Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Days after Dead | Tournament Servers | Bandit System | Colorado V1 | Alpha Engine

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Downloading it ! :junglejane:

Edit:

Launcher says.. acc. creation failed. Please Try again later :stickyman:

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Downloading it ! :junglejane:

Edit:

Launcher says.. acc. creation failed. Please Try again later :stickyman:

Hi, I just created an account without any problems. Is your firewall or anti-virus blocking the connection to daysafterdead.com?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So after testing your emu I noticed a few things and since your player base (at least it was like that yesterday) is basically 1 (me) I want to help you get more players. Your emu has potential, many people want the alpha feeling back. I think you need to fix a lot of things like:
-your servers. Zombies are lagging around like shi*
-add the ability to fist and to swim
-fix inventory and tab: I don't want to stop running to see who's on the server. Same goes for the inventory. Changing backpacks and removing things from your inventory (ingame) should be simplified. Clicking on "Change backpack" should automatically change your backpack, drag and dropping things out of the inventory should actually drop them.
-"fix" gun sounds (Kruger mini has pistol sound I guess?)
-show gun stats in inventory
-update your map (roof of 5-story in Campos should be enterable,..)
-fix server browser, double clicking on server should make you connect. Also fix Favorites and Last
-maybe add vehicles?
-make all these alpha non-enterable buildings enterable like white house, garage,...
-nobody needs "new guns" like the red bat or this strange pistol with 50 bullets
-fix bugs like zombies glitching onto cars or flashlight turning on when picking up items.
As you can see even though most people want the alpha feeling back they don't want to play the ugly buggy alpha. Fix all these things and advertise your emu more and your player base will increase (I hope).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So after testing your emu I noticed a few things and since your player base (at least it was like that yesterday) is basically 1 (me) I want to help you get more players. Your emu has potential, many people want the alpha feeling back. I think you need to fix a lot of things like:
-fix inventory and tab: I don't want to stop running to see who's on the server. Same goes for the inventory. Changing backpacks and removing things from your inventory (ingame) should be simplified. Clicking on "Change backpack" should automatically change your backpack, drag and dropping things out of the inventory should actually drop them.
-fix server browser, double clicking on server should make you connect. Also fix Favorites and Last
-maybe add vehicles?
-make all these alpha non-enterable buildings enterable like white house, garage,...
-nobody needs "new guns" like the red bat or this strange pistol with 50 bullets
-fix bugs like zombies glitching onto cars or flashlight turning on when picking up items.
As you can see even though most people want the alpha feeling back they don't want to play the ugly buggy alpha. Fix all these things and advertise your emu more and your player base will increase (I hope).

You basiclly want New Z xD go play new z

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You basiclly want New Z xD go play new z
Nope. Believe me I played it and I hate it. If I wanted to play Deathmatch I'd go and play CoD or sth else. But I want the feeling of actually caring whether I die or not becaue I have some good stuff on me. NewZ definitely has it's advantages like ez hud controls, swimming,.... . But it is a PVP emu. PVE isn't fun cuz the loot is way to good, PVP isn't fun cuz you basically lose nothing when you die. Skins and placeable cars are making this emu even more casual, I don't like that. What I want is the game back when its name got changed to ISS. WarZ / ISS was perfect around that time. Normal loot (1 sniper in 10-20 airport runs), normal weapon behavior (no stupid sniper recoil, high damage), no skills, V1, swimming, fisting and a working server browser. That's what I want. And to make things perfect you could also add ~3 cars to the map and make hud even more easier like it is in NewZ.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope. Believe me I played it and I hate it. If I wanted to play Deathmatch I'd go and play CoD or sth else. But I want the feeling of actually caring whether I die or not becaue I have some good stuff on me. NewZ definitely has it's advantages like ez hud controls, swimming,.... . But it is a PVP emu. PVE isn't fun cuz the loot is way to good, PVP isn't fun cuz you basically lose nothing when you die. Skins and placeable cars are making this emu even more casual, I don't like that. What I want is the game back when its name got changed to ISS. WarZ / ISS was perfect around that time. Normal loot (1 sniper in 10-20 airport runs), normal weapon behavior (no stupid sniper recoil, high damage), no skills, V1, swimming, fisting and a working server browser. That's what I want. And to make things perfect you could also add ~3 cars to the map and make hud even more easier like it is in NewZ.

Not sure if you have seen, but this emu actually had players playing it. It was like a month ago, but poeple stopped playing due to lack of updates. Lars (owner) has to deal with his irl stuff fist. As he said:
There will be patches again starting the week of January 9th.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure if you have seen, but this emu actually had players playing it. It was like a month ago, but poeple stopped playing due to lack of updates. Lars (owner) has to deal with his irl stuff fist. As he said:
Aight I didn't see that thanks for the info. But why did all the players stop playing it? Even though it still needs a lot of polishing, this is currently the best (alpha) emu out there..
Hopefully he will fix the things I mentioned before. I will definitely keep track of this project :)

Btw Lars if you need help I could help you mapping, I have 800 hours of experience in Source SDK and around 50 in Eclipse :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how is fixing all the bugs and unfinished work making it like newZ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I feel so bad man, Lars and I go back and to see him continue his work for this community is something a lot of people don't take credit for. He's a heart for the community if you wanna know this owner. He's consistent when working on these projects but he has real life situations that need to be addressed first before focusing just like all of us. Lars knows what he's doing. Trust me :cool:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Aight I didn't see that thanks for the info. But why did all the players stop playing it? Even though it still needs a lot of polishing, this is currently the best (alpha) emu out there..
Hopefully he will fix the things I mentioned before. I will definitely keep track of this project :)

Btw Lars if you need help I could help you mapping, I have 800 hours of experience in Source SDK and around 50 in Eclipse :)

I think most players stopped because there was a lack of updates. I could only find small periods of time where I was able to work on stuff, and it was very irregular so I decided not to push out any updates at all until I am ready to start working on them properly again, which is tomorrow. I hope we still have your interest.

-maybe add vehicles?

The lagging zombies might have to do with your geographical location, what country are you currently located in?
Swimming is going to be added this week, and punching is a planned feature as well.
The inventory and tab thing is not something I need to fix, as it is not a bug. This was a thing added in most emulators for convenience. Could you please elaborate on "drag and dropping things out of the inventory should actually drop them."? Thanks.

Some gun sounds are temporary as I am working on something, I can't really say much more about this but it will be fixed eventually. I am not sure if I am able to display gun stats in the inventory, as this requires flash editing and unfortunately the flash files for the Alpha version of War Z were never released.

I am not calling Days after Dead an alpha emulator, but some of the things that need to be "updated" according to you were never actually there. Before Colorado V2, you were not able to access the roof of the 5-story. I would recommend you to create a poll on the forums for this and see if more people want the roof accessible.

What exactly is wrong with the server browser? The double clicking often makes players join a server by accident; favourites and recent server seems to be working for me. Vehicles are not a planned feature. The non-enter-able buildings will be accessible in a future patch. The new items and weapons will stay in to add more variety to the game. They don't cause any damage to gameplay.

The zombies glitching onto objects such as cars or barricades is something I have looked into before, and want to fix. The flashlight turning back on will eventually be fixed as well, but it is not high priority.

Thank you for all your feedback. Please let me know if you have any other questions or uncertainty.

I feel so bad man, Lars and I go back and to see him continue his work for this community is something a lot of people don't take credit for. He's a heart for the community if you wanna know this owner. He's consistent when working on these projects but he has real life situations that need to be addressed first before focusing just like all of us. Lars knows what he's doing. Trust me :cool:

Thank you for the kind words, Tony!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
400 GC Giveaway ? thats a joke right ? RIGHT ? Dude your game is litterly dead and you too greedy to give atleast 2000GC?
Giving away 2000 GC would be useless. With 400 GC, you could buy cosmetics, clan slots or character skins; but not all of them. We want the winner to have a choice on what they should pick. This has absolutely nothing to do with being greedy. Who do you think has been paying for the servers? Not donations, you can only buy ranks via the website since two days ago.

Sad to see such a comment coming from an owner of another emulator. I wish you the best of luck with yours, Nico.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Giving away 2000 GC would be useless. With 400 GC, you could buy cosmetics, clan slots or character skins; but not all of them. We want the winner to have a choice on what they should pick. This has absolutely nothing to do with being greedy. Who do you think has been paying for the servers? Not donations, you can only buy ranks via the website since two days ago.

Sad to see such a comment coming from an owner of another emulator. I wish you the best of luck with yours, Nico.

Dosent really make sense to me, how will a giveaway help you pay your servers ? and my server is like $25 and can hold 500+ players, and 25 bucks isnt really that much

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Dosent really make sense to me, how will a giveaway help you pay your servers ? and my server is like $25 and can hold 500+ players, and 25 bucks isnt really that much

The giveaway is not there to help pay for my server, I never implied that and I don't know why you would think that. What about the domain name, SSL-license and server management? I replied to your comment of calling me greedy, even though I've been paying for the services out of my own pocket since the beginning.

Money means something different for everybody. Although $25 might not be much for you, it is for somebody else.

If there is anything else you'd like to criticise me on, please do so through private messages or at least provide some actual criticism.

Back