Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tera Server][Non-targeting combat system][Developement Guide]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've started this thread to gather all the information is necessary to understand and develop a basic |non-targeting combat| system not just for TERA SERVER but for any other mmorpg.

So, everyone that has ideas/information/documents/programming approaches etc on this topic , please post here.
Lets gather enough data to develop a fast/reliable non-targeting combat system.
Thanks.

Read this first [ ]

ref.
narcis96 - [Tera Server][Non-targeting combat system][Developement Guide] - RaGEZONE Forums

Ok. This is my approach.
First NCTS =[non-targeting-combat-system]
So, in my server, each connected CLIENT has 2 internal threads, 1 thread handles the RECEIVING process and the other for internal calculation and mostly calculation for the NCTS [skills].
As we may know, Tera's NCTS is based on skills. The server will load skill data from the xml files extracted from Tera Client.
These files holds most of the data needed to develop the NCTS.
So we need a good understanding on the Skill xml files, on their format and structure;

I wrote an recursive function [in c++] that will parse the XMLDocument into a list of XMLNode(s) and child nodes with respective XMLNodeAttribute(List). From these XMLNodes and XMLNodeAttribute we will build the Skill object.

So, this is what a skill looks like.
narcis96 - [Tera Server][Non-targeting combat system][Developement Guide] - RaGEZONE Forums

Lets ding into this data get the most out of it.
To get all Tera's data in xml format, talk to @P5yl0, he developed a tool for that purpose.

I was young back then, I have learned and grew. The approach above makes me puke.
This is my latest work on server development. For those interesting in server design, start here.

Last edited:
Back