this fast load stuff, I mean properly doing so.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Now my goal is to see how I can decrease loading times. Not this fast load stuff, I mean properly doing so.

is still the best Option in my opinion. Just a example of my own code. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back