so I'm a standup comedian!

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    4,478Posts

so basically,

my names Jamie/donkey/donkjam Im a Geordie from Newcastle....and im a comedian.

ve always wanted to do stand up and love to make people laugh, im quiete a shy person, however...I started doing stand up comedy last year.

my first gig was for cancer research and there was around 400 people in the audience at the stand Newcastle, ive also been at the comedy store Manchester , have look, see what you think.

any feedback, Joke recommendations, Ideas for future jokes, lemme know here!

if you enjoy, follow my page: https://www.facebook.com/haylescomedy

here's the video:

Last edited by Donkjam; 26-04-20 at 12:44 AM.
    Lol at spoiler below
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skycut View Post
    This is like, the love shack thread with post counting. Damn you spamming bastards. boobs

Indigo SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,141Posts

Re: so I'm a standup comedian!

normally cringe at most comedians but this was actually really funny

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    4,478Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    normally cringe at most comedians but this was actually really funny
    thanks mate really do appreciate it, me too, like said this was my first gig I was shitting it, and was 400 people there and I done it, ive loads ne jokes and done loads gigs since, if people enjoy, ill post future gigs.
    Lol at spoiler below
    Spoiler:
    This is like, the love shack thread with post counting. Damn you spamming bastards. boobs

Pink PantherRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    PimpvilleLocation
    4,696Posts

Maybe be a little less self depricating but other than that I enjoyed the show
    Booyah!

]

True MemberRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    850Posts

Nice donkey, i have been laughing! nice to see you around again.

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    4,478Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flameingskull View Post
    Maybe be a little less self depricating but other than that I enjoyed the show
    I Tend to find I joke about self it gets laughter

Quote Originally Posted by vista4life View Post
    Nice donkey, i have been laughing! nice to see you around again.
    thanks glad enjoyed
    Lol at spoiler below
    Spoiler:

Pink PantherRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    PimpvilleLocation
    4,696Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donkjam View Post
    I Tend to find I joke about self it gets laughter

thanks glad enjoyed
    Oh yeah, self depricating jokes get loads of laughs, just don't make yourself too much of a victim or it stops being funny. Most of your jokes of that type showed quite a bit of confidence so you should be fine as long as you don't got too far down the rabbit hole.
    Booyah!

]

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    178Posts

Man, keep it up! I liked that vid^-^ I think you're quite funny

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    4,478Posts

Oh yeah, self depricating jokes get loads of laughs, just don't make yourself too much of a victim or it stops being funny. Most of your jokes of that type showed quite a bit of confidence so you should be fine as long as you don't got too far down the rabbit hole.
    Oh yeah I get what you mean. That’s pretty much as far as I go tbh. Well for now anyway ha

Quote Originally Posted by Spidpex View Post
    Man, keep it up! I liked that vid^-^ I think you're quite funny
    Thanks man. I plan to carry on in the near future

I dreamt a funny joke the other night but can I hell think what it was now ffs ha

any topic ideas welcomed. I’m also gonna do some sketches soon just need to think of a few ha
    Lol at spoiler below
    Spoiler:

Pink PantherRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    PimpvilleLocation
    4,696Posts

Oh yeah I get what you mean. That’s pretty much as far as I go tbh. Well for now anyway ha

Thanks man. I plan to carry on in the near future

I dreamt a funny joke the other night but can I hell think what it was now ffs ha

any topic ideas welcomed. I’m also gonna do some sketches soon just need to think of a few ha
    Dunno about funny jokes, I'm just a cranky bastard but have you thought about doing short Live sets on youtube during lockdown? could be worth a shot?
    Booyah!

]

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    4,478Posts

Dunno about funny jokes, I'm just a cranky bastard but have you thought about doing short Live sets on youtube during lockdown? could be worth a shot?

I thought of it but literally every comedian I know is doing live things on fb

i don’t want ppl to tell me jokes I meant just topics for them
    Lol at spoiler below
    Spoiler:

Pink PantherRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    PimpvilleLocation
    4,696Posts

I thought of it but literally every comedian I know is doing live things on fb

i don’t want ppl to tell me jokes I meant just topics for them
    1) Something around how lots of life's bullshit gets thrown out the window when people are dying in a pandemic? lots of SJW stuff was going on beforehand and now it's mostly quiet because of the 'rona.

2) I watched a vice clip earlier about some people trapped in some spiritual festival in panama who now have to work for their food and stuff while acting like their purely spiritual beings or some other shite. Maybe something taking the piss out of situations like that?

3) Might also be worth covering the summer weather in the UK, it's been pretty fucking nice out recently but none of us can enjoy it for a change but people still go out for "exercise" and bbq's

I got nothing else, my brain needs sleep
    Booyah!

]

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    4,478Posts

1) Something around how lots of life's bullshit gets thrown out the window when people are dying in a pandemic? lots of SJW stuff was going on beforehand and now it's mostly quiet because of the 'rona.

2) I watched a vice clip earlier about some people trapped in some spiritual festival in panama who now have to work for their food and stuff while acting like their purely spiritual beings or some other shite. Maybe something taking the piss out of situations like that?

3) Might also be worth covering the summer weather in the UK, it's been pretty fucking nice out recently but none of us can enjoy it for a change but people still go out for "exercise" and bbq's

I got nothing else, my brain needs sleep
    thanks I’ll keep in mind

mostbof my gigs I think of the stuff literally the night before or hours before I do my show. I never prepare haha. This script was done 2 day’s before
    Lol at spoiler below
    Spoiler:

Pink PantherRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    PimpvilleLocation
    4,696Posts

thanks I’ll keep in mind

mostbof my gigs I think of the stuff literally the night before or hours before I do my show. I never prepare haha. This script was done 2 day’s before
    No worries, use them or not they were just headline topics that came to mind so help yourself. I'm positive similar material is being written and used atm so they're probably not that helpful in terms of origionality
    Booyah!

]

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    4,478Posts

No worries, use them or not they were just headline topics that came to mind so help yourself. I'm positive similar material is being written and used atm so they're probably not that helpful in terms of origionality
    well at the moment I'm not looking to do any gigs cause of lockdown, if so id probs make a script an hour before ha
    Lol at spoiler below
    Spoiler:

Advertisement