Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Map [Development] Lingor Island

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there,

Im working on a map called Lingor island, it's a Arma 2 map which i loved to play and im really into mapping. So my idea was to recreate the map for Infestation / War Z.

This is the first island to be finished ( many more to come for sure ), i am looking for 3D Artists to help me create some new objects that fit into the map for example

• New Tree types
  • New Buldings
  • New Military stuff
  • New Bridges

and some more to make the map more "new" and just give it a better feeling

my ideas right now i have for the map are

1. Swamps
Swamps will be an area that are randomly placed on the map which will have a lot of work put into them any maybe make some of them really full of zombies or loot

2. Terrain Landscapes

Im going to create amazing looking landscapes like Hills,swamps, Mountains,valleys,
which will all have alot of work put into them to make them as realistic as possible
can't think of many more now, so im asking you guys do you have any ideas for me or suggestions that you would like to see in the map ? Please let me know.

! Please give suggestion,feedback and ideas !

Video's
This is a preview expect many things to change!

Last edited:
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
a tropical based map, nice idea, really rare to be seen... well there were some small pvp maps but this one seems to be having a nice size.

i suggest you to upload some kind of generated minimap for a quicker quide instead of watching whole video ;>

yes i know there is a "monent" of showing whole potential landscape at the end of video, but sitll a 2048x2048 or even 4096x4096 generated minimap could be nice to see here :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i suggest you to upload some kind of generated minimap for a quicker quide instead of watching whole video ;>
wTKqMYk - [Development] Lingor Island - RaGEZONE Forums

They boulth have the exact same creation size. I dont have any names or specific areas that are set already so pretty much the map right now is kinda empty. I might create an airport at the bottom of the map, hope i could give you what you wanted :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
A full community made map of a size of colorado - or a bit bigger or a bit smaller - is a still a huge step... even when this community is like.. 99% dead... there are always some people who can prove they can make amazing stuff.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A full community made map of a size of colorado - or a bit bigger or a bit smaller - is a still a huge step... even when this community is like.. 99% dead... there are always some people who can prove they can make amazing stuff.

Your comment is a huge honor to me <3

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
Your comment is a huge honor to me <3

just beeing honest

in past all we had what? almost nothing just some kiddos showing up and leaving

kinda sad warz is dead, thanks to newz and everyone who gave up on a ragezone, leaving it to all the kids.

I myself was also forced to kinda back off, tho i am still working from time to time one personal projects just for fun.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update #1

Today i would like to update you guys on my progress with the map.

The Red
circled area is what i finished today. As always feedback is welcome.

Im also looking for a bunch of Names for City's, Farms, outbacks. Please submit some if you have good ideas
MrPancake - [Development] Lingor Island - RaGEZONE Forums

MrPancake - [Development] Lingor Island - RaGEZONE Forums

I hope you will be able to give me some feedback as i feel not really satisfied with this island.

Tell me what you would like to see next :)

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
i think people should put some effort into a grass ( i mean that overall but i get that after watching the video ) cuz it is reatrded that you use a flashlight on the ground / grass and you dont even light it up xd

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes,it's nice to see someone at least attempting to do something on their own and something different..Good job MrPancake..

C

Cinx

Whats the point in developing this? Honestly curious, looks cool but why?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I personal do not care about how many people care about this or how many are still in this community.
Im Really intrested in general Game design and i was constantly looking for something to work with i tested Ureal engine, cry engine, unity and other engines but i never found any that would fit the things i was looking for, i was building map's since Vision released the first source and for me War Z/Infestation is in my Heart, and i kinda stuck to it and i wanted to improve my map design and watched videos from Dice level designers, World of Warcraft level designer and CoD level designer. After i collected enought knowlege i finally wanted to bring my knowlege to a map. I know that probably nobody will ever play this map or enjoy it but if just one person tells me that they like my work or give suggestions or tell me they would really like to see more, im happy thats all i ever wanted to hear. Im doing it for me and this community that is still here ive been in the shadows from ragezone since 2013 and i finally wanted to show what ive learned in all this years. Ragezone tought me Codeing and Level desing better then ive could ever dream about. Im thankful for everything and im trying to express my love for this community. this is my point on this.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Dude if u need help with Models or something like this Feel Free to add me in Steam Skype What ever : ) just pm me if ur Interested and ill try to help out as much as i can skype : Onlyxsword but dont expect fast work i have like 2 H every week to help / Model

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For 1,because he can,and wants to..for another its a good way to learn...Let the guy be creative,which is more than I can say about alot of these greedy kids on here..

Back