Habbo has teased a new client!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MemberRank
    Mar 2019 Join Date
    14Posts

Re: Habbo has teased a new client!

Habbo has teased a new client!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    I was literally just about to quote that. I feel like this is going to be similar to the whole switch from Shockwave to Flash, only this time it's Flash to HTML5. Things will not go to plan, and they'll end up missing out on a lot of features. Very interested to see what comes of all this, though I doubt it'll be pretty.
    If anything I hope they do take back gambling.
    Would be amazing and probably make people play the game to scam each other like back in the days :)

New players would get invited to a new world and yes they won't add gambling shit again 110%..

Gold SubscriberRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    1,543Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rstrui View Post
    and yes they won't add gambling shit again 110%..
    Why say it if you know they won't, and even can't?

MemberRank
    Mar 2019 Join Date
    14Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joorren View Post
    Why say it if you know they won't, and even can't?
    Lol they can add it but they don't want to risk it, that's all bruh.
    Also I lit said "hope", in other words, I wish they took i back if you didn't understand.

Gold SubscriberRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    1,543Posts

They can't legally.

MemberRank
    Mar 2019 Join Date
    14Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joorren View Post
    They can't legally.
    Fyi, "The reason behind this was that the online gambling that occured on the hotel was criticised by those outside of Habbo, and accused Sulake of teaching teenagers bad habit by introducing them to and getting them addicted to gambling. Online gambling is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 years in most countries also, which is another reason the ban was implemented."

They could just make gambling rooms 18+, having that function wouldn't make it "illegal".
    They can add it legally, there's many ways to add it legally but they won't in the end.

Gold SubscriberRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    1,543Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rstrui View Post
    Fyi, "The reason behind this was that the online gambling that occured on the hotel was criticised by those outside of Habbo, and accused Sulake of teaching teenagers bad habit by introducing them to and getting them addicted to gambling. Online gambling is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 years in most countries also, which is another reason the ban was implemented."

They could just make gambling rooms 18+, having that function wouldn't make it "illegal".
    They can add it legally, there's many ways to add it legally but they won't in the end.
    Gambling websites have to follow strict rules.
    Habbo won't ever apply to these rules because there are minors using the same service, even when these rooms would be blocked for those players.
    And Habbo's playerbase is aimed at age 13 - 18, so it wouldn't even be interesting for them.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    ScotlandLocation
    1,279Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiko View Post
    What side gig? Old practices?
    Personal projects. I'd been running a GTA V RP server up until a few months ago. My eyes are on Red Dead Redemption 2 PC release later this year for my next project to dive into :D

Would be interesting if this wasn't a HTML5 rewrite and actually something like Unity. Have they confirmed what framework they'll be using yet?

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,413Posts

Thread closed, please use the mega thread where all discussion about the new client will be: http://forum.ragezone.com/f282/megat...7/#post8970823
    The Habbo archives: http://alex-dev.org/archive/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement