Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] DeadZone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently making an emulator that will be PVP focused. I am ceasing development of Condemned due to the fact that nobody likes, or will ever play a PVE focused emulator. I have put many months into it, but it will not turn out good in the long run.

Basically DeadZone will be a mix of ZMMO, and DeadZ. With the main focus being PVP of course.
Here are the following things that will be put into DeadZone.

Updated UI - Different layout, design, and hopefully ActionScript code. I am aiming for a clean, and new looking UI with hopefully some new features added in.

Weapons - I will be removing all WarZ/I:SS weapons. I will be putting new weapons in game. The reason for this is for a feeling of something new, and to be honest, the I:SS guns get old after the years. There will be AR'S, SMG'S, Sniper's, Pistols, and Melee's added in. And possibly LMG'S. But it takes more time to animate those.

Attachments - All WarZ/I:SS attachments will be gone, new ones will be added in. Possibly from Shattered Skies, or something else.

Gear - All WarZ/I:SS gear will be removed. New gear such as Backpacks, Hats, Helmets, and Armor will be added.

Characters - I will be adding other character models. The WarZ/I:SS models will be removed from the game.

Map's. - The main map will be 4096x4096 map with a high LOD. I will be using Shattered Skies props and models for this. All the PVP maps will use Shattered Skies objects as well.

Sounds - All WarZ/I:SS sounds will be removed and i will add in new gun, character, environment, impact, misc, and ambient sounds. Hopefully with better quality than the current I:SS sounds.

Animations - I will try to give every new gun new animations. It may be hard, and this isn't promised. I might also make new character animations.

Game - Allot of the market will be in game dollars, some rare things might cost GC. We are also looking to make a balanced PVP feeling to the game. We will also look into a very high end VPS, and Anti-Cheat program, for the best gaming experience. We will also look into new features, not just new data stuff ;).

I will be posing update screenshots here. This thread will be my main update/development thread for DeadZone. Anything you guys want to ask/discuss shoot away :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good luck Dark, high expectations for this :8:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just make your own custom map please, no ugly colorado v2. I cant believe that people actually like v2 more than v1... And dont add to much SS things, people still love the feeling of this game and by adding a lot of new/ss items you can ruin it :)
good luck though

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
Just make your own custom map please, no ugly colorado v2. I cant believe that people actually like v2 more than v1... And dont add to much SS things, people still love the feeling of this game and by adding a lot of new/ss items you can ruin it :)
good luck though

there are people that really love V2 more than V1?

As i am concerned from smmo everyone loved V1 more ;s

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Project is going great Sylvanas1234. Everything SS is added. (Guns, Attachments, Mags, Scopes, Objects, SkyDome, Particles, Even .FLA assets, etc) Just need to finish the main map, forums, panel, and main site.. I will be adding the source and data to a VPS this week (or possible the end of next week) and release the game when finalized. I would say September 30 - October 4th the latest.

But honestly, not sure how many people would play, since people want "Infestation", and nothing else?

☆Dying Dawn☆
Reaction score
to be honest I recommend looking for new players because a lot of player from infestation love the kid things and the same poop :s but I hope you also do something different. good luck with your project :thumbup1:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What Bombillo said"and eagerly awaiting Afterlife"...I'm in for something different..all you see anymore is the same crap over and over,same toons,weapons,maps,no one does anything different,alot of us alpha players got burnt out on Colorado by the first half of 2015..if I for example,want to play ISS..then I'll play ISS..not some badly coded 14 year old kids copy of it..That's one reason my project is taking so long,I want to learn everything I can and do my best to give the player a different experience..So do your thing dude,it'll be great..Shoot me a link when its ready...

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
What Bombillo said"and eagerly awaiting Afterlife"...I'm in for something different..all you see anymore is the same crap over and over,same toons,weapons,maps,no one does anything different,alot of us alpha players got burnt out on Colorado by the first half of 2015..if I for example,want to play ISS..then I'll play ISS..not some badly coded 14 year old kids copy of it..That's one reason my project is taking so long,I want to learn everything I can and do my best to give the player a different experience..So do your thing dude,it'll be great..Shoot me a link when its ready...

soo at this point there are 3 "in progress" emus that are going out with something new and different

lets just see when it will all go to release who got what :)

good luck to all of ya friends!

☆Dying Dawn☆
Reaction score
so sad but yes.. a lot of ppl here just copy and paste into their emu without trying a little bit to understand how the code works to implement new things... i entered on this comunity in 2014 (I Never play WarZ and Never Open a Private Server) and i was so surprised because this is the only game in RZ with full SDK Files so that means you can do anything you want with the game the imagination is the limit in this case but 80% of present ppl just use the ISS:thai kid models and just use a clean or some src released already edited.. where is the point when you doing that with a Open SRC game idk but so sad this comunity is a battlefield :s......... but also this game have a lot of trouble by what I saw and a friend told me this game is supported by dx9 and this game is It supposed to be for dx11 if you want to play with a good performance and high fps without f*ck the render with the lot of house, buildings, TerrainV3, Maps 4080k+ the game don't support Terrain in 8k size and by no way 16k lol and others models without lods ingame make the render go to the sh*t too, dx9 is only for small maps like warinc in the air or 2k/4k size in TerranV2.. but there must be a way to rewrite the code to upgrade the DX9 to DX11 on ISS as Shatered Skies Did it, I think I talked too much :v but I wish you all the luck in the world darkshadowm16 you are the few ppl in this forum who want to do something different with this game...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well thanks to just 2 of your vids Sylvanas..they jumpstarted me into adding my own assets,gear and weapons..until those vids I had never attempted 3d Max and can't thank you enough, and there are several others who have helped me learn in a lot of ways as well..and sure I've copied code from assorted src's here and there,but I started with a clean code and not outright taking someone elses source and calling it my own,I'm learning how to build it up..90% of these kids on here just grab,grab,grab and want ,want ,want without taking the time or initiative to learn,like Bombillo said..And @ Bombillo you are correct,there are several different ways to go with the code,sure it's not the greatest,but a good starting point in learning how to develop..and yes..best of luck to you guys and thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back