Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Tera Live Packet Sniffer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

Have you guys also noticed that while the output packets show up instantly in the packetViewer.exe, the input packets do not, they instead are queued and will only show up with a significant delay, basicly if i want to see current input packets I have to do an action which will make the client receive many packets such as open inventory this way the new input packets push the older ones and they finally show up on the tool.

I tried this on 2 different computers and both got this problem, any fix, maybe a parameter I am missing ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wich Version are you using? The newest on Github? I tested there a bit around with different packet queues for a better performance, but as far as I remember there were some problems in the end on high sc traffic. The loop processing the server is running well endless (backlog + new packets) and the cs packets are queued. Guess I must limit server processing, or speed it up. Or use the old approach to directly try to process after the sniffer received it + the new queue. Gonna take a look again tommorow.

Oh and the listbox is a performance killer too. The ui is mostly the slowest part of the whole process, as a advice I would turn on capture to listbox only if it's needed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am using an already compiled version which i got in june directly from your download link.
I am not sure processor use is the problem, i use highest i7 processor on both comp and the usage is barely 13% (which is incredibly high for an application but yet perfectly managable for the computer).
I will try with newer versions of the tool and let you know what i get, i'll also try with capture turned off, thx for the advice.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A newly complied version is available here btw ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, took the Viewer from that list, Now received Packets show up instantly, that makes things a lot easier (had to build up contracts using wireshark + viewer to get the order right :$:).
However, each time i logged in the decryption broke after roughly 30 sec and it was on Killian (did 3 attempts).
I am not sure yet why this happened, will check it out more in-depth tomorrow (had 1 sniffed Killian connection and 3 NA MT ones not sniffed, used not to cause any interference in the past).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guess the main problem is still the raw tcp parsing code. Each retransmission, out of packet etc will kill the decryption process. Think I need to switch to the code from Gothos.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Attached latest opcode.txt for UE packet sniffing.

Credits to Goneup

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
One question is posible, make one dll for god mode for example for tera ? With this info ?. I need learn more .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not really. There is nothing like a god Mode in tera.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One question is posible, make one dll for god mode for example for tera ? With this info ?. I need learn more .

Not possible, TERA is server sided and with a game with almost everything controlled by the server you cannot do anything.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GoneUp
i using the newest sniffer in my case i using na version and gameserver is TempleReach
and i dont see any packet accepted i choose my correct device any idea?

Did it work with the old one? Is it specific to the new version?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure you first select server and then select device.

If you select device before server you do not see any packet

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The server ip is still correct?
The protocol should be still the same. Otherwise all the dps meters and things would also not work. On with region are you testing? Na?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I can tell you MT ip was the same as usual 2 days ago.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I finally updated the sniffing code to use the more robust one from gothos. Also I cleaned and updated the GUI of the sniffer.

Download it here:

Looking forward to your feedback

Back