Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys, who have decrypted DAT UER ?? Can u share it?(my english is baaad :blush:) I have equipment info (glifs, armor, weapon etc), but i havent info about skills, NPS etc. Ohh, i forget add link on dat, this

Last edited:
Reaction score
sry i would help you but i havent done any encriyption thingy... it was there i used it only -.-

but seems nobody wants to share how he did it...
seems we have to read and do it ourself

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it is very bad, problem of emu Tera is private. Share is solution, but nobody wants to share their achievements

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Although I'm not a coder/programmer, i did some help with @Angelis86 project (removed duplicated spawns and added some items). I do not think problem lies with that work is private - especially work with encryption/decryption/cracking/etc. Problem exists when no one want to share that work. For example - @evestu shared some work here. As far i remember before he edited this post, the links were public - I have no idea why did he removed them, it doesn't matter for me. Later he posted this. Great - he is still working. I hope he doesn't stop it and eventually publish his work or at least give it to emulators main developers. After some time I asked him via Private message if he is going to share his work because i was working on the items for Angelis emulator - unfortunately he never replied :(

I do not have any problem with this - a good response for me would be "Sorry, I'll not share it now/this year/never" or something like that. After all, it was his work and his decision.

I do not want to attack anyone, as I said in beginning - I am not a coder/programmer. I can't even speak/write good English and I'm sure that many of you will have problem understanding what I meant.

Another problem is that there is no good approach, in my opinion, in how the emulator(s) should work.

Right now there are 2 kinds of emulators that I know of: C# and Java. Both of them are not fully done but one is almost like working with newest(?) game version (looking at you, Angelis). The thing is - there are older version available for download, so why not work at first on them? Make everything (or most things) work and then update to newer (possibly newest) version. Emulators creators don't need to have it updated constantly. Java emulator did have (maybe still have) also a big problem in my opinion - after some commits fixing or adding one thing or another - some things broke. Sometimes it was most of the things. How it is possible? Again - I am not attacking anyone.

I do not know how C# development worked, I hope you, or someone, still do some updates to publish them later.

Here is another thing - why C#? Why Java? As far I know C# can't be compiled/used on Linux. And linux is the main server platform. On other hand, I know Java for being unstable and having seriously problems with memory. I do not know it if is true. Although Java can be used on Linux, I don't think it is used that often as server applications. Unfortunately the single other open-source project that I know of is Open Tibia at it's fork - The Forgotten Server. As you can guess from first name - they are emulators for Tibia. It is completely different game (and much older). They are written in popular C++, that works just fine on all major platforms (Mac, Linux, Windows). The unique thing about Tibia is that, everything except graphics is server side. Items, maps, what effect triggers when, etc. It means, that server is much more complicated in my opinion - they needed to create custom format for map, and they did it. The broke game protocol, recreated it with their own server and right now Open Tibia has over 18.000 players online with Tibia having over 22.000.

For some time the best version of The Forgotten Server was in private, closed, repository. There were 3 mayor version back then - 0.2 (stable, more of direct); 0.3 (new features, many missing from original game) and 0.4 (fork of 0.3, with closer stability of 0.2). The last one was on private repository. The were some packed and published single revision of it, but they were not welcomed that much in community - most of it honoured work of developers and paid for access and support.

This was going on for few years, until at the end of last year august, main developer of 0.2 said 'no' and removed private repository - 0.4 could be published by anyone without any problem. Why? Because that was decision of main developer - drop 0.2, 0.3 (it was already dropped in favour of 0.4), 0.4 completely and instead work of new version - open sourced 1.0. Result? Right now 1.0 is still not finished, but really close (close enough to be on sort of feature-lock). It is more stable than 0.2, it has more features than 0.3 and 0.4. Is have no memory issues (0.4? could need 200% after few hours of running). Right now there are two bounties - 100$ and 145$ - for two major still missing features in it. One of it is available on main developer server. So why it is not in official repository? Because it is not a good way to add this feature. On another hand - it is his work, and he already is probably one of most important persons for Open Tibia and he is like that for few years.
He has done enough, so almost no one complain about it. Most understand his position - he will not share his solution but he will accept any other that will meet the source code standards.

I mean - Open Tibia started bad. On older version, still available somewhere, it was possible to move walls into water (client was saying it is moving something else, and server did not check). Even older versions used .otx format that was pure .xml - old 180 .otx map is somewhere around 32mb in their custom format. TFS 1.0 allows now to have hundreds of players on VPS.

Even more - there are multiple different projects around open tibia - server in python, custom client in c++ and lua (with some work it would even work with official servers!), map editors (one discontinued and close sourced, one stalled? and open sourced, one in-dev/stalled open sourced, that uses Custom client(!) i wrote above).

But Tibia is completely different game - in Tera, and probably in most of other mmorgps, most things are client sided. Texts, items values, maps, etc. You most probably can't even change any name - item, npc, place, class. Nothing. In Tibia you can change everything.

Somewhere before I wrote that, in my opinion, that there is no good approach. What would be good in my opinion?

• use older client that we have both opcodes and datacenter content publicly known - there is no point in trying using newer version if we do not have a way to get these two thing
  • work in language that has good support, many resources and works on different platforms - client works only in windows, but server must run on Linux - You can get cheap VPS for much less than 10$, but only with Linux. But it gives you test server, with any libraries you need.
  • check what need to be hardcoded and what don't. There is no point in having things in source code if they can be written in more open format like xml or json. Or if they can get scripted (not a case with tera, most probably).
  • be open - if you know how to extract decrypted datacenter - share it. If you know how to get opcodes - share it. If you created a tool - share it.

On very beginning I said that I'm not a coder, programmer or developer. Truth is - i know PHP. But I will not write a mmo server in PHP ;) I also know opinion of PHP but please, keep that to yourselves :)
I also know some Lua - thanks to Open Tibia and Factorio Mods. But that doesn't have value in this case.

On the very end - I really would like to start own work, on C++ server. But I don't know it. And I do not have enough will to learn it. But in any case - I'm always open to help anyone or work on something.

PS. If anyone felt hurt/attacked or anything like that - I'm sorry. It was not my point.
PS 2. I'm sorry for my poor english :(

#edit .
I have forgot to mention something - Uebari has public repository with sort of one of first datacenter parser probably -

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back