Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] SuperJump, Update question?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm new in WarZ Developments so sorry if it's dumb question

I did this one http://forum.ragezone.com/f791/tutorial-super-jump-dev-1113558/ but it doesn't works
I have Untouched SRC
The updated code looks like this:
WarZ.sln
Code:
if(gUserProfile.ProfileData.isDevAccount && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsLeftAlt))
accelaration *= 5.0f;//SuperJump            
if(InputMappingMngr>isPressed(r3dInputMappingMngr::KS_JUMP)&&gUserProfile.ProfileData.isDevAccount)
{
pl->JumpVelocity  = 17;
}
I had built entire solution and did RSBuild.exe without any errors. What am I doing wrong ?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
pl->JumpVelocity = 17; // is the default jump velocity but even that to make a superjump for devs you don't need this! There is an easier way!
// thats an example!
if (gClientLogic().localPlayer_ && gUserProfile.ProfileData.isDevAccount && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsV))
pl->JumpVelocity += 1; //

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pl->JumpVelocity = 17; // is the default jump velocity but even that to make a superjump for devs you don't need this! There is an easier way!
// thats an example!
if (gClientLogic().localPlayer_ && gUserProfile.ProfileData.isDevAccount && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsV))
pl->JumpVelocity += 1; //

Can I put it anywhere?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, this is really strange

it works in Studio, but it doesn't works on server
Code:
//#ifndef FINAL_BUILD
if(gUserProfile.ProfileData.isDevAccount && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsLeftAlt) || g_bEditMode && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsLeftAlt)) //devspeed
accelaration *= 10.0f;
//#endif            
//SuperJump
if (gUserProfile.ProfileData.isDevAccount && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsV) || g_bEditMode && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsV))
pl->JumpVelocity += 1;
However I'm DEV
ReactionMangust - [Help] SuperJump, Update question? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
... you have to build the final client aswell and to update :sneaky2: + You have to remove:
#ifndef FINAL_BUILD

before, but I already tell you don't do this, its good that it works for studio only because in the final build cheaters can easily abuse that!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To build the final client, I should do "Build Solution", yes ?

And to update it, I need to RSBuild.exe ? Am I right?

#ifndef FINAL_BUILD was already commented (//#ifndef FINAL_BUILD)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You dont need RsBuild for test
When I need RSBuild ?

SuperJump, SuperSpeed doesn't works!
1. I added this code
Code:
if(gUserProfile.ProfileData.isDevAccount && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsLeftAlt) || g_bEditMode && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsLeftAlt)) //devspeed
accelaration *= 10.0f;
if (gUserProfile.ProfileData.isDevAccount && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsV) || g_bEditMode && Keyboard->IsPressed(kbsV))
pl->JumpVelocity += 1;
2. I rebuilt it without any errors

3. I connected to server with DEV account(126)
Why it doesn't works? I really don't understand it. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I forgot something?

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Okay so that's it, I advise you to use the studio to test, it will save you time. You need compile 'RELEASE' and put your login in local.ini

Like that
iK0thTz - [Help] SuperJump, Update question? - RaGEZONE Forums

Run Studio.exe and click "Game(DevServer)"

zPwubhj - [Help] SuperJump, Update question? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for responding! So I need to use RSBuild when I have tested my updates and want players to get this updates through their launcher? Am I right?
And I can usually play through the studio?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Thank you for responding! So I need to use RSBuild when I have tested my updates and want players to get this update? Am I right?
And I can usually play through the studio?

Yes it is exactly that! You must make an rsbuild if you modify the client (Itemdb, texture ...) and force an update for the players who use the launcher :)
And yes you can play from your studio with other players

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Tips:
You have Vps or dedicated ? dont put your source game in the server(vps) , compile your client(release) in your computer , test in your computer with studio , you update is good, compile your clien (final), copy past your WarZ.exe in the server(vps) and run rsbuild in the serveur(vps) and force update ( Makesur the ip have changed)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tips:
You have Vps or dedicated ? dont put your source game in the server(vps) , compile your client(release) in your computer , test in your computer with studio , you update is good, compile your clien (final), copy past your WarZ.exe in the server(vps) and run rsbuild in the serveur(vps) and force update ( Makesur the ip have changed)

No, I haven't but I plan to buy it. Wait, how RSBuild will works on VPS if source of the game not on VPS?

Thanks for tips!

Upvote 0
Back