Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Tera on java last client rev

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is a shame to hear! Have your project since the beginning of tracked unfortunately I like Aion more!

Nevertheless, I want to thank you for your great work and maybe you do indeed still on. Would otherwise be too bad about what you've done so far everything!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i was trying to help a little. u anounced the packet samurai thing so i am still waiting for u to upload it. but still svn rev 61 and no changes after 3 weeks.

maybe make a list of stuff u want help with and a list of the current state of the project. also what dev is currently working on what part, yourself included. as easier it is to help as more ppl will be willing to do something.

overall i feel like your not managing the project really. i was watching what u do using svn so i dont do the same thing too. but u stopped uploading to svn so i have no clue what u r doing. the project seems very young too. you r chainging quite much in terms of the design. once that is more stable it will be easier to help, as i dont have to rewrite stuff to work with your changes. also it takes some time to get to know the code.

how to get into direct contact with you? how do u want to communicate with other devs?

also a guide of what u expect from ppl in terms of behaviour. how to provide patches. what tools formats to use that you already made. (like that packet samurai)

if u do a little every week at least ppl will see activity and eventually they feel like its worth helping out. because their effort will not go to waste on a short lived project. thats at least how i feel and why i held back a little. making a stable version will probably take more than a year. also tera is free to play so there is less of an interest for ppl to have this working.

- the very basics need to be done currently. like combat working so ppl can at least do some pvp. this includes at least some of the beginner skills.
- leveling with looting mobs correctly and inventory working is probably the next one. so grinders can have some fun.
- party/guild/... working for those who r not lone wolfs.
- and so on...

basically the different systems need to work. collecting the data for all the different skills/quests etc can be done later. if a little of everything works it is usually easier for others to fix that than to completely build it from scratch.

i am working as a java software developer weekdays so i dont have huge amounts of time. also i am not very familiar with tera. only played one character to lv40 and got bored. so there is much to learn/discover for me.

if u have given up on the project or moved to closed source, please say it now so i can stop checking forums and move on.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

Just to tell you that my first post was posted in march 2014. Since this date until today, some people sent me pm to tell me they are ready to help. I said ok, we need to work on this or that.
When i tell people what to work on, i didn't get any response from em.

You said i need to do some work on this project. Just check my commits, i try to work as fast as possible. I do this on my free time after my job. I think i've done all i can on this.
(BTW group/attacking was working before they change opcodes)

You said how to contact me ? Just send me pm that's a good start (some people are now in my skype). Then we will see what we can do.

You said i didn't a rework on design. That's right i always wanted to do it this way. This project was a "test" for me using some technologies. Some times i make bad choices. So i wanted to change this out.

Like i said in the previous post : i will not do update anymore on this. People wanted from me to release the source code. I did it. I just wanted to fix some design things and make it working with last rev. That is what i did, expecting more support and not support question in my mailbox like now ...

If in the future i want to continue this project i will not share it sorry. But actually i am working on something else.

Hope i answered all your question.

Angelis.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Someone would have an idea?
Unable to start the client by clicking play ... (no error)
While on the other computer, it works.

I did some testing and I feel that the source code is specific to the computer.

I really need help because after 2 weeks, found nothing ...
I compile in Eclipse

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I come in the news.
I changed the libs, I installed JAVA again, I installed windows 7 again. But still the same problem: When starting the game, the process (TL, etc ..) starts but then closes.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, I re download TERA client and it still does not work.
By researching the archives, we find the same problem with the "Play" button in the launcher TERA

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does anyone still have this source code by chance? im looking to use it in order to update the tera-shock source for latest client. Just need to inspect the opcode structure for login, character select, and player enter

Back