Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] Can I host WarZ server at my house?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I was trying to save some money and not pay for a dedicated server or VPS so I was curious could I host and open the ports and everything so I can host a warz server on my computer at home?
My computer is very good and can handle it, however, is it possible to do that or is there something that requires it so I cannot host it at home?
Please reply with as much detail you can give me! Thank you!

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could. I'm doing the same thing but you need to consider:

1. WarZ / ISS is illegal. If hammerpoint wants, they can sue you
2. Your Internet connection (In server farms - ~1gbit connection)
3. It costs you effectively more money. Because of the power, a high-end server draws huge amounts..
4. It costs you effectively more money. You'll need to buy that server first
5. I wouldn't use a PC for it. Why? It draws more power than a server and is not optimized for a 24/7 business, it could be possible that your PC breaks after 10-20 days because of overheating or similiar

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could rent a VPS for about $35-$45 thats perfect for running an emulator.

Yeah thats exactly what I am doing currently however I cannot afford $40 out of my pocket each month. That's why I was wondering, but I guess thats the only "good" way to do it :/

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yeah, but you are prone to DDOS and numerous other attacks.

I would buy a simple VPN.

Upvote 0
Back