DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    2,033Posts

Re: [MEGATHREAD] Habbo 2020

[MEGATHREAD] Habbo 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Joopie View Post
    Without the beta there's no Habbo. Something to do with Flash u know :p
    as a side joke, if you write habbo beta on habbo.com.br 3 times you are banned.

Disclaimer: I will never ask you for money for any purposes nor sell you game files (either inside or outside the forums).
    Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

Developer
    &
    Ex-Moderator

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    7,569Posts

The flash client will be removed January 5th.

LegendRank
    Jun 2007 Join Date
    JerseyLocation
    4,097Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    The flash client will be removed January 5th.
    Adobe says January 12th.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    7,569Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Adobe says January 12th.
    Habbo removed the client on the 5th but then they extended it with a week.

The 12th is probably a hardcoded time in the flash player.

Flash is dead. Lets move on.

There has been a great deal of development going on with the shroom rendering API. People are starting to pick this up and it looks the most promising project in my eyes.

MemberRank
    Jul 2019 Join Date
    156Posts

ok since the lovely moderstors of this quiet section didn't understand the purpose of my reply:

sulake is a joke

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    7,569Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    The 12th is probably a hardcoded time in the flash player.

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    1,588Posts

2 weeks since the last post in this thread. Apologies, but I lurk these forums very rarely.

It is crazy to me that they've known Habbo needed to be ported out of Flash for nearly 4 years (July 2017 Adobe announced EoL) and yet they've ended up releasing the "new" version which is barely functioning and missing huge amounts of features. You literally cant move furni without picking it up from a room and placing it back down...?! That's insane. Its not a "nice to have", its a basic function that is a core element of the game since V1.

While there is no doubt that Habbo is no longer the multi-million £/$/€ making game it was back at the height of its success. They cut all of the niceties like human moderators, community staff, locality specific hotels etc. a long time ago. This will have dramatically reduced their overheads. So you would think that they'd still be making enough to employ developer(s) who could deliver more than this mess in nearly three years. Hell, theres people on this forum who I believe could produce better than this!

All good things come to an end and as an adult, I don't really have any interest in Habbo anymore, I suppose I just like to check in for nostalgia from time to time. However, I hoped it would go out with a bit more dignity than this. :(

*lurks*

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,400Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WJJ View Post
    2 weeks since the last post in this thread. Apologies, but I lurk these forums very rarely.

It is crazy to me that they've known Habbo needed to be ported out of Flash for nearly 4 years (July 2017 Adobe announced EoL) and yet they've ended up releasing the "new" version which is barely functioning and missing huge amounts of features. You literally cant move furni without picking it up from a room and placing it back down...?! That's insane. Its not a "nice to have", its a basic function that is a core element of the game since V1.

While there is no doubt that Habbo is no longer the multi-million £/$/€ making game it was back at the height of its success. They cut all of the niceties like human moderators, community staff, locality specific hotels etc. a long time ago. This will have dramatically reduced their overheads. So you would think that they'd still be making enough to employ developer(s) who could deliver more than this mess in nearly three years. Hell, theres people on this forum who I believe could produce better than this!

All good things come to an end and as an adult, I don't really have any interest in Habbo anymore, I suppose I just like to check in for nostalgia from time to time. However, I hoped it would go out with a bit more dignity than this. :(
    The option is gone, but using alt still works to move furni.
    We sail onwards. We don't know where we'll end up, but we'll go where the river takes us. Past everything we fought for, past all memories, onto something new. You'll be missed, my old friend, but it's time to part ways.

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,413Posts

Looks like Habbo is making a downloadable version of the Flash client, what an absolute clusterfuck.

https://www.habbo.com/community/arti...d-flash-client
    The Habbo archives: http://alex-dev.org/archive/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Advertisement