Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PS-Development] WarZ Hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
For fun i started to Work on a fully hardcore mode of WarZ this means i want to bring back the Survival aspect to WarZ on a Whole new Map.

Im Currently Working alone and as i said i do it for fun

Features :

Make Food and Water Important Alpha Stage One
When u are low on Hunger or Thirst u reg slower Stamina if both is on low u reg every min 1% stamina and get every 20 - 30 secounds 1%dmg and u get More Dmg by getting hit from Zombies and or Bullet hit or Melee Alpha Stage One / Stage Two Due i have to Catch Bugs for it
Reset of Ur Character Statistics After dead / Respawn Alpha Stage One ( need to Sync with Client )
Balance loot ( New Loot System ) Alpha Stage Two ( Got a Big Throw back )
Reworked the Skill system ( Only Survival skills ) Alpha Stage Three or later
Only First Person Alpha Stage One
Make the Night Dark Alpha Stage Two
Add fog to the Game Alpha Stage One
New Map Alpha Stage One / Two / Three ( Currently Colorado V2 untill i have time to work on a Map )
Friend system ( Never Going to make a Clan System ) Alpha Stage Three hopefully
Think about VOIP only for Local Alpha Stage Three hopefully or Close to Release
lootable map ( 3 Forms , Hand drawn , Normal Map , Survival Map ( Means all Spots are market on it like Heli crashes and so on ) )Alpha Stage Three
New Sounds for example new Sound scapes to give the game a New feeling
Alpha Stage Two
Motion Blur Alpha Stage One
Let Weapons spawn with Different conditions ( Fn Weapon Full dmg , WW half dmg , Rusty almost no dmg high recoil and spread ) Alpha Stage One or Two im not Sure
Let Weapons Spawn with Attachments like Acog scope , Grip and so on Alpha Stage Two or Three
Let Weapons spawn with Mags from 1 - 30 bullets Alpha Stage Two or Three
New Weapons Alpha Stage Two or Three
Zombies deal More Dmg so u can just tank 3 hits Alpha Stage One every Zombie deals 34 dmg the Super Zombie Deals if i put it on my Map 66 DMG
Zombies are just a little bit faster
Alpha Stage One not a Focus anymore due ISS V3 it has Sprinting Zombies
New Night Vision Planned But sofar dont have the time For it
and some stuff more

This stuff is Planned some of them are done or WIP

This is all so far so I will Edit the Post in some Days With Screens and Some Videos

A Small and Dirty Prewiev i know the Blur effects are Ugly im Going to remove it and or make them Smooth

I Know There is no Sound i dunno why OBS didnt recored the Sound

Links to my Used Stuff :
http://forum.ragezone.com/f789/development-mod-weapons-1103840/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f789/snippet-exchange-1029773/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f793/release-kuchens-v2-v3-maps-1013041/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f792/request-code-person-1104823/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f791/tutorial-3dsmax-warz-guns-v1-1102628/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f791/tutorial-3dsmax-warz-headgear-1102438/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f791/changing-sounds-main-menu-music-947802/

And at this Point i want to Give some Special Thanks away to :
@Sylvanas1234 i guess currently @Karti :p for Post his How to Guns and so on : D
@Vusion for his Source
@AlexRedd for help me to Put only FPS ( Atleast he Tryed to help )
@Sakrom Maybe he help me with design
@Bombillo For his Placeable Object Color change snippet cus im to Layz to search for it ^^
@TylerTurton For his TUT to Change the Main Menu Music
@FrageDev For reupload the ISS Untouched
And all other Guys who tryed to help me PM me If i forgot ur name : D

Reminder I dont care About Negative Opinions but if u still Have some feel free to PM me so the Thread is Cleaned.

I will Formate The Thread tomorrow or so and Correct some Words im to layz atm : D

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Re: [Development] WarZ Hardcore

Ay good luck with that :)

here are just things i think you could change ( just opinions nothing else mate )

change "Friend system ( Never Going to make a Clan System )" into something like "group limitations of 4-5 peoeple & no clans"
cuz we all know that without limkts people always gonna play in huge groups that makes other people leave the game s;

lootable map ( 3 Forms , Hand drawn , Normal Map , Survival Map ( Means all Spots are market on it like Heli crashes and so on ) )sounds nice but could you correct me if i am wrong here? You want to have 1 map that would be "cut" into 3 parts on which loot is different etc orr?

Let Weapons spawn with Different conditions ( Fn Weapon Full dmg , WW half dmg , Rusty almost no dmg high recoil and spread) idea is awesome but it might take hell out of job ot make that working , + am worried weapon condition can be worthless ( don't take me wrong, removing weapon conditions won't make game "pvp hue hue" emulator i you still gonna work hard on the loot and balance :) )

New Night Vision - What exacly you mean by a "new night vision" :D ? Termal xD? :D

And mate, the blur option is amazing :) don't take it down or change :D it is perfect :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Ay good luck with that :)

here are just things i think you could change ( just opinions nothing else mate )

change "Friend system ( Never Going to make a Clan System )" into something like "group limitations of 4-5 peoeple & no clans"
cuz we all know that without limkts people always gonna play in huge groups that makes other people leave the game s;

lootable map ( 3 Forms , Hand drawn , Normal Map , Survival Map ( Means all Spots are market on it like Heli crashes and so on ) )sounds nice but could you correct me if i am wrong here? You want to have 1 map that would be "cut" into 3 parts on which loot is different etc orr?

Let Weapons spawn with Different conditions ( Fn Weapon Full dmg , WW half dmg , Rusty almost no dmg high recoil and spread) idea is awesome but it might take hell out of job ot make that working , + am worried weapon condition can be worthless ( don't take me wrong, removing weapon conditions won't make game "pvp hue hue" emulator i you still gonna work hard on the loot and balance :) )

New Night Vision - What exacly you mean by a "new night vision" :D ? Termal xD? :D

And mate, the blur option is amazing :) don't take it down or change :D it is perfect :)

for the Map I think about to make it like H1z1 thex have a hand drawn map and The Normal map

hcVRWPu - [PS-Development] WarZ Hardcore - RaGEZONE Forums

Kuchen - [PS-Development] WarZ Hardcore - RaGEZONE Forums

The friend system is just a idea i still think about to dont add it

for the Conditions i have a simple idea ^^

and new NVG je like Termal Scope or something like that cus the fog is Ducking op ^^

and for the blur im going to add a option to turn it off or idk

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score

for the Map I think about to make it like H1z1 thex have a hand drawn map and The Normal map

hcVRWPu - [PS-Development] WarZ Hardcore - RaGEZONE Forums

The friend system is just a idea i still think about to dont add it

for the Conditions i have a simple idea ^^

and new NVG je like Termal Scope or something like that cus the fog is Ducking op ^^

and for the blur im going to add a option to turn it off or idk

well when i will have some time i can try to get some kind of "nvg weapon scope" you could use ( ofc you would need to enable that in the code ( i cannot do that :< ) )

anyway add me on skype!! :D

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

What type of map are you looking for,desert,forested,etc? Size? Types of cities and towns? Maybe I can throw a few things your way.I have a few that are unfinished and pre-fabs of entire locations to throw on them,"not run of the mill 14 yr old slap and go structures".

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Currently i have my Darkwoods its Forrest only as u see in the Links

i want a map that is just 4kx4k half of colorado main layer Forrest but its not the focus for now : )

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Currently i have my Darkwoods its Forrest only as u see in the Links

i want a map that is just 4kx4k half of colorado main layer Forrest but its not the focus for now : )

i think the best way will be to get the map done by yourself :)

or if you got some time i would suggest you 1 thing.

Imagine to edit the colorado map, to be covered with ocean, leave only LANDS itself.. make towns, roads, minimaps and stuff all by yourself :)

will probably take aloooot of time.. but believe me, it will be the best :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Updated The Thread

Im Searching for A Game Name Feel free to Pm me one Also feel Free to PM me a new Main Menu Sound track : D

Stuff i have done

Update #1 :

Zombies deal More Dmg so u can just tank 3 hits
When u are low on Hunger or Thirst u reg slower Stamina if both is on low u reg every min 1% stamina and get every 20 - 30 secounds 1%dmg and u get More Dmg by getting hit from Zombies and or Bullet hit or Melee

maybe a New Main Menu Sound Track still search for One

Update #2 :

Motion Blur
Reworked the Skill system ( Only Survival skills )

Update #3 : Map Update

Cus im Still using my Old map Darkwoods i started to Edit the fog in Some Points and Changed Some Lights More. in the Video Desc and as u see in The Video Zombies needs just 3 Hits to kill u instead of 5 - 8
Changed The color for Able to place from White to Green

Changed The Color of the Chats and renamed the Chat tabs i know its easy but its 4 Am here and i dont want to start something big now : )

FfbN4iM - [PS-Development] WarZ Hardcore - RaGEZONE Forums

Changed the Range fot the Local Chat from 200 to 100 maybe i lower it more to 50
Think about VOIP only for Local
Lower the Amount of Weapons to 3 each Class ( Like M16,M4 Semi,Scar for AR for HG B92,FN 5,7, and dunno B93r to Clean up the Client )

Update #4 :

Tryed to edit the .swf a bit to Bring some Color Into this Game

17D71Er - [PS-Development] WarZ Hardcore - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Update #5 :

Im Finaly done with

Let Weapons Spawn with Attachments like Acog scope , Grip and so on
Let Weapons spawn with Mags from 1 - 30 bullets

and iv got Some New Main Menu Sound Tracks and i Want u Guys Decide wich one I should take cus i like all of them

Pls Go on Youtube to see The Playlist or use this link

And soon im Ready For a Small Alpha Test im Waiting for my Dedicated. Duration for the First Alpha Stage is 2 - 3 Days up Time 22/3 due Fixes and so on Infos will Follow soon as Possible

In the First Alpha Stage i Wanted to test how the feeling is the map and the new Loot System so not all of the Features i have done are in Stage One They will be Tested In stage 2 or 3

I edited the Main Post so u can see the stuff in Alpha Stage One

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This all looks really good, I'm glad to see an emulator that's being actually changed/reworked instead of just throwing in skins and calling it a day.

Off topic: Wow, totally forgot I still had that tutorial, glad it came in handy!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Update #6 :

Hey Guys Normaly i wanted to start the Alpha stage one This Weekend but my Hoster is retarded and told me today that they need 1 week more to put my dedicated online

lootable map ( 3 Forms , Hand drawn , Normal Map , Survival Map ( Means all Spots are market on it like Heli crashes and so on ) )
Also Make Groups for Each Alpha Stage and so on for chat so u can see for example the Player plays since Stage One and so on
almost done just have to Make the maps and Point some bugs out if u Join a other map

Hey Boys Im rly sad to Say That now my VMBox crashed and the Whole Source is Lost now this duck me rly up but i still want to Make the Hardcore server real so i Switch the Source sadly to ISS untouched or CodexPo Source and Work with it. why i want to use this Sources now ? cus its easy for me to work with i can work on the fla and so on so i have no Problem when edit the Frontend or WarZ_Hud im rly sry and im rly Pissed

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey Guys Quick Update long time notthing happen i worked so Hard but as u guys can read in my last post my Source is lost i got my secound throw back now cus my Hoster said hey U hosting Illegal stuff Delete it or we have to shut down ur dedi so i decided to work and ignor the Message and then it happens they closed my dedi so i searched for a new Hoster and i Started again from scrach but with Untouched ISS Source i know its V3 but it easyer for me to work with and im almost done with the First Stage for the Alpha so i Will maybe create a Thread in Upcomming servers With Infos to download Tomorrow or Satturday and here a Special Thanks to FrageDev for reupload Untouched ISS and all other who Tryed to Help or such stuff or Still belive in this Project so Thats All from me today and now Some Update news

Update 7# :

Make Food and Water Important Alpha Stage One
When u are low on Hunger or Thirst u reg slower Stamina if both is on low u reg every min 1% stamina and get every 20 - 30 secounds 1%dmg and u get More Dmg by getting hit from Zombies and or Bullet hit or Melee Alpha Stage One / Stage Two Due i have to Catch Bugs for it
Reset of Ur Character Statistics After dead / Respawn Alpha Stage One ( need to Sync with Client )
Balance loot ( New Loot System ) Alpha Stage Two ( Got a Big Throw back )
Reworked the Skill system ( Only Survival skills ) Alpha Stage Three or later
Only First Person Alpha Stage One
Make the Night Dark Alpha Stage Two
Add fog to the Game Alpha Stage One
New Map Alpha Stage One / Two / Three ( Currently Colorado V2 untill i have time to work on a Map )
Friend system ( Never Going to make a Clan System ) Alpha Stage Three hopefully
Think about VOIP only for Local Alpha Stage Three hopefully or Close to Release
lootable map ( 3 Forms , Hand drawn , Normal Map , Survival Map ( Means all Spots are market on it like Heli crashes and so on ) )Alpha Stage Three
New Sounds for example new Sound scapes to give the game a New feeling
Alpha Stage Two
Motion Blur Alpha Stage One
Let Weapons spawn with Different conditions ( Fn Weapon Full dmg , WW half dmg , Rusty almost no dmg high recoil and spread ) Alpha Stage One or Two im not Sure
Let Weapons Spawn with Attachments like Acog scope , Grip and so on Alpha Stage Two or Three
Let Weapons spawn with Mags from 1 - 30 bullets Alpha Stage Two or Three
New Weapons Alpha Stage Two or Three
Zombies deal More Dmg so u can just tank 3 hits Alpha Stage One
Alpha Stage One
New Night Vision Planned But sofar dont have the time For it

Updated the Main Thread

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Kuchen Good luck and have some fun, feel free to contact me if you want some help even if I'm a beginner.
(skype: fragegaming)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sadly, this emu on tv3 source is not gonna be that fun imho.
Good luck tho.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Alpha Stage one Starts 08.07. so next weekend due i dont want to release so much unfinished stuff and not all works as i expected as i saw today and yesterday while testing with 10 players there were to many Crashes and bugs in some Features so prepare for the Public alpha release.

Small FAQ due i got alot of PM in Ragezone and Steam and Skype

How long is the Stage one : 3 - 7 days depend on the how many bugs i got.
When Does Stage Two Starts : a week after Stage One.
How long is Stage Two : 7 - 14 days
When Starts Stage Three : 3 - 5 days after Stage Two depend on how fast i work
How long : 1 Month
How many Players are Allowed to play each Stage : Stage One 10 - 15 , Stage Two 10 - 30 all Stage One Players can play aswell , Stage Three all Stage one and Two players and 10 - 25 New Players , Then the Release all can play
Is there a way to Support you with Mapping or Coding : Yes there is just contact me in steam and show me something .
Is there a way to Donate : No not in the Alpha Stages when the game is released there will be a way to Donate

Quick Update #8 :

Due its the V3 Source i Removed some Stuff like the Super Zombie and the Cars
Reworked the skilltree so u are able to buy just 10 Skills they restett if u die so u have to reskill. Why did i make this ? : To make the game Fair to new players and so u have to play care.
For the Yesterday Testing i enabled the GI everywhere this got alot of negative feedback so i remove it and on the new map i will add a way to travel faster to a Safezone.
The Map System were bugged as i Told i want to add 3 Different maps some players had the bug That they only can use one of them.
v7cMs6m - [PS-Development] WarZ Hardcore - RaGEZONE Forums
aqNFzhw - [PS-Development] WarZ Hardcore - RaGEZONE Forums

I know it looks ugly but im not a Grafics desinger : )

Thats all for the Quick Update.

Ty for the Testers yesterday

If u have any Questions feel free to pm me add me in steam or Skype

Attachments

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey ho Guys Quick update to the alpha Start as soon as im at home i will Edit this Post with Infos for the download links and how to get in to the alpha. due i dont have the time to create a New map i have to use colorado v2 and to Report a bug when i open the gate send me pms with the bug list. Thats all for now cya later

#

All Infos for the Alpha Stage can Found Here :
http://forum.ragezone.com/f888/warz-infestation-warz-hardcore-alpha-1107908

Hey Ho Tanks for the Testing and the Bug report the servers are now Down Untill next Weekend.

Bugs Found Sometimes the Client switch to Third Person and there is no way to switch Back. This bug got already fixed
Some Zombies Spawn in Objects. Its a Map bug
Too many Weapons are on the map. Im Sure about this i will lower it later on
some Times i die instand if Water and Food is low. Fixed due some players had 2 iss.exe in their folder and the Launcher started with the Wrong one also its now sync with the server.
Crashes while loading and or Join on map. Almost all of them are now fixed

Note : All Account will be Wiped so u have to Register again and create a New Char.
Why Im doing this its because i change some stuff on the Accounts and char system also the Frontend will be Changed and there will be hopefully a new Map
Thats all i got so far

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Heyho Guys its me again and i Have to say Some bad stuff and Good Stuff (Not For all Members)

First The Bad Stuff no i didnt lost my Stuff this Time : ) I have to say that i have to Stop Working on it due my Limited time i have to Work alot last days and it wont change in the next Months maybe next year i get the time to work on it but untill now i Have to Stop.
Why do u stop u Could Work Slow on it ? I dont want to Wast Money now the server Cost around 100€ Every Month cus im Running a Test server and the public server.
Why Do u have two servers ? I wanted to Bring the Best Performance no Lags and Fast Download and Also i wanted to Work while the Game is Live.
Is There a way To get The Source ? Now we come to the Good news For some PPL of U im Going to Release my Source and i also support it and Bring Fixes

I Guess its all from me now and I want to say Ty to all the 136 Testers last Week and Just 25 Hackers That Got Cought with my Custom AC. never thought that there where so many Players and this makes me Rly sad to shut down : (((

Im Going to Post the Source and a Quick Install Guide later On Cya Guys For now : (((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back