Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Cut terrain Eclipse

Reaction score
Hello,
you have idee how to cut terrain in studio ? or in files ?

ZuRiUav - [Help] Cut terrain Eclipse - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
None that I've seen yet and terrain modeling is my strongest attribute thus far...the option would be nice though..better tunneling/cave systems could be created if it were possible.if you are only wanting a section of the map,I would export the heightmap cut out the area you want in photoshop then save as 16 bit grayscale,re-import that into a new terrain plane..

Upvote 0
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
None that I've seen yet and terrain modeling is my strongest attribute thus far...the option would be nice though..better tunneling/cave systems could be created if it were possible.if you are only wanting a section of the map,I would export the heightmap cut out the area you want in photoshop then save as 16 bit grayscale,re-import that into a new terrain plane..
sadly a tuneling is not really possible using only a map editor
ParaOZ norad tunels were a trick of lowering partion of the ground very very deeep and then placing models inside to have a feeling of "underground" areas
same thing was done all these 5-6 years ago in DeadZ with Area51 map - make a deep canals, place tunnels inside and cover them with airport landing strip

small trick for a future

Upvote 0
Reaction score
So i need Heightmap src colorado and modify in photoshop, Can you explain me in more detail?

New concept MazeZ

60KyS2o - [Help] Cut terrain Eclipse - RaGEZONE Forums

XkB8yO - [Help] Cut terrain Eclipse - RaGEZONE Forums

What color for put "nothing" for heightmap i try resize but not work

BrqNCRm - [Help] Cut terrain Eclipse - RaGEZONE Forums

HOe8Rhe - [Help] Cut terrain Eclipse - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
when you erase an area on a heightmap it is exported as white..white will be your highest points,black the lowest..you can't export with "nothing"..if you are wanting to create flat areas use black..also when you export the heightmap in studio make a note of the maps height scale and copy those numbers to the new map..
example:
Height Scale=5263.03
Height Offset=0
Also,when opening the heightmap in photoshop convert to 16 bit,not the defualt 8..

Upvote 0
Back