Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Map Western Island - Upcoming Map

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,

here is a quick preview about our map "Western Island"
it will be available as default map on our upcoming emulator "Reborn - Will you survive?"

its not finished yet but here you have a small video that you see what you can expect if you will play on our servers.

Western Island is smaller then Colorado v2 and will be playable for 30-40 people on one server.
there are many different cities and villages.

- The map will be darker in the night.
- More Fog in the morning and in the night.
- More rar weapon spawns
- added scary sounds from WarZ alpha
- grass from shattered skies

i would love to read your opinion about my map.
if you have suggestions let me know aswell :)

Last edited:
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
Soo a medium sized map with alot of potential

I fikin APROVE that :D.

Tho i got some things to ask.

1. On the video we can clearly see that you are not using Colorado presets ( <3 ) but still i noticed, that you are using some kind of Caliwood presets ( mostly city of san pavel presets - :< ) -> are these just a place holder or you really want to leave the stuff that people already know in a map that in my opinion will work better if you put 100% of your love into it

2. on a tab you mentioned alot of fog at the morning and nights beeing darker, will you put later some kind of GIFS or short videos showing these effects, as i would love to see how foggy is the fog, and how dark is the night :)

But yea, i look forward that :D

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The lighting in my opinion is just awful, it looks like the default lighting when you make a map map, try changing Volumetric Fog color, and sky texture as a start. The props and objects are not bad, but more focus on the map's LOD (Level Of Detail) it will turn out great. I believe in constructive criticism, even when OP is a scammer, and a leechbag with a game that's got 0 players.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers,

The City (San Pavel) is the only City who is just copied. All other Cities and Villages are custom and selfmade.
Airport, Mountain Base, 2 Military Bases , 5 Villages and 1 City. Thats why it is still in developement. There is alot of work to do.

Ofc i will post a new video of Western Island when i think i can share new things to see. The Fog in the Morning and in the night i can show later in a video too.

Yes the lighting is not the best ^^ i didnt spend time on that for now. i want to make the map and after that the lighting.
and srsly i am a newbie in lighting things^^ So in need to test and find out what is the best how it works correctly and yes.

Thats my first map and i think for that its really good :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
some nature pictures from western island

68b08bf98ae52132a762ae36aa59bcab - Western Island - Upcoming Map - RaGEZONE Forums

6ae3cf68500279c832da69724aa9225f - Western Island - Upcoming Map - RaGEZONE Forums

bbb8b693c49d641457d5041bec639694 - Western Island - Upcoming Map - RaGEZONE Forums

61871b8c02e55f39eefd4edb49e28d49 - Western Island - Upcoming Map - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Harro
Reaction score
Looks pretty good its nice to see more people doing custom levels to replace colorado / cali one idea you could do if you're server is a more realistic scary survival (rather then deathmatch), you could add in city lights that turn on and off i did this with a level i was working on awhile back, its very easy to do.

Back