Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Questions With Server Optimizations

Reaction score
Hey guys!
So, I had a few questions. First one being, is there any basic specifications in terms of NETWORKING, for hosting a WarZ Server?

My internet speed is 230mb/s down, and 12mb/s upload, I know the upload speed is the most important in terms of hosting a server, but I was wondering if there was any basics for predicting how much is required per player. My hardware specifications are good enough (2x Xeon 2430 v2's 12 core, 24 threads, 48GB of ram)

And I was also wondering if anyone has any tricks on improving network optimization, to lower the amount of bandwidth needed per player.

Reaction score
In 2019-2020 i have hosted for +700 players in my House networking.

Windows 10 - 32gb
1000/500mb/s

only a problem I had, it was a very high expense to buy generator, backup machines for firewall protection, UPS and internet that I paid dearly. I ended up shutting down the project due to lack of time, but you can do it at home.
I had serious DDoS problems, it took me a while to learn about it later.

Use "GlassWire" for filter your networking. / or do a 2x machine server for pfSense, Endian Firewall, some project for filter your networking traffic etc.

You have a very good machine server, Use Proxmox or VMWare for do all it. (I has used HyperV).

Do not use your same NETWORKING for CDN (Launcher, Bins, Site) and for 'Dedicated Home Office', do a private lan for your codes and public lan for players.

Buy a FTP server only for BINS (LOL, is less of 20$).
Buy host for site, more protect because database.

If you have acces on your internet Fiber Router. make DMZ for your security server and start it.

If Upload is problem, use proxt reverse. nginx maybe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back