Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Sulake Dominic is fired

Reaction score
Hi!

Today Habbo has written a article about the fact that Macklebee also known as "Dominic" isn't longer working for Habbo. What do you guys think about that? I thought he was responsible for Habbo server development in Java but he has also experience with actionscript. Not sure why he's fired.

streamhotel - Sulake Dominic is fired - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, so.. this thread is a little misleading. It's wrong or incorrect to presume somebody has been fired, especially in the circumstance. Let's set a few things straight and then get into facts.

Macklebee also known Dom is in role until Friday (28/4/17), which is 2 days from now leading me to believe he definitely hasn't been fired from role and has therefore changed roles or resigned from the company.

Dom went into Sulake from his university degree after being in contact with somebody high up within Sulake at the time after the client packet shuffle and recommendations from others within their team. Dom went into role as a Jr Software Developer at the time which gave him limited access. In the end after lots of changes at Sulake he became a Software Developer with more access to continue developing more complexed items without the needed supervision.

Dom has been at Sulake for multiple years and therefore in my opinion has experienced a lot while in-role with them and has come to an end where he has no choice but to leave for another adventure to continue his personal development/career to challenge himself even more.

Again, it's wrong to presume and most of the above is based on factual or personal beliefs. I'm sure once his time at Sulake has ended he may re-appear to set a few of us straight and more so he is on Twitter for those of you just to hit him up.

Previous Post:
Fired or resigned? I don't think he would be writing a love letter if he was fired.This post is a placeholder until I'm home to write a lengthy post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fired or resigned? I don't think he would be writing a love letter if he was fired.

This post is a placeholder until I'm home to write a lengthy post.

Probably saw the decline in revenue and jumped ship before it sinks.

Habbo is a game he has loved for many years so it would be weird to give this up without any good reason.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
inb4 all the script o matic lot get together, start Suelake LLC and buy out Sulake
Placing a Ā£10 bet on this

Also he probably left, or was laid off. I highly doubt someone as skilled as Dom got sacked. Doesn't make sense. He was part of the group that told Habbo, a big multinational gaming company, to get their poop together back in 2011. You don't sack someone like that.

I wonder if Sulake are laying people off or if this is just Dom moving on to more prosperous and exciting ventures

Reaction score
Sometimes you'll say goodbye because you won't see something you actually like get ruined. I don't think changing to HTML5 would affect his decision. For so far as I know he did mostly Java development. No clear carreer path inside the company could be a reason I guess.

Reaction score
I was actually going to post this thread, I guess I'm a little late... Hey..

Strange, I guess you don't stay with one job forever, it was bound to happen. What does this mean? What other developers does Habbo have?

Back