Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Sulake talks about habbo future

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In this interview, Liisa Puurunen (Sulake president) talks about sulake plans (new game coming this year, like habbo) and habbo future.
In the habbo-happy.net (ES Habbo FS) we have another interview, but with some staffs and they talk about the probably new habbo platform (Adobe AIR)
Here is the interview (FI)
And here is the Habbo-happy interview:
Would be great if someone can translate the entire article :p

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This should be easier to read!

An interview with Liisa Puurunen, Sulake's CEO, was published today by Finland's largest circulation newspaper, Helsingin Sanomat. See below the main issues:

Advertising and marketing
Liisa Puurunen said that Habbo has not invested in advertising and marketing activities in Habbo for years. Therefore, the notable drop in users was expected by them. But still, the company has no plans for this in the coming months.
The company's strategy is to bet on the most loyal users so that they generate positive feedback on the game for potential new users

Hotel closing and users

The director cited rumors about the possible closure of Habbo.fi, Sulake's smallest community. She says that Habbo is still a very lucrative product and so there would be no need to close hotels in the next few years. She also said that the number of active players is still in the house of seven digits. By 2015, it had about 2 to 3 million. The large user base is in Brazil, the best market for the company.

New game
A rumor generated by investigators has been confirmed: the Project X. Sulake is in fact working on the development of a new game and will be released in 2018. But Puurunen chose not to give much information about it, but it will be something like Habbo. Evidence indicates that this game is the .
Quoted from

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This should be easier to read!

Quoted from
Easier but not complete, the article maybe have some others informations (maybe not)

Also, i don't think that habbo will be 3d or sulake will close it, i just think that they won't invest in ads because flash end.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Easier but not complete, the article maybe have some others informations (maybe not)

Also, i don't think that habbo will be 3d or sulake will close it, i just think that they won't invest in ads because flash end.

Well stop complaining and make it complete then. It’s clearly quoted from another site as I gave credit to. It’s better English and the face it’s not complete is not an issue. Instead of trying to get the post count up why don’t you complete it?

Anyhow as reported it looks like habbo is making a 3D game, tbh I don’t think it’ll have a lift off and I don’t know how much Sulake would be willing to invest to advertise it. I guess we’ll have to see when they release more information.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, a Finn here. The Puhekupla article was correctly translated.

Can't say I'm surpised as they haven't cared about their users for a long time. I'm not a user in .com, but whenever I visit .fi I can just see how much users hate the Hotel. Everyone is complaining, Hotel is broken, talking is buggy - no one cares. All they're trying to do is milk more money from kids.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Apparantly this 3D Habbo has already launched lol...

Anybody tried it already?
Not this game, this is from another elisa sub-company but not sulake...
They're talking about a new game who will be released this year

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Habbo to make a step over to HTML5 (Unity engine perhaps), maybe this new game that they are talking about will be one of them.

Reaction score
The game's dying, it won't be long before it's gone. They just seem to be milking it as much as they can. Honestly if they were planning to re-code Habbo they would be spending more time in keeping the userbase they have instead of pushing them away from the game. If they brought back gambling, they may be able to bring back some older users; but in saying that, it's all just a thought and who knows. I still pop around here and there to see what's new, and it's just rapidly declining.

Ragezone Furni Releaser
Reaction score
The problem with Sulake is that their current business model is no longer working. Kids don't play games on a PC anymore they are all playing on their smartphones nowadays. I think that a large proportion of the current userbase of Habbo are people who played it when they were younger and are still playing today. Another big problem are retro's. Why would kids play on a game where they have to spend money if they could get the same experience for free somewhere else. Just by typing "Habbo Free" in Google you get a bunch retro's or retro lists so it is not hard to find. Let me explain what I think Sulake should do.

Make something fresh and new.
Like I said, retro's are a huge reason why Sulake is making less revenue of Habbo and there is unfortunately not a solution to this problem. We have seen Sulake trying to find ways to stop retro’s for a decade now and as far as I can see it hasn’t helped at all. I think that they should leave Habbo behind and start something new. This way they can make something fresh which is not an experience the user can find somewhere else.

Put the emphasis on a smartphones.
10 years ago smartphones where unheard-of. People either played video games on a console or on a PC. Habbo is based around that idea. It drew a lot of kids attention with the ‘come play this game for free’ model and gained lots of revenue. But nowadays the browser game market has been shrinking rapidly. Kids play on their smartphones and we can see that the mobile gaming market is growing immensely. Just take a look at this chart which represents the global revenues in the gaming industry in 2017:

B3T4T3ST3 - Sulake talks about habbo future - RaGEZONE Forums

(Source: )

They should focus on this market if they want to make money in the future.

Conclusion
The current business model is no longer working for Sulake. If they want to keep existing in the future they should seriously reconsider there way of working. I am not saying that they should abandon ship with Habbo but they need something else if they want to stay in business.

PS: Note that this is my opinion. I am only trying to express what I think is the best way for Sulake to stay in business. If you disagree or have a different opinion please let me know!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Wonder what kind of game this will be lol. Interested in seeing what it is this time.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
This could be a good future for sulake if they do this right now!

Exicted for upcoming news :8:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my opinion, even if Sulake develops another game it will tank with the general population of users who complain most about Habbo (the users from early to mid 201x's.) If however they were to develop a game and target it to a slightly older userbase it could go over well. For me personally, I left Habbo because they were taking away a lot of the content and features that made the game a winner in my book and this was due to them aiming towards a very young user base. All in all I will check out whatever they do because I've already supported these shits for over half my life and I miss the environment that Habbo was before they bricked the game.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Not the answer to their problems, but it would certainly be cool if they pulled a Jagex and started up oshabbo. They could create the oldschool client with new technologies as it doesn't require as much work as porting the current habbo version.

Create a good economy, sell loads of oldschool rares. Old players would go crazy like with the first year of osrs. Milk it for a year or two and let Habbo die out alltogether.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not the answer to their problems, but it would certainly be cool if they pulled a Jagex and started up oshabbo. They could create the oldschool client with new technologies as it doesn't require as much work as porting the current habbo version.

Create a good economy, sell loads of oldschool rares. Old players would go crazy like with the first year of osrs. Milk it for a year or two and let Habbo die out alltogether.

Haha your idea looks like an collective suicide, but not bad.

Look at this , they probably will switch everything to AIR (Like the apk) :p

Back