Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tera Emulator v1xxx

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Narod, nu kak stoit kachatь iLi Net.Rabochie li tut questi.I chto tit v celom realizovano?
This is an prerelease version, it has bugs. As i get close to the final release i start getting bugs resolved and preformace increases.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's the system requirement for running both server and the game?

System Requirements:
- Rent or Buy (Expensive) a Dedicated Server (widely known as a VPS) where you can host multiple connections to the server (Massively Multiplayer features, etc, etc.) and can have multiple instances of the Game Server running (Multiple Game Servers [e.g. World#1, World#2...], etc, etc.)

Locally Hosted Server: As the Game Server requires always some resources the requirements for running a Locally Hosted Server are not always defined, this is, you can only see if you can hold Hosting a server locally on your PC just by testing. Also not mentioning that this should remain only to testing purposes and not to be taken to an online hosting fashion like with a Dedicated Server.

PC System Requirements:
• OS: Windows XP (32 bit only), Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (latest service pack)
• CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or Intel Core2 Duo E6750 2.66G
• RAM: 2 GB or greater
• GPU: AMD Radeon HD 3870 or Geforce 8800GT
• HDD: 50 GB of hard drive space (25 GB to download, 25 GB to unpack)
• DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
• Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Drive
• Internet

<On-Topic>

Also not to mention that your sources are outdated from v1036, while you only updated the release to: v1040?
I could just make the XML Parser myself but since you done it already for v1040 and you are not using .BIN files anymore it will be extremelly helpful that you could also give us the update to the source. :D :thumbup1:

<Edit>

Thanks for the Update! Really appreciated! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys! Need help with this pacekt!!!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I gess the first int16 in the packet should be an id... Maybe the id of the player in the world... I really really cant tell but I think it could be something like that.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys! Need help with this pacekt!!!!

Here we go, something is something! :D :thumbup1:

Those unknown values can be really hard to spot and decipher by themselves, they could just be bytes padding for the packet itself or some other stuff, haven't really got any data apart from the one we have analyzed already!

Just download Hexinator at:
(x32)
(x64)

download the grammar file for the packet:

1. install Hexinator
2. install the grammar file for the packet in Hexinator
3. copy an 'S_SEND_VIP_SYSTEM_INFO' Packet from any TeraLog file (or if you're live sniffing just take the packet straight out of the Packet Sniffer)
4. make a new .txt file, rename it from .txt to .packet
5. open it up with a Hex Editor and paste the packet in the bytes area
6. open it up with Hexinator
7. load the grammar file and viola! :D

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, rly nice! I will trying that, Thanks! ??????

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, rly nice! I will trying that, Thanks! ������

Yup np, glad I can help :) I also have the suspicious feeling that the values that always change (unk-A and unk-B) are just the timers for the daily rewards and perks, for example, the unk-A value is always changing since I have the suspicious that, it is the timer for refreshing the rewards store, and unk-B only changes if you're in-game sice it's the timer for the dungeon available? (Button at the left of the rewards store), but yet again, if the "timer" for the rewards store refresh is always changing, why the "timer" of the dungeon only changes while you're in-game? Maybe because it is that itself? Because its only a timer for a dungeo and does necessarily has to change everytime therefore the timer is only active when you're in-game? Of course it is only a supposition because i havent really deciphered them just yet, ipi thought they were maybe a format of TimeDate datatype converted to milliseconds but that didnt worked xD

*Update*

Just to confirm, unk-D officially is: 'hasRewardDungeon' bool value, just came back from testing some stuff, and I had the dungeon on cooldown yesterday cuz I had went in, and that value was 0, and now when I checked, I had the reward dungeon instance available and the byte was on "01" yay! :D

Now I'm just gonna keep breaking my head over those unk-A and unk-B values XD i still don't know what they are!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow, amazing work, i'm gonna tackle it to.

Confirmed :D the two mysterious values are definitely some type of timers :D

the value were [00000000] as soon as I entered the instance....
5lfzJGk - Tera Emulator v1xxx - RaGEZONE Forums

Byte at offset [0B] changes, is not a constant, it seems that it changes daily, or at a certain point throughout the day... I still don't know why or why it behaves that way..

I've got a few packets and this is what happened with the byte at offset [0B], check them out:
Packet test 1:
Packet test 2:

Now it still on 0xB4 (dec:180) so, any ideas are welcome :D

Also not to mention it only increments by 0x3C [dec:60]

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok. We got down like 60% of the S_SEND_VIP_SYSTEM_INFO. Thanks for help @0x90.
The only problem remaining is the inventory-profile bug that i cant find the origin of. Any help is welcomed.

::The Inventory-Profile BUG: You enter world from lobby, you open inventory , then close it or not, you open the profile [P] after that opening the inventory cant be done, but that's not the only bad effect, spawning/despawning is out and chat, basically the client enters in a "freez" state, you can still walk around but everything else is down, but the communication between server and client is still active, like when moving or spawning stuff with chat commands is still happening on server....ugh!!
Thanks!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No idea how it works in tera, but usually opening/closing certain windows in mmos is handled by either a pair of packets for that specific window, or by some general purpose packet that tells the game which window to open/close (might be a state switch for example).

Maybe that sort of packet is not implemented/being handled properly?
The client freezing could also be a side effect of it waiting for the server to reply with the confirmation of the window closure.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Umm..
There are some packets sent from server for when the profile opens...but i dont think thats the problem...
I'll check that...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice job dude ^^

You Need update the git repo to new version(47.02).

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
YAAAAAHHH!! Found the root of bug!
Its exactly as @bloodyshade said.
Thanks! :D

Great! nice job! keep on going, I will be busy as for this week goes, but as soon as I get off my stuff I will get back on helping out :D

so at the end of the day, what was the packet that was missing? I guess it was on the very same inventory packet right? maybe a byte 0 and 1 XD

Last edited:
Back