Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Which IP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for this dumb question but i just checked all of the tutorials and my question is which files i need to change the IP? And especially which Ip i need to fill in for Public Server? The 192.168.x.x one or my Public IP?

Thanks for your answers !

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, noooooooo. use the search... :glare:
Open (supervisorserver.sln)
copy IP.
replace this ip for your IP in:
Rbuild, Rsupdate,WarZ_server,WarZ, WZBackend (.sln)
Rsupdate.xml.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats the tutorial which i followed. But i use the Survivalz II Source and i dont know which files are edited by the creator and which not. And i really dont know which IP i need to use (my Public or my Local 192.168.x.xx) the thing is i want to play with my friend on the server but with my local ip he cant connect i guess. Thanks for your reply

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are using a dedicated server, so IP is static, thats good. If you are using any pc with a dynamic IP (new IP after 24h) that would be a small problem. Than you have to recompile and change the ip everyday or you just the host file of windows.

For dedicated Servers: fire up your command prompt and type in: "ipconfig" without the "". There you will find you public ip. (but you should know it allready..). Open up your WarZ Client sln and search for "g_api_ip". Copy the IP to clipboard and replace in the whole solution that one with yours. Build it. Now do the same with your Servers and API.

For dynamic ips: Do the same as for dedicated servers but use as IP something like: "warz.server". Compile it. Open up your Hosts File and add a new entry for "warz.server" pointing to "127.0.0.1" or your ip given from the network.

For hamachi: Just use the Hamachi IP as IP.

I hope I got all.

Upvote 0
Back