Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Sulake officially announces Hotel Hideaway on Habbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Some of you probably already knew this but Sulake is behind Hotel Hideaway, it was confirmed yesterday officially by Sulake.

Both on Habbo and Hotel Hideaway you can see the both announcements from Sulake in the news feed.

Rewards will come to the players who links to Hotel Hideaway and Habbo, read more here on Habbo:

And also here is the announcements on Hotel Hideaway:

Alozi - Sulake officially announces Hotel Hideaway on Habbo - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I noticed the following on Habbo's :

How does the launch of Hideaway affect Habbo?

It has absolutely no impact on Habbo. We will continue to work with users to bring fun to the community and we will focus on moving from Flash to a new platform in the near future.

As far as I have seen, this is the first time they have explicitly stated they will be evolving from Flash to other technologies.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Neat, also me and Scott suspected they'd shut down Habbo. Maybe they might make Habbo Mobile only (hope not) but we noticed a certain staff had forked some Unity projects on GitHub. Maybe they'll move forward to WebGL / Canvas or something using some engine. Would love to see them adopt WebAssembly.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Neat, also me and Scott suspected they'd shut down Habbo. Maybe they might make Habbo Mobile only (hope not) but we noticed a certain staff had forked some Unity projects on GitHub. Maybe they'll move forward to WebGL / Canvas or something using some engine. Would love to see them adopt WebAssembly.
No they are just going to change stuff and keep supporting what people use today. browser and apps.

d148643a723620cfe449e813dd81502e - Sulake officially announces Hotel Hideaway on Habbo - RaGEZONE Forums

c9cae9ef1d80ba77ea753f4eaff9c960 - Sulake officially announces Hotel Hideaway on Habbo - RaGEZONE Forums

Alozi - Sulake officially announces Hotel Hideaway on Habbo - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wonder how they will continue after Flash if they will just build for HTML5 instead. They'll likely have to re-implement their client / server structure for support for WebSockets if so.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's also possible that they update it so its a non browser game which is what they basicly did with the android app, ios app its just the client wrapped into a app with some small changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back