Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Tera shock Port To Na Latest

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The new Update by NA has changed a lot in the server this will need rewriting and at this moment i do not have the time.

if i do get some free time ill try to update to the new start island etc. but it is when i can....

cheers evestu

Reaction score
Users who needed TERA Client 34.07 can get it from Gameforge at this
Direct Link to GameForge Installer -

How to get Client:
- download TERA_GameforgeLiveSetup.exe from Gameforge's download page or directly from this post (UK version)
- execute TERA_GameforgeLiveSetup.exe, but rememebr for installation U needed 68Gb of free disk space, after installing TERA Client takes ~38Gb
- before installing TERA Client choose preffer language\region, default UK
- download launcher from THIS post
- extract archive content into Client's folder in folder with folders \Binaries \ S1Data \ Engine
- correct TeraStarter.cmd like writes in post of download launcher
- correct serverlist-file and put it to URL what U writes in -serverlist parameter, remember some launcher errors is: 6 - incorrect language betwin -serverlist and client; 273 - check command line for all needed parameters;
- before start launcher TeraStarter.cmd check access to serverlist-file
So it's redy to play

Reaction score
So i compare & merge My datapack & datapack of TERA NA, differents is:
- .\data\npcs - made folders with name of zones & ready to place NPC in correct subzones
- .\data\quests - made folders with name of zones & reorganize quests with i't realizations & types, like in TERA Shok(17.32) client & create
the summary table of quests realization & quests NPCs & quests items.

U can Take Datapack at link

Or U can take TERA NA GS at Link ver 34.07 build023 needed JDK7

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
thank you TieLay i can use GameForge Client already.

but in NA (En Masses) client it's still errorpopup ( 10 )

i have use GameForge client ver.34.07.05-hf1-ls2 to login with TERA NA GS ver 34.07 build023, but i can't get in character select screen.
may be packet is not correct right ?

evestu - [Release] Tera shock Port To Na Latest - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems like the client opcodes are not the same than the NA client. Maybe changing opcodes in server it could work.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It seems like the client opcodes are not the same than the NA client. Maybe changing opcodes in server it could work.

thank you, i try to fix opcode from gameforge and add new data such as weapons and armor for 2 new class Reaper and Gunner.

[URL="
evestu - [Release] Tera shock Port To Na Latest - RaGEZONE Forums

anyway someone have new latest datapack? cause i just simple parse from teradatabase.net for weapons, there are not full info of itemtemplate xml for this emulator

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well if i do the data centre it will only be for Na server not Eu as i based the emu Port to Na because it has better items.

if you go the Eu direction you will need to get the data centre info yourself as i dont use Eu.

i will update the links on first page when i have completed it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well if i do the data centre it will only be for Na server not Eu as i based the emu Port to Na because it has better items.

if you go the Eu direction you will need to get the data centre info yourself as i dont use Eu.

i will update the links on first page when i have completed it.

ok, thank you.

I using EU client because i can't use TeraStarter from TieLay start NA client up, only work with GameForge Client, then i have to use Tera-EU.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First Post Updated.....

NA 3603 Datacenter and Opcodes Released....

Please share as i do or this will go dead and that would be a shame......

Ty evestu :cool:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will made and share a tool to parse the datacenter into tera shock xmls(at least for items and quest) Maybe the next weekend I begin to work. Right now im very busy with my major.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will made and share a tool to parse the datacenter into tera shock xmls(at least for items and quest) Maybe the next weekend I begin to work. Right now im very busy with my major.

if you could that would help thanks. also get the latest releases of the Datacenter and opcodes for the latest NA Client From First Post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

If you would, could you share the source for said tool as well? I've added gunners and reapers to the core (Doing it properly requires editing a whole lot of files, lol.), but the server can't actually use them without the updated xml templates. I'd bang out a conversion tool myself, but if you've already got a solid base, why re-invent the wheel? There are other things I would rather be working on, like instances.

Creating the instance system from scratch is going to suck, but the server already -sort of- knows how to handle it, because even though the game is open world it's actually chunked into semi-instances. Although, in the real servers, the dungeons actually run on a whole separate box... <_< >_>. I think I should be able to create it pretty quickly. But, there's no sense in doing that when everything else needs to be fixed first. Like... skills and attacking. If I had more time, I would do the whole shebang myself, but I have a new baby and my programming time is limited.:coffee:

I have a better time programming core logic than shepherding xmls around by hand. If I could complete your tool, or at least add functionality that would allow for easy conversion of all the data that is needed, it would be trivial to not only make a complete server, but to keep it current with the official server. Of course, I would share. ^_^

Anyways, I want to see this thing finished. If there's some kind of unofficial official development group, I want in.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
haha yeah, you're right. There is no problem with the tool source. I will share it as soon I have something working. For now it works to npc but still I have to work in spawns, skills and all the other stuff. Also I dont know very well what should i do with vehicles npc...they have their own definition and structure... For now I will parse it the same way as other npcs. When we define what to do with them I will fix the tool.
We need to join and planify a little the work because there are guys working on the same. I think we should join and share any advance we make.
Gamester3334 do you entered to any instance? A time ago I was trying to do that with 1725 client but i never could make it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, I never did get into any instances. Basically, the server doesn't know what to do. As I said, on the real servers, the instances are actually on a whole different computer. It's an entire engine that does not exist in shock. Think quests, npcs, mobs, stats, loot tables, bosses, etc. What needs to be done is a new, separate "world instance" has to be created for each player that is in a dungeon. at least, that's the way I see it. They need to be created on entry, and destroyed when reset. Additionally, players in a party all get transported to the instance of the party leader; not their own. If all you wanted to do was get into BoL or something, you could define the worldspace and add a teleportal to it. However, that would not be enough because there would only be one copy of it. (Imagine 50 people in a 5-man dungeon... Lot's of wtfs all around.) For true instancing to work, each player has to have their own personal copy of the dungeon that is separate from everyone else's. That's the hard part.

Basically the core stuff, that's absolutely nothing compared to what it's gonna take to rejigger all the freaking data. Programmatically is gonna be the only way to do it. I mean, dear god... 42mb xml. Fortunately most of the work is already done core-wise. Getting mobs, skills, items, spawns to work; those things are basically complete in the engine. Just add the data and go. Adding more features should be minimal work. As I said, I properly added gunner and reaper class to my copy of TeraNA-master off szdberra's GitHub. This is embarrassing, but I actually don't know how to use git... I've always handled my own versioning.

As I said, it should not take too much time to get everything working; and I do mean everything. This really does not seem that complicated in the grand scheme of things. That's a good thing I think as it seems like we're all pressed for time. What I want is a complete server. I want every last feature. Now here's an idea. Instead of using "Tera-shock" XML... Why don't we just re-write the damn parser to accept native "Tera" xml? Honestly that seems like less work than converting the crap.

We have the real, actual data that the official servers use, and the opcodes. That's all we need. Hell, I could add a parser for the opcode listing and we could just rip every data dependency out of the core and stuff THAT into a little xml. Need to update your opcodes? Copy and freaking paste. We could overhaul the core to be more powerful and feature-rich. Then, any features, constructs, extra crap we wanna support or add can just be added to the core. Need to add a feature? Drop in the official xml and download a new core revision. done.

Who's with me?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have the point. I was thinking about change the server parser... It would be the same that I'm doing with the tool. The tera instance works like in WoW. Every player have its own separated dimension for each instance. This maybe could be a little complicated to do because is the same map for everyone but we need to make a different space for every player/group. Right now i'm thinking about it and it could not be so hard to do...just we need to send the correct packets to the correct players at the correct moment. Adding some conditions to PlayerMove, NPC and Drops packets may help a lot. Now I dont have plenty of time to work on this project. I'm really busy with my major and it's **** tests... :( But I'll try to get some free time to work on this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You know what? I think I'll get started now. I'm gonna dig into it a little bit and see exactly how much work it's gonna be. This seems like the only way to truly move forward. I'm gonna have to brush up on my java. (Honestly I've never done a real project in java before), but it's similar enough to C++ that I should be able to get some serious work done. I think what I'm gonna do is get the tools up and running on my dev rig, spin up another server-vm, and have a look at dem sweet, sweet opcodes and xmls. If I start from the opcodes and xml, and make sure every little packet is accounted for in the core, I should be able to assimilate every feature in double time. I'll have to craft some sql scripts for things that need to be in the database, or modify tables that are already in but incomplete. The thing is, working this way doesn't lend itself well to collaboration. I'll certainly find a way to share everything though. ^_^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@evestu was working with opcodes and stuff like that. I dont know how far he get on this. I really want to help you but right now i dont have time. If you get any results on your work put it somewhere and I will make some updates/fixes to your source. I can also help with specifics things if you get stuck.
Thanks for join us on developing. We really need dedicated people who feel tera in their veins haha xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Gamester3334

im working on 4 projects at the moment but if anything you need or some info on anything i may
know just ask.

ill try to reply as soon as i can.

im not a great java fan myself but Terashock was far in advance than the others even though my c# version that i got running had gunner,reaper in it but it lacked the framework needed.

But tbh the data side in the java server is a pain in the rear because there is alot to change and the condition tables are not in the xml's they are in the VM side of the client that i failed to retrieve...

so the pointers to things like passive,abnormal that the items,weapon,gear,stones use are in the passive tables and the item link ids are there as well but there is no condition table to point what id is for what condition vice a versa hence the headache.

But like i said i will try to help if i can but it will be more txt support than hands on.

cheers evestu..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A quick question... What do you mean exactly by "VM" side of the client? I assume when you say condition table you mean the mapping of an item (Like... a potion) with the effect that potion has (Like restoring 104 hp)?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The client is packed with Themida / winlicense and the important tables are in the virtual machine (VM) of the client.

Lets say weapon : bow has 50% chance to restore helth as a static bonus on the weapon this value is in the passive xml and the link id to that value is in the item xml > passive id.

But the 50% part is another passive id that is the condition id that links the two, this table is in the VM stored in the client and is not in the xmls

That is why i did not manage to update the data for the server and run out of time to try to retrieve it.

There is other ways but that will mean mapping every condition from the passive table and rewrite the server side for the data changes.

And thats only for item data there is alot more as well that will need changes thats why i hoped Tera Shock dev's would have released the data tools as well so we had a base to start with for the data side.

Back