Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tera Up to date EMU Server Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for sharing..
As i see its build for .Net 4.5 which means it can be compiled only with VS 2012.. which can run only on Windows 7/8.. My question is can anyone guys rebuild/compile this for .Net 4 so it can run on non-Windows7/8 machine like WindowsXP.. there is alot of users that still use XP including me which will be very grateful too.. Thanks in advance!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for sharing..
As i see its build for .Net 4.5 which means it can be compiled only with VS 2012.. which can run only on Windows 7/8.. My question is can anyone guys rebuild/compile this for .Net 4 so it can run on non-Windows7/8 machine like WindowsXP.. there is alot of users that still use XP including me which will be very grateful too.. Thanks in advance!
why would you run a server on windows xp its ment to be ran on windows 2008 r2 etc run the server on a server...
Windows XP is poop and anyone on it could be hacked and would run slow if u tryed to run a server on it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I again ask if someone can put a tutorial to compile the server, please. greetings.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
why would you run a server on windows xp its ment to be ran on windows 2008 r2 etc run the server on a server...
Windows XP is poop and anyone on it could be hacked and would run slow if u tryed to run a server on it.

I never said that i will make external server or so... just wanted to play around with it on my local machine which is XP and maybe play with some friends. Can you rebuild it for me so i can test it please?

p.s jorge1978 look at the quoted message from Versacebg @ 1 page..

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the server is working!, but now as I connect with the client? someone I helped. Sin título - Tera Up to date EMU Server Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
as I do now to connect to the server? I have to modify some of the TERA-Launcher?.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone knows how to create an account to register with the server and modify the TERA-Launcher?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Interesting, i want to start working with this.
Maybe i can adjust the source code to use a database for the account information.
I didn't succeed yet in making the client connect to the emulator, it doesn't show anything in the emulator window, but still my client says incorrect username and password, so i think its not connecting to the emulator but to the official server.
I changed the hosts file, downloaded 2 complete clients, can't get it working sadly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ Janose: Thanks for the info...

@ ashlay: Im not sure that this is what you are looking for, but this is the tera_launcher from on-tera client (not OnTeraLauncher)

View attachment 128488

in OnTeraLauncher.exe need to change the IP to 127.0.0.1

@ skyvolk: How did you save the changes when IDA Pro cant save changes directly to the exes? I googled around for some work arounds but saving as dif and then patching the exe with programs like IDAPatch didnt work..pe_sections with pe_write also didnt worked cause results "The HEADER section is not the first section"... or you used Ollydbg?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks ashlay.. im not familiar with all those packs/unpacks but however ive already unpacked it.. but do i need to point some ips from this original launcher too? About OnTeraLauncher it isnt UPX packet but any suggest why pe_write cant save it? Or how did you save ur modified exes?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@ skyvolk: How did you save the changes when IDA Pro cant save changes directly to the exes? I googled around for some work arounds but saving as dif and then patching the exe with programs like IDAPatch didnt work..pe_sections with pe_write also didnt worked cause results "The HEADER section is not the first section"... or you used Ollydbg?

The ip address is a unicode string, so u can just find it with a hex editor and change it.
But basically all that launcher does is change the hosts file, and then run the TERA-Launcher with as parameter: runas
Its easy to decompile since its a .NET program

PHP:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Drawing;
using System.IO;
using System.Net;
using System.Security.Principal;
using System.Threading;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace OnTeraLauncher
{
  internal class OnTeraLauncher
  {
    protected static string IpAddress;
    protected static List<string> Hosts;
    protected static NotifyIcon NotifyIcon;

static OnTeraLauncher()
    {
      OnTeraLauncher.IpAddress = "159.253.18.161";
      List<string> list = new List<string>();
      list.Add("account.tera-europe.com");
      list.Add("download.frogster-online.com");
      OnTeraLauncher.Hosts = list;
    }

public OnTeraLauncher()
    {
      base.\u002Ector();
    }

[STAThread]
    private static void Main()
    {
      Application.EnableVisualStyles();
      Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);
      WindowsIdentity current = WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent();
      if (current == null)
      {
        int num1 = (int) MessageBox.Show((IWin32Window) null, "Unknown error.\nНеизвестная ошибка.", (string) null, MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Hand);
      }
      else if (!new WindowsPrincipal(current).IsInRole(WindowsBuiltInRole.Administrator))
      {
        ProcessStartInfo processStartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();
        processStartInfo.Verb = "runas";
        processStartInfo.FileName = Application.ExecutablePath;
        ProcessStartInfo startInfo = processStartInfo;
        try
        {
          Process.Start(startInfo);
        }
        catch
        {
          int num2 = (int) MessageBox.Show((IWin32Window) null, "Access denied! Run by Administrator...\nДоступ запрещен! Запустите от Администратора...", (string) null, MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Hand);
        }
      }
      else
      {
        Icon associatedIcon = Icon.ExtractAssociatedIcon(Application.ExecutablePath);
        NotifyIcon notifyIcon = new NotifyIcon((IContainer) new Container());
        notifyIcon.Text = "OnTeraLauncher";
        notifyIcon.Icon = associatedIcon;
        notifyIcon.Visible = true;
        using (OnTeraLauncher.NotifyIcon = notifyIcon)
        {
          if (!OnTeraLauncher.SetHosts())
          {
            Thread.Sleep(2500);
          }
          else
          {
            Thread.Sleep(1000);
            if (!OnTeraLauncher.Check())
            {
              Thread.Sleep(2500);
            }
            else
            {
              Thread.Sleep(1000);
              if (OnTeraLauncher.RunOffLauncher())
                return;
              Thread.Sleep(2500);
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }

protected static bool SetHosts()
    {
      OnTeraLauncher.NotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(250, "OnTeraLauncher", "Rewrite hosts...", ToolTipIcon.Info);
      string path = Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.System), "drivers/etc/hosts");
      List<string> list = new List<string>((IEnumerable<string>) OnTeraLauncher.Hosts);
      try
      {
        string[] strArray = System.IO.File.Exists(path) ? System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(path) : new string[0];
        using (StreamWriter streamWriter = new StreamWriter(path))
        {
          foreach (string str1 in strArray)
          {
            bool flag = false;
            foreach (string str2 in list)
            {
              if (str1.IndexOf(str2) != -1)
              {
                streamWriter.WriteLine("{0}\t{1}", (object) OnTeraLauncher.IpAddress, (object) str2);
                list.Remove(str2);
                flag = true;
                break;
              }
            }
            if (!flag)
              streamWriter.WriteLine(str1);
          }
          foreach (string str in list)
            streamWriter.WriteLine("{0}\t{1}", (object) OnTeraLauncher.IpAddress, (object) str);
        }
      }
      catch
      {
        OnTeraLauncher.NotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(500, "OnTeraLauncher", "Can't rewrite hosts...", ToolTipIcon.Error);
        return false;
      }
      return true;
    }

protected static bool Check()
    {
      OnTeraLauncher.NotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(250, "OnTeraLauncher", "Check the connection...", ToolTipIcon.Info);
      try
      {
        IPAddress ipAddress = IPAddress.Parse(OnTeraLauncher.IpAddress);
        foreach (string hostNameOrAddress in OnTeraLauncher.Hosts)
        {
          if (Array.IndexOf<IPAddress>(Dns.GetHostAddresses(hostNameOrAddress), ipAddress) == -1)
          {
            OnTeraLauncher.NotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(500, "Invalid rewrite finded!", "Try shutdown antivirus.", ToolTipIcon.Error);
            return false;
          }
        }
      }
      catch
      {
        OnTeraLauncher.NotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(500, "OnTeraLauncher", "Check failed...", ToolTipIcon.Error);
        return false;
      }
      return true;
    }

protected static bool RunOffLauncher()
    {
      OnTeraLauncher.NotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(250, "OnTeraLauncher", "Run launcher...", ToolTipIcon.Info);
      ProcessStartInfo processStartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();
      processStartInfo.Verb = "runas";
      processStartInfo.FileName = Path.Combine(Application.StartupPath, "TERA-Launcher.exe");
      ProcessStartInfo startInfo = processStartInfo;
      try
      {
        Process.Start(startInfo);
      }
      catch
      {
        OnTeraLauncher.NotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(500, "OnTeraLauncher", "Can't start TERA-Launcher.exe", ToolTipIcon.Error);
        return false;
      }
      return true;
    }
  }
}

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
someone could put a TERA-Launcher and modified with the ip 127.0.0.1, mediafire, thanks.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Selling SVN server Tera Online + working SVN laucher! Accepted proposals on Skype -admin.original
P.S. enter the game accessible to all players!
View attachment 128841View attachment 128842View attachment 128843
gtfo
here is a laucher that connects to localhost

make a shortcut and have it set like this

J:\TERATEST\TERA_SHOCK\TERA-Launcher.exe 1 3f713c8832442409908b28c3ea3ad6a1 0 1 test en

"3f713c8832442409908b28c3ea3ad6a1" is the md5 password and test is the username

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back