Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official [MEGATHREAD] Habbo 2020

Reaction score
Did certainly not take me 30 seconds to get in a room but might be just that I have a supercomputer. All jokes aside, it's not too slow for me loading-wise. But, that's the only non-negative thing I have to say. I honestly was pretty positive but it is just, ugh. They allow you to earn credits locked behind a payment of buying coins, you can only have one dialog open so shopping while seeing what items you need isn't possible, I know I can't do better but I expected much more.

Reaction score
Did certainly not take me 30 seconds to get in a room but might be just that I have a supercomputer. All jokes aside, it's not too slow for me loading-wise. But, that's the only non-negative thing I have to say. I honestly was pretty positive but it is just, ugh. They allow you to earn credits locked behind a payment of buying coins, you can only have one dialog open so shopping while seeing what items you need isn't possible, I know I can't do better but I expected much more.

jUJ0sBA - [MEGATHREAD] Habbo 2020 - RaGEZONE Forums

New: ~20s
Old: ~10s

And every icon and stuff loads soo slow. It feels just like in shockwave times

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The thing I hate the most about the new UI is that, if you resize the window horizontally, it gets to the old UI size. It can escalate, but they intentionally decided to make it this big and don't let you make it smaller. You can't even zoom it out with ctrl+wheel like in flash.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got the tip to hit alt + 1 to "fix" the large font size. It was a lot better, but it's still crap.
I agree, not a fan at all - but then again, I remember having the same opinion 10 years ago when Habbo moved from Shockwave to Flash... that eventually grew on me!

Not too sure I can comment much on it just yet as I have barely logged on to check it out. Room loading is hit and miss, some rooms taking ages some aren't. Teething issues i'm sure.

Reaction score
Literally every hotel I join is flooded with "#SaveHabbo - we are against Habbo2020" rooms. congrats Sulake.

ADMsKqt - [MEGATHREAD] Habbo 2020 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Adobe says January 12th.

Habbo removed the client on the 5th but then they extended it with a week.

The 12th is probably a hardcoded time in the flash player.

Flash is dead. Lets move on.

There has been a great deal of development going on with the shroom rendering API. People are starting to pick this up and it looks the most promising project in my eyes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok since the lovely moderstors of this quiet section didn't understand the purpose of my reply:

sulake is a joke

Reaction score
2 weeks since the last post in this thread. Apologies, but I lurk these forums very rarely.

It is crazy to me that they've known Habbo needed to be ported out of Flash for nearly 4 years (July 2017 Adobe announced EoL) and yet they've ended up releasing the "new" version which is barely functioning and missing huge amounts of features. You literally cant move furni without picking it up from a room and placing it back down...?! That's insane. Its not a "nice to have", its a basic function that is a core element of the game since V1.

While there is no doubt that Habbo is no longer the multi-million £/$/€ making game it was back at the height of its success. They cut all of the niceties like human moderators, community staff, locality specific hotels etc. a long time ago. This will have dramatically reduced their overheads. So you would think that they'd still be making enough to employ developer(s) who could deliver more than this mess in nearly three years. Hell, theres people on this forum who I believe could produce better than this!

All good things come to an end and as an adult, I don't really have any interest in Habbo anymore, I suppose I just like to check in for nostalgia from time to time. However, I hoped it would go out with a bit more dignity than this. :(

Reaction score
2 weeks since the last post in this thread. Apologies, but I lurk these forums very rarely.

It is crazy to me that they've known Habbo needed to be ported out of Flash for nearly 4 years (July 2017 Adobe announced EoL) and yet they've ended up releasing the "new" version which is barely functioning and missing huge amounts of features. You literally cant move furni without picking it up from a room and placing it back down...?! That's insane. Its not a "nice to have", its a basic function that is a core element of the game since V1.

While there is no doubt that Habbo is no longer the multi-million £/$/€ making game it was back at the height of its success. They cut all of the niceties like human moderators, community staff, locality specific hotels etc. a long time ago. This will have dramatically reduced their overheads. So you would think that they'd still be making enough to employ developer(s) who could deliver more than this mess in nearly three years. Hell, theres people on this forum who I believe could produce better than this!

All good things come to an end and as an adult, I don't really have any interest in Habbo anymore, I suppose I just like to check in for nostalgia from time to time. However, I hoped it would go out with a bit more dignity than this. :(

The option is gone, but using alt still works to move furni.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Looks like Habbo is making a downloadable version of the Flash client, what an absolute clusterfuck.

Back