Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official New Habobo feature? Rotate whole room & furni/badge descriptions gone!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So recently I was sat in Macklebees room with a bunch of other people and he was talking about a feature he would like to add. Obviously people asked what this feature was so he said it was rotating a full room 360°

Click this link: to see a short GIF of what I mean. I think this feature is actually pretty cool. Not sure what use it would serve but still.

Also, I thought I would mention this here instead of created 2 threads but in the recent Habbo maintenance, furni and badge descriptions are also missing. Im not sure if this is intentional but when people have asked Macklebee about them, he never replied.

I wonder if this was intentional or accidental....

5IJil0j - New Habobo feature? Rotate whole room & furni/badge descriptions gone! - RaGEZONE Forums

riqmoD1 - New Habobo feature? Rotate whole room & furni/badge descriptions gone! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I don't think it's accidential. They're doing some big 'cut costs' I guess. Less translations saves money.

Same with moderation. No moderators anymore saves much money. The automatic report handler would take care of it they probably thought.

Reaction score
Is that GIF legit or is it just an edit? I know it's Mackle's room, but... Eh

I can't believe they're removing the bloody item and badge descriptions, how ridiculous is that. Where the hell are they expecting to go with that, they're just removing all the nostalgia from Habbo.

Reaction score
Removing the descriptions is not a mistake.

Habbos! Over the past several days, you may have noticed that we have removed descriptions from furni and badges. We did this in order to make our user interface less cluttered for new and existing users and to streamline and improve internal processes.

Thank you for understanding!

-Habbo Staff

Reaction score
360 would take away a lot from the game. Think this was just an experiment to play around with.

Besides that I feel they are just riding out the game and will shut down at the end of the year. Browsers are slowly stopping support for Flash and they don't seem to be investing money into building an HTML5 version of Habbo.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Besides that I feel they are just riding out the game and will shut down at the end of the year. Browsers are slowly stopping support for Flash and they don't seem to be investing money into building an HTML5 version of Habbo.

Yeah mabe you're right, and mabe you're wrong. Maybe they cut staff to hire other staff to work on HTML5 so that they don't have to close and continue milking the machine with no mods in the future and mabe they just kept a few developers and artists here and there.

the real nostalgic feeling here is how everyone keeps saying habbo is dying by the end of the year. Has it not been said ever since they hid their online bar? Lmfao. Has it not been said with every change they do? I mean yeah they're loosing players but they're not dead yet.

who knows when it will die, but sure as hell when they are going to close, they are going to tell the people 1-3 months before just like they did with scandinavian habbo.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If they do end up closing more hotels and keeping one hotel or w/e, I'll feel bad for those people that would of spent so much money on the game. I doubt they'll transfer any of their accounts/furni etc.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If they do end up closing more hotels and keeping one hotel or w/e, I'll feel bad for those people that would of spent so much money on the game. I doubt they'll transfer any of their accounts/furni etc.
Habbo didn't transfered for any of the closed hotels. So much money spent, stfu. They really don't care what user want. They just want money.

That's pretty sad.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hm.. That's not the point. The point is, users wanna their stuff back.

You're missing the point. The reason you start a company like Sulake is to make profit. It's not a charity, the money goes towards keeping servers online, keeping development going, keeping developers paid, artists paid, and keeping everyone of their employee's house's lights on and of course keeping their office lights on. All of these things are what keeps Habbo going. Without money, Habbo couldn't exist the way it exists today.

Like keeping their office lights on, it would also require a huge amount of money and resources to transfer furniture/accounts over to another hotel. Which is why they probably won't do it, unless it was going to be profitable and generate more income for the company. Habbo is a business which ever way you look at it, and everything needs to be put into consideration in terms of how it benefit the company in a positive/negative way.

Reaction score
You're missing the point. The reason you start a company like Sulake is to make profit. It's not a charity, the money goes towards keeping servers online, keeping development going, keeping developers paid, artists paid, and keeping everyone of their employee's house's lights on and of course keeping their office lights on. All of these things are what keeps Habbo going. Without money, Habbo couldn't exist the way it exists today.

Like keeping their office lights on, it would also require a huge amount of money and resources to transfer furniture/accounts over to another hotel. Which is why they probably won't do it, unless it was going to be profitable and generate more income for the company. Habbo is a business which ever way you look at it, and everything needs to be put into consideration in terms of how it benefit the company in a positive/negative way.

Don't forget that Habbo merged hotels once already.
They can do it again if they want.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think you're missing my point. I know how companies does/works etc.

I'm only saying that wouldn't be a hard job migrating user data to other hotels. Obviously would be money spent and a big job, but not hard.

Everyone from the last hotels closed lost everything. Without chance of migration, some people on my country really spent more than 10k of Brazilian Reals on this game.

So...

Reaction score
Fully mobile with Flash? Would be a hateful experience.
But agree, maybe the same what happened with Club Penguin goes with Habbo.
Lmfao NO, Habbo already has an iPhone and Android app.. Actually I don't know if it's still alive, and I don't know if it's Flash or not.. But I never meant "Fully mobile with Flash", oh jesus no.

Back