Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Habbo has teased a new client!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no, that's why I think this is a big joke.

Anyway, they're doing what they should. Orange didn't buy Sulake to close it.
Orange Games is dead. Long live Azerion - the media- and technology company. In addition, they aim for IPO by 2020 ??????

Reaction score
*Aaron joined the conversation*

phoenix html5 5.0?
?????? The phoenix must burn before rising from the ashes..

Only joking, work keeps me too busy for side gigs these days. I'm glad they're finally ditching flash, idk what their numbers are like anymore but I can't imagine holding on to flash this long has done them any favours.

Reaction score
������ The phoenix must burn before rising from the ashes..

Only joking, work keeps me too busy for side gigs these days. I'm glad they're finally ditching flash, idk what their numbers are like anymore but I can't imagine holding on to flash this long has done them any favours.
Haha, true....

I don't think it has impacted them negatively either, but definitely no favors

Reaction score
They mention "retention of the MAJORITY of features in Habbo as it exists today". I read this as "we don't have enough time to build the more advanced stuff we currently have in our client and we will remove these functionalities till further notice".

Honestly... They began this project WAY too late, now a team of probably about 5 developers (since their budget is nothing) will have to overwork themselves having to convert current Habbo to "Habbo2020". They should just let Habbo die a graceful death instead of trying to fix something that has been broken for so long.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They mention "retention of the MAJORITY of features in Habbo as it exists today". I read this as "we don't have enough time to build the more advanced stuff we currently have in our client and we will remove these functionalities till further notice".

Honestly... They began this project WAY too late, now a team of probably about 5 developers (since their budget is nothing) will have to overwork themselves having to convert current Habbo to "Habbo2020". They should just let Habbo die a graceful death instead of trying to fix something that has been broken for so long.

Oh well, Azerion is in charge now so let's give them a chance to let them show what they're made of (if you know what I mean ;) ). Nonetheless, I'm really curious how this all will work out. And *if* they duck up, we may at least have a new base for Retro's to evolve. Like @Quackster said: "New toys to play with after all". :wink:

Last edited:
Reaction score

I was literally just about to quote that. I feel like this is going to be similar to the whole switch from Shockwave to Flash, only this time it's Flash to HTML5. Things will not go to plan, and they'll end up missing out on a lot of features. Very interested to see what comes of all this, though I doubt it'll be pretty.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was literally just about to quote that. I feel like this is going to be similar to the whole switch from Shockwave to Flash, only this time it's Flash to HTML5. Things will not go to plan, and they'll end up missing out on a lot of features. Very interested to see what comes of all this, though I doubt it'll be pretty.
If anything I hope they do take back gambling.
Would be amazing and probably make people play the game to scam each other like back in the days :)

New players would get invited to a new world and yes they won't add gambling poop again 110%..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why say it if you know they won't, and even can't?
Lol they can add it but they don't want to risk it, that's all bruh.
Also I lit said "hope", in other words, I wish they took i back if you didn't understand.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They can't legally.
Fyi, "The reason behind this was that the online gambling that occured on the hotel was criticised by those outside of , and accused Sulake of teaching teenagers bad habit by introducing them to and getting them addicted to gambling. Online gambling is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 years in most countries also, which is another reason the ban was implemented."

They could just make gambling rooms 18+, having that function wouldn't make it "illegal".
They can add it legally, there's many ways to add it legally but they won't in the end.

Reaction score
Fyi, "The reason behind this was that the online gambling that occured on the hotel was criticised by those outside of , and accused Sulake of teaching teenagers bad habit by introducing them to and getting them addicted to gambling. Online gambling is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 years in most countries also, which is another reason the ban was implemented."

They could just make gambling rooms 18+, having that function wouldn't make it "illegal".
They can add it legally, there's many ways to add it legally but they won't in the end.

Gambling websites have to follow strict rules.
Habbo won't ever apply to these rules because there are minors using the same service, even when these rooms would be blocked for those players.
And Habbo's playerbase is aimed at age 13 - 18, so it wouldn't even be interesting for them.

Reaction score
What side gig? Old practices?

Personal projects. I'd been running a GTA V RP server up until a few months ago. My eyes are on Red Dead Redemption 2 PC release later this year for my next project to dive into :D

Would be interesting if this wasn't a HTML5 rewrite and actually something like Unity. Have they confirmed what framework they'll be using yet?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New client ANNOUNCED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back