Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Map [Development] redoing Colorado (some)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I have been working on optimizing Colorado and adding new things first i'v removed the useless fences and made a little military outpost @ airport :

08d72a8542cfd9ee1a8626aa6a15e324 - [Development] redoing Colorado (some) - RaGEZONE Forums
​(forgot to add watch towers in the back)

i'll post updates as i go on

(ik im no expert mapper just smth different lul)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Because it's been done a million times over and no one really cares..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey BreadStick
take your time. A very good remake of colorado needs time. There is always space for improvements. Keep it up and don't forget to have fun while working on your project.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
amen

new map is something people really want

but no body puts time and effort into that

lazy af i guess
A new map of the same size as colo would take weeks if its a solo project though. Just not worth the time - its not necessarily because people are lazy

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It would take months.

I can definitely vouch for this. It took our ex-mapper roughly 2 months to create a detailed map 1/4th the size of Colorado. Given, he did decorate every house and building with interior and exterior, which took a lot of time.

Creating a map the same size of Colorado will simply take too long. I guess the only way this would be effective on a live server, is if it would be released in parts.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ive put a decent amount of hours into mapping for a variety of games, and while I agree with it taking months - what I said earlier was ment as a day in day out timeframe.
A highly detailed map like Lars is talking about would obviously take ages, but creating a set of presets and being less thorough would bring it closer to 'weeks/a month'.
Obviously detail would have to be patched in segments for it to be close to profitable.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
A new map of the same size as colo would take weeks if its a solo project though. Just not worth the time - its not necessarily because people are lazy
i am working on a map the size is a little bit smaller then colorado.
and yes i work alone on it.

Back