Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How can I connect to the server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have On-Tera and the source from github, but I don't understand how can Tera connect to the server.
Server looks working.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
shortcut for newbies. the whole thing is you have to parametering your launcher.
TERA-Launcher.exe 1 f5227287ef4dcf4a95b18efd29815f59 0 1 teszter en
where:
TERA-Launcher.exe 1 -> IDK | f5227287ef4dcf4a95b18efd29815f59 -> Password from mysql (must be MD5?) | 0 -> IDK | 1 -> IDK | teszter -> Username from mysql | en -> guess language

and here is my launcher, open with hex-editot and look for
be sure you about charaters

anyway im working on proper launcher for this server, but im too tired to finish today.
coming features:
register account to remote database
version checker from serverside (based on md5-hash)
server listener (online-offline)
game starter

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
shortcut for newbies. the whole thing is you have to parametering your launcher.
TERA-Launcher.exe 1 f5227287ef4dcf4a95b18efd29815f59 0 1 teszter en
where:
TERA-Launcher.exe 1 -> IDK | f5227287ef4dcf4a95b18efd29815f59 -> Password from mysql (must be MD5?) | 0 -> IDK | 1 -> IDK | teszter -> Username from mysql | en -> guess language

and here is my launcher, open with hex-editot and look for
be sure you about charaters

anyway im working on proper launcher for this server, but im too tired to finish today.
coming features:
register account to remote database
version checker from serverside (based on md5-hash)
server listener (online-offline)
game starter

The launcher works as long as you aren't an "XP" user. The framework we are currently using is 4.5 which is what the servers uses, since XP is near the end-life process there's no reason to really move backwards, unless its really required. The launcher does all the features you have provided in the one you want to create, just a few small things have been turned off / or code has been taken out till we can fully test it.

The initial launching of the client

Which the above is incorrect about the starting of the client from the shortcut.

TERA-Launcher.exe 1 -> IDK | f5227287ef4dcf4a95b18efd29815f59 -> (( User Password MD5 (( USER + PASS )) )) | 0 -> IDK | 1 -> IDK | teszter -> (( Username )) | en -> (( Client Language to Load ))

Upvote 0
Reaction score
The launcher works as long as you aren't an "XP" user. The framework we are currently using is 4.5 which is what the servers uses, since XP is near the end-life process there's no reason to really move backwards, unless its really required. The launcher does all the features you have provided in the one you want to create, just a few small things have been turned off / or code has been taken out till we can fully test it.

The initial launching of the client

Which the above is incorrect about the starting of the client from the shortcut.

TERA-Launcher.exe 1 -> IDK | f5227287ef4dcf4a95b18efd29815f59 -> (( User Password MD5 (( USER + PASS )) )) | 0 -> IDK | 1 -> IDK | teszter -> (( Username )) | en -> (( Client Language to Load ))

There are things called 3rd party patches. XP is a good server and workstation. If you want a server, with less workstation, use Server 2003. It's faster than 2008/2012.

In TERA-Launcher.exe, I found:
Code:
Client\TL.exeTERA.exeTL.exe<unknown>Hello!!
"Hello!!". lol

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

i didn't understood what you mean
"Make sure you create a file called "serlistenglis.en" in a folder within the document root "launcher/server/"
i can't find launcher/server so is there anybody who can help me to done with how to create local server?
Thank you

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello,

i didn't understood what you mean
"Make sure you create a file called "serlistenglis.en" in a folder within the document root "launcher/server/"
i can't find launcher/server so is there anybody who can help me to done with how to create local server?
Thank you

Basically you need a webserver for this, like wampp, or xampp. installed (or an online one but remember to change launcher hex to correspond in this case). then on the www root (in xampp usually c:/xampp/htdocs/) you make a folder named launcher, inside it folder named server, and inside it you make the file serlistenglis.en with the information inside that file said earlier. u can use notepad to make that file and insert the txt. then just name the file extension to .en instead txt.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basically you need a webserver for this, like wampp, or xampp. installed (or an online one but remember to change launcher hex to correspond in this case). then on the www root (in xampp usually c:/xampp/htdocs/) you make a folder named launcher, inside it folder named server, and inside it you make the file serlistenglis.en with the information inside that file said earlier. u can use notepad to make that file and insert the txt. then just name the file extension to .en instead txt.

Hey man thank you, can you help me?

so i did it, i did the folders and make an Text document and put inside the code. so what is next? i want to ask with Tera Emulator files where i must save em and what i must do with em cause i can't run nothing from there or any Server Start. or sometihng like tihs.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey man thank you, can you help me?

so i did it, i did the folders and make an Text document and put inside the code. so what is next? i want to ask with Tera Emulator files where i must save em and what i must do with em cause i can't run nothing from there or any Server Start. or sometihng like tihs.

Thank you

Well for that you need visual studio 2012 to compile the server files. as it is just the source code. You can add me on skype if you wish. nickname sinisterial
i can try to help with what i can.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will include the file with this, but basically you will need a hex editor... I personally use HxD because it's straight forward...

Download this launcher

You will open it with a hex editor and search either of these....

Offset
Code:
4E69B4

Hex-Values
Code:
68 74 74 70

The String and Hex will look something like this
Code:
String
http://10.0.0.4/launcher/servers/serlistenglis.en

Hex
68 74 74 70 3A 2F 2F 31 30 2E 30 2E 30 2E 34 2F 6C 61 75 6E 63 68 65 72 2F 73 65 72 76 65 72 73 2F 73 65 72 6C 69 73 74 65 6E 67 6C 69 73 2E 65 6E

The string is 49 characters long, generally keep it this way or you may make your launcher crash......

So if you want to change to localhost....

Replace it with this hex code
Code:
68 74 74 70 3A 2F 2F 6C 6F 63 61 6C 68 6F 73 74 2F 6C 61 75 6E 63 68 65 72 2F 73 65 72 76 65 72 2F 73 65 72 6C 69 73 74 65 6E 67 6C 69 73 2E 65 6E

Make sure you create a file called "serlistenglis.en" in a folder within the document root "launcher/server/"

post this data within serlistenglis.en

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<serverlist>

<server>
    <id>2</id>
	<ip>127.0.0.1</ip>
	<port>11101</port>
	<category>PvE</category>
	<name raw_name="Tera Intranet">
	  <=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[ Tera Intranet ]=]=>
	</name>
	<crowdness sort="1">Average</crowdness>
	<open sort="1">Open</open>
	<permission_mask>0x00000000</permission_mask>
	<server_stat>0x00000001</server_stat>
	<popup>
	  <=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[ Play Now. ]=]=>
	</popup>
	<language>en</language>
  </server>

</serverlist>

Viola...

Connected to Localhost!

I followed all steps but still got this error:

If I create a shortcut and put those code, i got the same error.

PS: I used this code: C:\Tera\On-Tera\Launcher.exe 1 59a0bfaaffaf628de4e0df8ba378d4f5 0 1 root en

root is mysql user and 59a0bfaaffaf628de4e0df8ba378d4f5 password in md5, is that right?

Could someone help me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
█║▌║▌║TheMerc iful║▌║▌║█
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I will include the file with this, but basically you will need a hex editor... I personally use HxD because it's straight forward...

Download this launcher

You will open it with a hex editor and search either of these....

Offset
Code:
4E69B4

Hex-Values
Code:
68 74 74 70

The String and Hex will look something like this
Code:
String
http://10.0.0.4/launcher/servers/serlistenglis.en

Hex
68 74 74 70 3A 2F 2F 31 30 2E 30 2E 30 2E 34 2F 6C 61 75 6E 63 68 65 72 2F 73 65 72 76 65 72 73 2F 73 65 72 6C 69 73 74 65 6E 67 6C 69 73 2E 65 6E

The string is 49 characters long, generally keep it this way or you may make your launcher crash......

So if you want to change to localhost....

Replace it with this hex code
Code:
68 74 74 70 3A 2F 2F 6C 6F 63 61 6C 68 6F 73 74 2F 6C 61 75 6E 63 68 65 72 2F 73 65 72 76 65 72 2F 73 65 72 6C 69 73 74 65 6E 67 6C 69 73 2E 65 6E

Make sure you create a file called "serlistenglis.en" in a folder within the document root "launcher/server/"

post this data within serlistenglis.en

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<serverlist>

<server>
    <id>2</id>
	<ip>127.0.0.1</ip>
	<port>11101</port>
	<category>PvE</category>
	<name raw_name="Tera Intranet">
	  <=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[ Tera Intranet ]=]=>
	</name>
	<crowdness sort="1">Average</crowdness>
	<open sort="1">Open</open>
	<permission_mask>0x00000000</permission_mask>
	<server_stat>0x00000001</server_stat>
	<popup>
	  <=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[ Play Now. ]=]=>
	</popup>
	<language>en</language>
  </server>

</serverlist>

Viola...

Connected to Localhost!

so, what about for LAN CONNECTION? what ip should be used for which file?

thanks!
god bless!

hoping this wont be answered after a few weeks or months?
if a moderator can answer this pls! do!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
hoping this wont be answered after a few weeks or months?
if a moderator can answer this pls! do!

Reminder: I am here to oversee the order, not develop stuff.

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that one needs to replace the 127.0.0.1 to your lan ip (or whatever it's called) in that serlistenglis.en? Then again, I am a complete Neanderthal when it comes to things like that and this was just a shot in the dark.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
why so conmplicated...
i ve added all you need in the new launcher...

get your launcher..
github.com/p5yl0

first launcher start... (ctgame.clf file will be created if not exists) <it has our servelist path in hex format!

in launcher:
click on the little square button on the upper left side...
enter your path to your serverlist... be sure its (46) chars long.. (other lenght istn woking you will see)^^
click save button.... and your done...
put your serverlist file on the same... root / folder / serverlistfile as you saved in your launcher !

and your done!!!

Upvote 0
█║▌║▌║TheMerc iful║▌║▌║█
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Reminder: I am here to oversee the order, not develop stuff.

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that one needs to replace the 127.0.0.1 to your lan ip (or whatever it's called) in that serlistenglis.en? Then again, I am a complete Neanderthal when it comes to things like that and this was just a shot in the dark.

why so conmplicated...
i ve added all you need in the new launcher...

get your launcher..
github.com/p5yl0

first launcher start... (ctgame.clf file will be created if not exists) <it has our servelist path in hex format!

in launcher:
click on the little square button on the upper left side...
enter your path to your serverlist... be sure its (46) chars long.. (other lenght istn woking you will see)^^
click save button.... and your done...
put your serverlist file on the same... root / folder / serverlistfile as you saved in your launcher !

and your done!!!

i have been playing the game on the same computer NOW i wanted to play it together with my wife, so im asking what ip or files should i look into and change?

so! i should not edit any files from the server leave the ip's as it is "127.0.0.1?

coz' im referring for my other computer to connect to the server?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
the gameserver is always running on the local machine.. same on a root so on gameserver you dont need to do any changes...!!!!

you have to edit ... in the launcher the adress to you serverlist file

char length now not really 46 chars...

so lets say we have now the serverlist on .. "127.0.0.1/balblabla/serverlist" <46 chars

if you edit say 127.0.0.1 to my-adress.de you cahnged... 127.0.0.1 = 9chars to 12chars in the end you would have 3 chars too much and your file would be corrupt!!!

so you need to subtract this 3 more chars.. from the adresss behind >>> "my-adress.de/blabblabla/serverl" <this would be again correct
and you had to rename your file serverlist.de, servelist.fr, serverlist.en from your root/blablabla/ folder from "serverlist" to "serverl"

maybe i do a guide with pics.. later...

so after changing the hex adress.. you modified your launcher to find the servelist on that adress..c
cause your servlist file is to 99% on the same machine where your gameserver is running to ...
you dont need to edit the servelist .de .fr .en files from there
it has as gserver adresss the 127.0.0.1 standard...
you only need to change there the adress to the gamesrver when you lets say.. have the serverlist file on another host than you gameserver!

if you use the launcher from above i wrote.... click on the button enter your adress only 46 chars allowed... save!
put servelist file on the same..root and directories.. and your done ..

the only thing you need to change is the
ctlauncher.ini
serverIP=127.0.0.1

to your loginserver ip !!!

for connection from out...
EDIT on Gameserver NO NEED! cause everything runs on the same machine!
EDIT Launcher YES to find you loginserver where to authorize and where to find the servelist file

Last edited:
Upvote 0
█║▌║▌║TheMerc iful║▌║▌║█
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the gameserver is always running on the local machine.. same on a root so on gameserver you dont need to do any changes...!!!!

you have to edit ... in the launcher the adress to you serverlist file

char length now not really 46 chars...

so lets say we have now the serverlist on .. "127.0.0.1/balblabla/serverlist" <46 chars

if you edit say 127.0.0.1 to my-adress.de you cahnged... 127.0.0.1 = 9chars to 12chars in the end you would have 3 chars too much and your file would be corrupt!!!

so you need to subtract this 3 more chars.. from the adresss behind >>> "my-adress.de/blabblabla/serverl" <this would be again correct
and you had to rename your file serverlist.de, servelist.fr, serverlist.en from your root/blablabla/ folder from "serverlist" to "serverl"

maybe i do a guide with pics.. later...

so after changing the hex adress.. you modified your launcher to find the servelist on that adress..c
cause your servlist file is to 99% on the same machine where your gameserver is running to ...
you dont need to edit the servelist .de .fr .en files from there
it has as gserver adresss the 127.0.0.1 standard...
you only need to change there the adress to the gamesrver when you lets say.. have the serverlist file on another host than you gameserver!

if you use the launcher from above i wrote.... click on the button enter your adress only 46 chars allowed... save!
put servelist file on the same..root and directories.. and your done ..

the only thing you need to change is the
ctlauncher.ini
serverIP=127.0.0.1

to your loginserver ip !!!

for connection from out...
EDIT on Gameserver NO NEED! cause everything runs on the same machine!
EDIT Launcher YES to find you loginserver where to authorize and where to find the servelist file

that would be great if you could provide the simple tutorial you have said.

and i wanted to ask you something else also its about a quest because some quests are unable to finish coz' there's lacking of quest items to be found and get. like this! see image below for reference.

//QUEST1
piskotahun - How can I connect to the server? - RaGEZONE Forums

i have searched the WHOLE 5KM on all directions i cant find the thing or monster to kill.

//QUEST2
piskotahun - How can I connect to the server? - RaGEZONE Forums

for this on i have harness/gathered almost 20 to 30 but got no chance of getting 1 item out of it.

//UPDATE
is there an update coming up anytime soon?!

THANK YOU!!!
GOD BLESS!!!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
maybe its not integrated... or the spawn points for veridia platnts are not included...
a lto of quests, items etc.. are missing

im for now rewriting the data\ folder with the *.bin files to *.xml
when im done adding items or spawns is editable with notepad or any other text editor

Upvote 0
Back