Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TL.exe hacking one more try...

Reaction score
wow.. very nice
i understan...d cause of this i send 2 times serverlist then it was enough time to reply...

but i was stuck at the last process... it wasnt starting the game...
hmm..
and yes it would be nice if you could upload it ...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sure, tomorrow I'll clean up the code a bit and upload the solution.
On a side note, if you get a endpopup message the whole starting TERA algorythm from TL.exe stops, even if it asks for gamestr on second sls sent.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay. I am finished, My launcher now works and TERA.exe starts and logs in correctly, i can then play the game on official servers.

Congratz :)

I am surprised, I don't understand why TERA-launcher.exe sends "http://sls.service.enmasse.com:8080/servers/list.en" to TL.exe
TL.exe does not open internet connection it doesn't need this url.

TERA-Launcher is a Publisher-specific Launcher (BHS give them very small API to operate) It keep user web session id and provide data for real launcher
TL.exe as a "real" launcher "asks" publisher launcher for server list address and user account info from publisher.

The protocol for launchers looks like:

KTERA TL.exe <~8 commands> TERA.exe
NA/EU TeraLauncher <~3 commands> TL.exe <~8 commands> TERA.exe

gameEvent(xxx) are just various notifications ( game start/end/crash ) forwarded and can be ignored

The only requirenments to emulate launcher (and work with TERA.exe directly) are valid WindowClass/WindowTitle and launch TERA.exe as subprocess.
From protocol: implement handshake between CustomTL and TERA, token request and server list request. (they use profobuf inside)
I could also make custom PublisherLauncher but working directly with TERA.exe much better.

To fully analyze "what is happening" in between them I used easyhook and patched SendMessageA/PostMessageA + added WndProc proxy (via GWL_WNDPROC) to all processes from injected to them dll.
Also DebugView output of launcher is very useful :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
github :

you need a valid ticket if you intend for TERA.exe to fully login.

To fully analyze "what is happening" in between them I used easyhook and patched SendMessageA/PostMessageA + added WndProc proxy (via GWL_WNDPROC) to all processes from injected to them dll.
Also DebugView output of launcher is very useful :)
Cool tools

Last edited:
Reaction score
whoa...
wtf...

i dont know what the problem was.. with my C# Version
but it dont wanted to work after the slsurl^^

i go it now to work...
but im stuck now at endpop(274) too..
as far as i know 274 is Ini Error...???

could it be that the gamestring is wrong in some way...?

PS:
Okay poop...
I got it...
Dont know where the mistake now was ^^ but from one second to the next it works...
Game is Starting...
yeahhh....^^

Last edited:
Reaction score
*lol*
after we got the WM poop done to start the EU/NA ^^
i started before to try running the RUS Client with the EU/NA TL.exe file.. but run into some endpopup(6) and other endpopups^^
i thinks its some gamestring problem only...
so i thaught ok lets capture the RU launcher file with spy++ ^^
but i forgot i worked before on the RUS launcher files and edited the launcher.ini to localhost...
so i thaught okay.. lets delete the file, maybe the launcher will create a new one...
and what happened..
*lol*

[/IMG]

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back