Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official An insight into Sulake's in-house development/design tools for Habbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was doing my usual snooping as I take a major interest in the technologies that Sulake uses to develop Habbo from a generalised stance/POV.

Outlined in this thread are the in-house Photoshop plugins (panels) created and used by Sulake for designing pixel art for the game. This includes the development of furniture, exportation and fidelity aspects of the process.

I find it rather odd how they use plugins within Photoshop over actual software but its justifiable as it speeds up the workflow and allows the designers to test furniture without the need for the sandbox hotel.

Anyhow, take a look below and tell me what you think.

Francis Joseph - An insight into Sulake's in-house development/design tools for Habbo. - RaGEZONE Forums

Created in order to simplify the process of making colorable item types in Habbo.
• loads an asset folder and parses its xml data for color information

• each color (product) is displayed as color data index # and is editable
• clicking an indexed color allows color to be assigned per sprite layer
• edited data is saved back to xml files for game importing

Francis Joseph - An insight into Sulake's in-house development/design tools for Habbo. - RaGEZONE Forums

Created in order to simplify repetitive processes and speedup workflow
• tools to isometrically skew and move layers

• 'use tiles' option allows for moving objects as if it were in the game space for game accurate mockups + marketing

Simple file loader
• connects to GD folder so most current templates are always used
• loads/duplicates template so original is never altered
• customizable via XML

Rebuild PSD from assets

• reads asset folder and imports sprite pngs into an editable psd
• realigns sprites around registration point
• organizes layers into folders and sets shadows opacity

Asset packaging tool
• checks repository for valid files
• saves info to xml for game importing

* Just to note, these are their current workflow tools as of September 2016.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is.. Ducking awesome

How even did you get these screenshots, or are they not official?

They're official screenshots of their in-house pixel art production tools.
This is what their branding and graphic design sector uses to produce pixel art.

I'll try obtain and post more screenshots later if even possible for me to do so... :):

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow,amazing.
Is Plugin created by Sulake's programmers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back