Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff"

Master Summoner
Reaction score
re: "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff"

But you are playing on Ultra! That's why it is so Ducking laggy!

Reactions: Ron
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Group System via Commands they said, will be cool they said...
DNC - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

Made with DirectX because Flash fucks up like hell (See chat tabes etc x.x)
Infestation - Please buy some better Programmers x.x

Working on Map Teleporters to create Areas for a Level Cap to implement Levels =)

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

Group System via Commands they said, will be cool they said...

Made with DirectX because Flash fucks up like hell (See chat tabes etc x.x)
Infestation - Please buy some better Programmers x.x

Working on Map Teleporters to create Areas for a Level Cap to implement Levels =)

Nicely done. We've finished it using the classic WarZ UI player context menu.

Though, a new dawn of survivalism arises for our team soon... More info when I have permission to announce it.

We're not in the same engine anymore...

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Nicely done. We've finished it using the classic WarZ UI player context menu.

Though, a new dawn of survivalism arises for our team soon... More info when I have permission to announce it.

We're not in the same engine anymore...

What do you mean by that? It will ALWAYS BE the same engine, no matter what you do. It will ALWAYS BE the old Eclipse Engine.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

We're not using the Eclipse Engine for this new project.
I thought you said about DeadZ. Anyways, it's nice to see someone who is capable of doing a game without a complete src in their hands. No offense :p

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

So I've been fiddling around with Source code of the launcher (aka. RSUpdate.sln)

so I came up with this.. to keep the thread simple I've made a video explaining everything.

(It should be up within 10-15 minutes from posting this, I'm going to bed now and I've left it to upload in meantime)

Things I mentioned for which I hope I could get a reply:

05:35 - I'm wondering if there's a way to test the launcher offline.

06:25 - 07:55 - Issues with window dragging.

08:20 - extra notice regarding the current Humble bundle deal called Humble Deep Silver bundle on . basically you pay what you want and you get the bundle games and this one is quite good! :)

09:30 - Wondering to find possible new steam friends to enjoy games with.

P.S. Any idea why was I, a not professional youtuber / partner, got the ability to post custom thumbnails? not that I mind though.. I'm planning on making thumbnails for all of my videos now so I'd be more professional there, but still, dunno why I have that option now out of no apparent reason.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

So I've been fiddling around with Source code of the launcher (aka. RSUpdate.sln)

so I came up with this.. to keep the thread simple I've made a video explaining everything.

(It should be up within 10-15 minutes from posting this, I'm going to bed now and I've left it to upload in meantime)

Things I mentioned for which I hope I could get a reply:

05:35 - I'm wondering if there's a way to test the launcher offline.

06:25 - 07:55 - Issues with window dragging.

08:20 - extra notice regarding the current Humble bundle deal called Humble Deep Silver bundle on . basically you pay what you want and you get the bundle games and this one is quite good! :)

09:30 - Wondering to find possible new steam friends to enjoy games with.

P.S. Any idea why was I, a not professional youtuber / partner, got the ability to post custom thumbnails? not that I mind though.. I'm planning on making thumbnails for all of my videos now so I'd be more professional there, but still, dunno why I have that option now out of no apparent reason.

*feels special* Nice!
Monetize your YouTUBE account to get thumbnails.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score

*feels special* Nice!
Monetize your YouTUBE account to get thumbnails.

It's not monetized.. that's why it's weird that I can use them! that's what I'm talking about!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

More Flashlight at night testing..

Basically I've made changes in moon settings, sky (as you can see I'm using my custom real night starry sky)
apart from that I've made a thick night fog which i think is a really nice touch..

also the flashlight light texture is brand new too.. I've taken a picture of the light against the wall that my flashlight made and made it like that (since original is poor quality and ugly)

There are also few more minor details like custom SSAO, film grain and more, but oh well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Looks fancy! Mind explaining the attributes a bit?

Well, there will be a bigger system behind it but for the start its okay to explain the attributes and for what they are for :D
But before i explain it i need to explain the background: I try to add more Zombies and other Kind of Zombies and Monsters to create a little
RPG with it. Each Zombie has his own Level and also his own Strength, Defense and other Attributes.
The Weapons will be bound to a Level which you need to hold this Weapon. As Example:
For a Knife you need Level 1 but for a Sniper you'll need level 5 or 10 or whatever.
Each Weapon has his own Stats: Strength and Hit Rate. Suits etc. will have Defense and Evasion usw.
So it's just like a Normal RPG (Like WoW usw.)
STR ( Strength ) will increase the Damage a Weapon will do.
DEX ( Dexterity ) will increase the Evasion and also the Hit Rate.
INT ( intelligence) will increase the Defense because there is no Magic in this Game :D
( a smart Survivor know's how to defend hisself)
KON ( concentration ) will increase the Accuracy. So you'll not miss a Shot.

About STR:
Later the Zombies will Mutate. It's because they are Zombies lol :D
A Mutated Zombie has more Defense and Damage then other "lower, not mutated" Zombies.
To defeat a Mutated Zombie you need to be Strong. So thats why you can set an attribute to Strength.

About DEX:
Zombies are not smart but they still can hit you. To dodge these hit's your reaction needs to be increased.
As longer as you survive you'll learn how these Zombies will attack you and your able to Dodge their Hits like a Ninja.
And also your Hit Rate will be increased because your faster then normal :eek:

About INT:
A Special person will never survive a Zombie apocalypse :p
Intelligence is used as Magic Attacks in all other MMO's because a Mage needs to be smart to cast his spells.
In this case i changed Intelligence to increase your Defense. As more as you know about the Zombies you'll be able to
predict his attacks and you can lower their damage to you :)

About KON:
I don't know if you are able to defend a Zombie if your stoned or drunk :eek:
So maybe you'll miss an attack against a Zed or you hit yourself (Remember Pokemons confused? :D)
If your concentrated you know how to attack them and won't miss your Hit.

But i think i'll need to remove INT and change it to DEF :p *retardet Kasu, always confused x.x*

If you have questions you can ask me whatever you want :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Well, there will be a bigger system behind it but for the start its okay to explain the attributes and for what they are for :D
But before i explain it i need to explain the background: I try to add more Zombies and other Kind of Zombies and Monsters to create a little
RPG with it. Each Zombie has his own Level and also his own Strength, Defense and other Attributes.
The Weapons will be bound to a Level which you need to hold this Weapon. As Example:
For a Knife you need Level 1 but for a Sniper you'll need level 5 or 10 or whatever.
Each Weapon has his own Stats: Strength and Hit Rate. Suits etc. will have Defense and Evasion usw.
So it's just like a Normal RPG (Like WoW usw.)
STR ( Strength ) will increase the Damage a Weapon will do.
DEX ( Dexterity ) will increase the Evasion and also the Hit Rate.
INT ( intelligence) will increase the Defense because there is no Magic in this Game :D
( a smart Survivor know's how to defend hisself)
KON ( concentration ) will increase the Accuracy. So you'll not miss a Shot.

About STR:
Later the Zombies will Mutate. It's because they are Zombies lol :D
A Mutated Zombie has more Defense and Damage then other "lower, not mutated" Zombies.
To defeat a Mutated Zombie you need to be Strong. So thats why you can set an attribute to Strength.

About DEX:
Zombies are not smart but they still can hit you. To dodge these hit's your reaction needs to be increased.
As longer as you survive you'll learn how these Zombies will attack you and your able to Dodge their Hits like a Ninja.
And also your Hit Rate will be increased because your faster then normal :eek:

About INT:
A Special person will never survive a Zombie apocalypse :p
Intelligence is used as Magic Attacks in all other MMO's because a Mage needs to be smart to cast his spells.
In this case i changed Intelligence to increase your Defense. As more as you know about the Zombies you'll be able to
predict his attacks and you can lower their damage to you :)

About KON:
I don't know if you are able to defend a Zombie if your stoned or drunk :eek:
So maybe you'll miss an attack against a Zed or you hit yourself (Remember Pokemons confused? :D)
If your concentrated you know how to attack them and won't miss your Hit.

But i think i'll need to remove INT and change it to DEF :p *retardet Kasu, always confused x.x*

If you have questions you can ask me whatever you want :)

Oh.. i really what you're trying to do but you have to remember, War Z is not an open world game and is good because is different from others, i'll suggest you to don't destroy that thing..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Oh.. i really what you're trying to do but you have to remember, War Z is not an open world game and is good because is different from others, i'll suggest you to don't destroy that thing..

Yeah i know - i still let it open world but i try to increase the map size and add serveral islands.
On these Islands you can still enter them if your new but you'll be fucked if a zombie smells you :D

A RPG with an Open World - yolo :D

Back