Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Backpack Mesh

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am creating a new model of backpack and when extracting and by in game it stays this way:

WyhsK8P - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

Can someone help me?
I am creating a new model of backpack and when extracting and by in game it stays this way

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
☆Dying Dawn☆
Reaction score
make sure you rigg the backpack with the bones and export the wgt file correctly

Upvote 0
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
1st -> thats a model of backpack everyone has since thats the one from "The Last of Us" soo yea nice *insert "i made dis" meme here*

2nd -> wrong pivot placement nad rotation overall

3rd -> just as Bombillo said , you did not rigged a backpack and have no .WGT file soo thats your reward

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using 3ds max as I can do wgt because I'm exporting texture and .sco
You need to do the following to get your backpack working. If it is not attached to a bone there will be no wgt. Every engine does rigging slightly differently so i can see the confusion xD.

1. Select backpack and position it on the character, go to Hierarchy, then select "Affect Pivot Only" and set the values to zero .
xtqKkrS - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

2. Go to Modifier List in Modify, and select "Skin". You will see this, click "Add" and add the bones that the backpack will affect. For example i will select Spine 3 and Spine 2.
AiSc2V6 - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

3. Now you can see the backpack is attached to the biped.
Ac8jWXS - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

4. Now you need textures for the backpack, so go to Rendering (Top menu) -> Material Editor -> Compact Material Editor. Click an empty texture map and select the box right to Diffuse, find the texture, and drag it onto the backpack it is now textured. Make sure to name the texture here so the material file isn't called **_-_Default.
6E3QA0R - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

5. You can view the texture by going to Rendering (Top menu) -> Render
tH0PFUW - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

6. Export the bag with TSG utility manager and make a normal and specular map for the model, and apply it in the .mat file. You can also edit it in game with the Material Editor and change the Metalness, Spec, Spec Power, as well as the intensities, etc. Good luck with this, this mini tutorial also applies to body armor, helmets, gloves, etc. DONT forget to go to Physx Editor in studio and create physics for this!

If anybody wants a tutorial on how to add new body part ascessories (Scarfs, Gloves, Leg Armor, i will make a tutorial later :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This file has the WarZ skeleton in it, credits go to @The Owl

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had the same problem a while ago make sure you don't have .wgts files. You need to use .wgt files

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, you can extract the correct form, the model and the correct one, thank you very much

6V9Hl36 - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

7k9XWtt - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks, you can extract the correct form, the model and the correct one, thank you very much

Dude, I got this bug now!

ds1cazA - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

I fixed this model of backpack and fixed by the Bip01 Spine 2.

88H3GYt - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
mate, is that the same skeleton from pictures of yours? if yes then you given wrong skeleton
The one in the pictures is an example, i use the ROTB biped but i sent him the WarZ skeleton because in his sc i saw the WarZ rigged character.

6V9Hl36 - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

7k9XWtt - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

Dude, I got this bug now!

ds1cazA - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

I fixed this model of backpack and fixed by the Bip01 Spine 2.

88H3GYt - [HELP] Backpack Mesh - RaGEZONE Forums

Nice work! would be nice to see some new helmets or something :D

Attachments

Upvote 0
Back