Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Setting up Infestation MMO server - RaGEZONE Community Edition!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, @ztimer (one of last steps i have error)

When i start the launcher he start i can register etc but he move's me to the Login and say me: Login failed, please try again later.
I Think something wrong in the console of supervisorserver Check the print please.

Folder logss

(The error is this:)

000001.622| WO_API: failed with error code 5 SQL Connect failed
000001.622| ApiGetDataGameRewards FAILED, code: 5

LAHFqtA - [Tutorial] Setting up Infestation MMO server - RaGEZONE Community Edition! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
000014.025| LootBox: !!!! Failed to get lootbox with ID: 262197. Server/Client desync??
000014.025| !!! OnCreate failed for obj=obj_ItemSpawnPoint, filename=data/objectsdepot/capture_points/flag_pole_01.sco
Hello, thank you for the tutorial.

It helped me very much to learn and progress.

This is my current problem.

Because my client always crashes or dropped. (I play with friends, his PING 200.)

I try to find the problem, I suspect this is caused by an error code.

Searching about this error code solutions, but nothing, is the only one who knows and PHP related.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT

I use the operating system is completely clean build, completely according to your tutorial.

Sorry, my English is very bad, I have to improve as much as possible, if this bother you or offend you.

That must be Google translation error, XD.

Hi, @ztimer (one of last steps i have error)

When i start the launcher he start i can register etc but he move's me to the Login and say me: Login failed, please try again later.
I Think something wrong in the console of supervisorserver Check the print please.

Folder logss

(The error is this:)

000001.622| WO_API: failed with error code 5 SQL Connect failed
000001.622| ApiGetDataGameRewards FAILED, code: 5

LAHFqtA - [Tutorial] Setting up Infestation MMO server - RaGEZONE Community Edition! - RaGEZONE Forums
You should have a router.

I also have this situation SERVER 2008 R2 build.

WIN 7 will not, I have a router.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ChuTszHin

This tutorial specified that you should NOT have a router.
The problem with router is that if you want to have this server set as public then you have to forward all the required ports to the IP that the server has.
I have no possibility to test this out cause my Asus RT-AC66U has a limit to number of port forwarding and i have reached the limit on my other setups.

I haven't set this up "using a router" so i can't post the info here. You have to use the Help section to get your help there.

With router i only help on setting this up using local only.!!!!!!!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should have a router.

I also have this situation SERVER 2008 R2 build.

WIN 7 will not, I have a router.

This is not my Computer.... Its my VPS, Windows Server 2008 R2 and i cant do anything about 'router'....
ztimer so what can i do to fix the error 5 SQL connect failed ? (I Already see the Sticked post in help section but still)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ChuTszHin

This tutorial specified that you should NOT have a router.
The problem with router is that if you want to have this server set as public then you have to forward all the required ports to the IP that the server has.
I have no possibility to test this out cause my Asus RT-AC66U has a limit to number of port forwarding and i have reached the limit on my other setups.

I haven't set this up "using a router" so i can't post the info here. You have to use the Help section to get your help there.

With router i only help on setting this up using local only.!!!!!!!!
Do not.

You misunderstood what I meant.

What I mean is:

I have a WIFI router.

I WIN 7 64 BIT Ultimate system.

Structures, according to your tutorial, there is no problem.

But WIN 2008 R2 SERVER system structures, in the same way.

But it will cause SQL error code 5.

But WIN 7 64 BIT does not have this problem.

But WIN 7 64 BIT, DNC source, players will always be somehow dropped.

Or the client crashes.

I guess this may be because of different languages ​​VS 2008 solutions lead generation.

Or Chinese operating system is not compatible lead.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, so i solved my own problem "Error 5 SQL Connect Failed"

(The password of user: wz_api_user i choosed my own password but the password need to be 123456)
ztimer Thank you for your help. ChuTszHin You try help me so, Thank you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@rollwow

Its really good that people get their server running by following the tutorial and as you saw when not doing what is told leads to errors.!!
Please all that wait for answers and help in the wrong section "Do as the tutorial tells you" "Do not modify IT.!!!"

TO OTHERS !!!

After you got your server running. If you want to change something then search for it like "change wz_api_user password" You will land on some post that has all the files described where to change this.

Please people. If you are not planning on following the exact steps and you get stuck than don't post here !!!!!!

USE HELP SECTION

In the post you can link to this tutorial and describe what parts of it you disregarded and now you have a problem..

I'm little pissed off about my inbox being full with help PM. All the people so far had forgotten to do some part of the tutorial. Either because they think they know better or just forgot.

ChuTszHin

Yes i really read out of your post that you had a router and you need a router. That is why i answered like i did.
Its good that you got it to work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got the same error but rollwow already restarted the sql and nothing
oBzjUao - [Tutorial] Setting up Infestation MMO server - RaGEZONE Community Edition! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got the same error but rollwow already restarted the sql and nothing
hawk01

I can only think of:

1. You did not do or did something wrong before this.!
Please go over every step and check that you did all of it and check if the password is "123456"

As i told before. Set the server up using the steps the tutorial tells you and after it is up and running. Then you can start changing passwords and so on. This tutorial does not tell you to change the password so DONT !!!

And if you tell me that you did all of these steps and still get this then you may PM me your TeamViewer id and pass so i can confirm that you like others with problems did not follow the steps.

How come so many have set up their server using the tutorial with no problems.??

hawk01

You used to post your error using not your screenshot.
As i saw from TeamViewer that you have Windows 7 installed and you are trying to do it on it.
This means Required installation packages. required are different for you.
You have to find a tutorial that describes how to do it.

For im such a good person .. I will help you find what you are looking for.
Watch this video and download "only the setup files" from the youtube link.
Source files download from link in the tutorial.

Rest of the setup proccess you can follow this tutorial. I will not guarantee this works for you cause I have set it up once just to see if it works and some parts are a bit tricky.!! You need to think while doing.

Hope it helped you..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have problem, i registered Account, and clicked register, then, it goes back to login page, i write my password and email, and it sais: Login failed, please try again later

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ztimer the youtube video you send to hawk01 (Windows 7) Work 100% You just need to follow ALL steps.
I already created one warz emulator for testes following the seteps of the guy in this video and work 100%
hawk01 but remember the source of the guy in video tutorial its not the same of the sources of this tutorial.

-------------------------------------------------------//---------------------------------
ztimer i have a question, all time when we put a update or something new for the src or bin we need to recompile all .slc ? (rsbuild,rsupdate,war_server,eclipsestudio,WZBackend-ASP) ?

Exemple: if i add something for the colorado map in Level editor
Or exemple if i add new medical sound idk i just want to now how i know what i need to recompile every patch i do.

- Thanks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@rollwow

I strongly advise to do rebuild on all after each modification. I do not know what files are been changed.

Actually depending on the modification you did you do not need to rebuild all.
For example: When you make a change to WZ\src\RSUpdate\....files Then you do not need to rebuild all.

Most cases you do need to rerun the RSbuild.exe. Just do it like described below.

Recreating .bin files
1. Delete all .bin files in directory WZ\bin\build\data
2. Open WZ\bin\RSBuild.exe and wait until the exe closes.
It might take up to 30 minutes. Depending on the hardware and disk type.
3. Open folder WZ\bin\build\updater\ and delete the file WarZlauncher.exe_1.0.0.exe
4. Open folder WZ\bin and delete the file WarZlauncher.exe_1.0.0.exe
5. Open WZ\bin\build\updater\CreateUpdater.bat
This will create WarZlauncher.exe_1.0.0.exe to WZ\bin\build\updater\
6. Copy WarZlauncher.exe_1.0.0.exe to WZ\bin replacing the old one
7. Copy WZ\bin\build\data\wz.xml to WZ\bin\build replacing the old one

Hit Like if this helps.!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when I create a query of several of these error
Msg 3701, Level 11, State 5, Line 5
Cannot drop the procedure 'dbo.WZ_SRV_SkillAddNew', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@hawk01

Yes. This is expected. Its also written in tutorial and is normal.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What ?
Eclipse Studio - 0 error(s), 311 warning(s)
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
zzz

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@hawk01

This is also expected. As long as there is no failed you are good to proceed.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
When i press Build solution in RSBuild it gaves me this:

1>------ Build started: Project: Eternity, Configuration: Release_Server Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>r3dPCH.cpp
1>c:\WZ\src\Eternity\include\r3dPCH.h(63) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unordered_map': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\WZ\src\Eternity\Release_Server\BuildLog.htm"
1>Eternity - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: RSBuild, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Compiling...
2>r3dPCH.cpp
2>c:\WZ\src\eternity\include\r3dPCH.h(63) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unordered_map': No such file or directory
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\WZ\src\RSBuild\Release\BuildLog.htm"
2>RSBuild - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have redownloaded src.rar and there isn't any "r3dPCH.h" file :/

Thank you for your work

Back