Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Setting up Infestation MMO server - RaGEZONE Community Edition!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When i press Build solution in RSBuild it gaves me this:

1>------ Build started: Project: Eternity, Configuration: Release_Server Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>r3dPCH.cpp
1>c:\WZ\src\Eternity\include\r3dPCH.h(63) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unordered_map': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\WZ\src\Eternity\Release_Server\BuildLog.htm"
1>Eternity - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: RSBuild, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Compiling...
2>r3dPCH.cpp
2>c:\WZ\src\eternity\include\r3dPCH.h(63) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unordered_map': No such file or directory
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\WZ\src\RSBuild\Release\BuildLog.htm"
2>RSBuild - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have redownloaded src.rar and there isn't any "r3dPCH.h" file :/

Thank you for your work
ikerxtu

Hmm. Did you try to do the updates in order. Meaning .. first build the solution whiteout the update1 and got the game working or did you skip the first build and decided to add all the updates and then did the build. It will not work this way.!!!

You have to do it all like in the tutorial .. Step by step.. Every step has its purpose. It will take time but in the end it will work. I promise.!!

PS. The tutorial is my work but the all the work on source should be credited to DNC

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@ikerxtu

Hmm. Did you try to do the updates in order. Meaning .. first build the solution whiteout the update1 and got the game working or did you skip the first build and decided to add all the updates and then did the build. It will not work this way.!!!

You have to do it all like in the tutorial .. Step by step.. Every step has its purpose. It will take time but in the end it will work. I promise.!!

PS. The tutorial is my work but the all the work on source should be credited to @DNC

Yes, I'm trying to build the solution in order, without the updates, and i have followed everything like in the tutorial.

Thank you too @DNC

Edit: I see that VS cannot open "unordered_map". Where should it be?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, I'm trying to build the solution in order, without the updates, and i have followed everything like in the tutorial.

Thank you too @DNC

Edit: I see that VS cannot open "unordered_map". Where should it be?
ikerxtu

I can only think of either you :
1. Had modified the VS to include directories by some other tutorial. (you need to undo all of this.!!)
2. Had extracted the files and folders somehow wrong.
3. Modified something in source that messed up something.
4. Bad luck.

I would suggest delete WZ and try again. And be careful to select the right Solution Configuration (Release / Final / Debug) before Building or Rebuilding.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@ikerxtu

I can only think of either you :
1. Had modified the VS to include directories by some other tutorial. (you need to undo all of this.!!)
2. Had extracted the files and folders somehow wrong.
3. Modified something in source that messed up something.
4. Bad luck.

I would suggest delete WZ and try again. And be careful to select the right Solution Configuration (Release / Final / Debug) before Building or Rebuilding.

Idk i will try again, thank you :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial!
I have now a server, it works for 127.0.0.1 but when i use my hamachi ip it doesnt work.

000006.456| current build version=1, updater data version=1191513369
000006.456| Building update list
000006.456| OpenFromWeb
000006.459| failed to get , http code 404
000006.459| FailUpdate: There was a problem downloading from CDN server
Check that you have a working internet connection and you are not behind a proxy or firewall.
000006.460| Exception! EResult=2
000006.460| CUpdater::Stop()

its my first server for friends and i dont see the error

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial!
I have now a server, it works for 127.0.0.1 but when i use my hamachi ip it doesnt work.

000006.456| OpenFromWeb
Check that you have a working internet connection and you are not behind a proxy or firewall.

lifelinefine

If you come to think of it then you will understand what is wrong here.
Lets say you are the updater application and want to get the n package. You know where it is but are you sure you can get to it?
Check from a browser that the is reachable from the client computer.!

I would rather go by forwarding the router ports to that PC. Change the ip in the files accordingly to the routers ip, rebuild all delete bin files. Do rsbuild and test if it works. It should work. Worked for me few weeks ago. I don't have the build any more i just tested if i get it working or not.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial!

000006.456| OpenFromWeb

I have used CastZ before trying to create my own server and had the same problem, i have fixed it with the last post info http://forum.ragezone.com/f792/downloading-cdn-server-929475/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have used CastZ before trying to create my own server and had the same problem, i have fixed it with the last post info http://forum.ragezone.com/f792/downloading-cdn-server-929475/

I saw the post. Well i feel that i just cant help you with this one. I have not used this hamachi and i do not know about it.
With all VPN-s if used behind a router then i'm not that sure it would work eater way. I'm really sorry but in your case i just have nothing for you.

Please open a new thread in the help section cause this does not belong here to be discussed.
I wish you all the best.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Actually I got two problems, first of all when I try to "release" or "debug", etc, I usually got an error message that goes like that:

"RSbuild triggered a breakpoint" or it asks for regsvr32.

Then after I ignored this errors, I made it everything like the tutorial says, and when I open the launcher, it only keep saying:

"Checking for new Updater".

And it doesn't go anywhere from here.

Trully sorry for my bad english, but I'm trying to do my best to communicate with you guys.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually I got two problems, first of all when I try to "release" or "debug", etc, I usually got an error message that goes like that:

"RSbuild triggered a breakpoint" or it asks for regsvr32.

Then after I ignored this errors, I made it everything like the tutorial says, and when I open the launcher, it only keep saying:

"Checking for new Updater".

And it doesn't go anywhere from here.

Trully sorry for my bad english, but I'm trying to do my best to communicate with you guys.

Ian Kamiya

I understand ...

It is normal to get errors but as long as there is no failed then you are good to go.
Usually people not speaking English make a mistake in setting up odbc .. ( use the secod tab)

If you have a VPS then send me a PM., Lets talk some more there after i have had a good sleep. !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when I open the game server supervisorserver open with giving this error.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
HI Ztimer can i host this warz server using noip under router ?
How to ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@hawk01

I can see from the log that there are two different IP-s involved. How and why is that all about. They should be the same.!

jngames

Well i suppose you could try using the domain address to replace the ip-s .
You should then forward ports TCP 80, TCP 443, UDP 1433, UDP 43000 to 430xx depending on how many rent servers to allow. to the local computer ip.
I will not help with that cause i have no time to set it up and try it out myself.. Hope it gives you some help

thelastkiss

I would try going trought the tutorial and double check the "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM - Express with Management Tools" part and see that all of it was done correctly. Reboot the server..!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
HI

in the SupervisorConfig.cpp file i see this

Code:
webAPIDomainBaseURL_ = r3dReadCFG_S(configFile, group, "webAPIDomainBaseURL", "/WarZ/api/");
Need to do it?
Code:
webAPIDomainBaseURL_ = r3dReadCFG_S(configFile, group, "webAPIDomainBaseURL", "/api/");
THK

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
HI

in the SupervisorConfig.cpp file i see this

Code:
webAPIDomainBaseURL_ = r3dReadCFG_S(configFile, group, "webAPIDomainBaseURL", "/WarZ/api/");
Need to do it?
Code:
webAPIDomainBaseURL_ = r3dReadCFG_S(configFile, group, "webAPIDomainBaseURL", "/api/");
THK

If you are using the source files provided from the links on this tutorial then please do not modify anything that is not written here.
All should work does not matter if you are using a router setup or noip or directly to the internet. The main problem with custom setups is that its quite hard for others to come to your rescue. I would leave all the code untouched and first get it running local only then use the ip change tutorial part to change all and rebuild all. Make sure you forward all the ports. And the noip is updating and you use the noip domain name address you got as the ip.
I have not done this but theoretically it should work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you are using the source files provided from the links on this tutorial then please do not modify anything that is not written here.
All should work does not matter if you are using a router setup or noip or directly to the internet. The main problem with custom setups is that its quite hard for others to come to your rescue. I would leave all the code untouched and first get it running local only then use the ip change tutorial part to change all and rebuild all. Make sure you forward all the ports. And the noip is updating and you use the noip domain name address you got as the ip.
I have not done this but theoretically it should work.

็็Thank you ztimer now it work for me

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I wanted to say first I love the detail of the breakdown of setting up the war Z server but I must ask and I apologize if you had already answered this question. But does your operating system have to be Windows Server 2008 R2. Can it be the other operating systems such was Windows 8 or 7?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wanted to say first I love the detail of the breakdown of setting up the war Z server but I must ask and I apologize if you had already answered this question. But does your operating system have to be Windows Server 2008 R2. Can it be the other operating systems such was Windows 8 or 7?

Yes. It can be set up on windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows server 2008 (any version), Windows server 2012 (any version).
The tutorial explains in detail witch packages and where to install and how click by click. On other OS versions the packages differ and that is why most will fail. The basics are the same.

For example :
1. The game requires Microsoft SQL server. If you can set it up on other OS then its supported.
2. The game requires IIS with PHP with microsoft sql module.. To let php make a connection to mssql. If you can set it up on other OS then its supported.
3. Firewall rules.
4. ODBC.

Basically if you think about it then you might even get it to work on windows 98. The difference is.. Are you sure you want to host from a work computer where you do all other stuff. You have like secret documents and so on??? I would not so I would not encourage others to do the same.! There is a reason why microsoft made a OS for servers and OS for end users.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when I open the game server supervisorserver open with giving this error.

I can see from the log that there are two different IP-s involved. How and why is that all about. They should be the same.!
ztime I changed all ips and always following the tutorial of this in every source to imagine WHAT I missing?

Back