Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[ISS] [PVP/PVE] Decimation MMO - New ISS Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Edit/Update

Hey guys, Warren here.
I thought it was about time you all got the update on what is going on with Decimation MMO, as no official word has been started yet.

What we plan to do, is re-launch an emulator with a combination of the Decimation client and the old Doom MMO (that we all loved) for the best Colorado V1 emulator, as we are aware of the communities thirst for this!

Our original plan with Decimation was to start it off on V2 Colorado with Terrain V3, all that updated stuff, and then work our way 'backwards' for a more alpha experience, and break away from the copy-paste society we currently seem to live in (so people say)

Admittedly, we were not able to do this, and we tried to get Colorado V1 working (to a certain high standard (I know some emulators have it working but not to the standard we were wishing for)) so with that bombshell, we will be doing as stated above and re-launching under Doom MMO again, stronger than ever.

Connor and I both sincerely apologize for the way things have run their course on Decimation, but I have been as honest as I possibly can with you all, and I hope that you can respect that. We didn't want to announce the return of Doom MMO until we were certain we could get it to work once again.

Thanks for all of your patience (you will need a little more while we finish setting up, no ETA yet) and see you all soon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Servers are offline

Worrun - [ISS] [PVP/PVE] Decimation MMO - New ISS Emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Invision Power Board

What is this?

Greetings everybody
I would personally like to welcome everyone to the official Ragezone release thread for a new ISS Emulator; Decimation MMO!

What are your plans?

We hope to capture the feeling of Infestation, while at the same time providing a legitimate gaming environment along with many updates and fixes to enhance the experience even further, we know what you want, and will provide you guys with regular development polls to help us make game-changing decisions for the fullest experience possible in Decimation MMO.

Who's developing this?

Right now we have a small, close-knitted team, and we hope to keep it at that for as long as we need, but do not worry, this will not hinder development times, we're professionals.

Currently the team consists of:

- Worrun (Advertisement/Community Manager/Admin/Council)
- Connor (Coder/Developer/Admin)
- Slaying (Mapper/Moderator)
- Lewis (GFX/Mapper/Moderator)
- Justin (Moderator)
- Kaspar (Moderator)

Okay, what have you done so far?

We have met almost all of our goals within the first week of opening up publicly. I will list our wished features and possible features below, indicated with green as completed and red as incomplete.

Global GI Access - Access your GI anywhere, upon logging out
Private Servers - Rent and password your own private server
Premium & Premium Servers - Premium for GC, with access to boosted loot servers
Geared Zombies - Geared Zombies that drop worn items upon death
Tweaked Marketplace & Skill tree - Cheaper marketplace/skilltree and controlled economy
Rare Snipers - Currently only Mauser and Blaser spawn, with low spawn rates
Grass Disabled - For better FPS

What about the population, and servers?

We currently run a single Colorado server & a Premium Colorado server, along with a few private servers already purchased by players, and a West Oaks PVP map in the works (release scheduled for today, after testing)
At peak times our population rises to 50 - 90, we haven't hit the big 100 just yet, but we're only 4 days old and haven't been open on a weekend yet, so fingers crossed!

Server Specifications?

RAM: 64GB
Processor Speed: Intel[R] Xeon[R] CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
Connection: 500mb up/down
Hosting Location: Canada
Name of Host: OVH

You've talked the talk, can you walk the walk? Screenshots!

My pleasure. Following are some screenshots & videos that will help you decide if Decimation MMO is the right game for you, or if you just need that extra push to give it a go.

Screenshots:

Here is our completely custom launcher, created from scratch by our GFX team:

Here is a typical loading screen, also provided by our GFX team:

Custom front-end and inventory backgrounds:

Look Ma' no grass:

Server population at the time of writing this thread:

A typical loot run in any town:

Videos:

The initial trailer, by yours truly:

My first PVP montage:

Sounds great! Can I get some links?

Sure! I'm glad you're interested in our community, following are some handy links:
- Website/Forums: Invision Power Board
- Download thread - http://decimationmmo.com/index.php?/topic/58-game-download/
- Register account - Register your game account on the launcher and your forum account on the website

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Worrun, i thought you will make emu with COlorado V1, not this crappy V2.. :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Registrations over the past week, for anyone interested (forums only, in-game accounts not included)

914f4399c5fb97133aa8739e926641bf - [ISS] [PVP/PVE] Decimation MMO - New ISS Emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Worrun, i thought you will make emu with COlorado V1, not this crappy V2.. :(

That was the original plan, and always my preference, but it's just taking too many steps backwards in means of development. We'd have to spend weeks fixing and remaking every feature because the older version of the engine sucks

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know man, but theres sooo many emus with V2. If you could make an emu with Colorado V1 it would be the most playable emu out there. Remember Doom MMO times? Wasnt it the best emu? It was. People dont really want to play on this V2 because they are bored of this.
Anyway, you cant change it now.. If you will ever make another emu make this V1 please ;)
All the best.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, but is this emulator going to stay or close down after a month like we have seen in the past? Just a question, not trying to offend anyone.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
That was the original plan, and always my preference, but it's just taking too many steps backwards in means of development. We'd have to spend weeks fixing and remaking every feature because the older version of the engine sucks

It's not like the engine has been improved much since the original source code release in 2012. I am running an Alpha emulator on the original released source, with extras added myself, and Colorado V1 is running perfect.

Anyways good luck with (your?) emulator! Watch out with Connor, not meant in an offending way.

Also, you don't need to remove grass to get higher FPS. Just check the vertices and poly count (maybe the texture, although that shouldn't be the problem). Cut the texture by half and save it as DXT5 with interpolated alpha with mipmaps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And yeah removing grass doesnt increase your fps much btw. It's max like 5 FPS for low end PCs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think it was just a fair warning to all the players of Decimationmmo. In my opinion it's not even off topic when we have seen this 4 times before.

And yeah removing grass doesnt increase your fps much btw. It's max like 5 FPS for low end PCs.

Hows the owner of the old Zmmo btw trickey? do you mind if i ask? i heared he had cancer :(

Anyways worrun is on the team and we all nkow worrun and he wouldnt allow that ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hows the owner of the old Zmmo btw trickey? do you mind if i ask? i heared he had cancer :(

Anyways worrun is on the team and we all nkow worrun and he wouldnt allow that ;)

He's doing just fine! He's going back to University a little bit again ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please make your own maps for this emulator because making a "group" or "prefab" with the studio and just setting it down and adding stuff is not really being a mapper, its simply called copy and pasting.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please make your own maps for this emulator because making a "group" or "prefab" with the studio and just setting it down and adding stuff is not really being a mapper, its simply called copy and pasting.
thats not the point, we could make our own maps but players want to play on west oaks only.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well, we have Colorado and we have just added West Oaks. Why West Oaks? Because I love it, everyone on the team loves it and a ton of the PVP community love it too! It's non-camper friendly, it isn't build for snipers OR AR's, it is just an all-around great map.

Not sure what your point of this post is, but you should come and take a look at some of the things we've done to Colorado, I think you'd be impressed :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, we have Colorado and we have just added West Oaks. Why West Oaks? Because I love it, everyone on the team loves it and a ton of the PVP community love it too! It's non-camper friendly, it isn't build for snipers OR AR's, it is just an all-around great map.

Not sure what your point of this post is, but you should come and take a look at some of the things we've done to Colorado, I think you'd be impressed :)

might as well go play z-mmo then. Not trying to bash the game but whats the point of me downloading and play most of these emulators if nothings gonna be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back