Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Cease & Desist anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sulake sent me a c&d 2 days ago that I only found today (they sent it to some old poop email I have that was only registered in the Otaku DB, seems fishy) that shows they don't seem to like my hotel :S

A few others have been sent them too but im not signing anything,what about you? What do you think? Is this a scare tactic or legit

View attachment WarningletterZaphotel.pdf

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sulake sent me a c&d 2 days ago that I only found today (they sent it to some old poop email I have that was only registered in the Otaku DB, seems fishy) that shows they don't seem to like my hotel :S

A few others have been sent them too but im not signing anything,what about you? What do you think? Is this a scare tactic or legit

View attachment 135433

Not meaning to be rude here, but finally Sulake have opened there eyes and are targeting the big hotels. I'd honestly shut down. Best way to get out of the retro scene, and you won't cause yourself anymore problems. If you left it open, then they'd most likely come down on you like a tonne of bricks +1. Seems legit, but never trust anything on the internet.

idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks like they're trying to go after the big guys now, good luck.

Reaction score
Not meaning to be rude here, but finally Sulake have opened there eyes and are targeting the big hotels. I'd honestly shut down. Best way to get out of the retro scene, and you won't cause yourself anymore problems. If you left it open, then they'd most likely come down on you like a tonne of bricks +1. Seems legit, but never trust anything on the internet.

Well it's been over 48 hours now (I only read it an hour or so ago) so we'll see. I'm not going to sign or send anything back, so we can see what happens. I'm interested if they push further, even if to only be able to warn you guys if something does happen to me.

Looks like they're trying to go after the big guys now, good luck.

Thanks. I'll let you know if anything happens, which I doubt it will.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is a good chance Aaron handed over his user db to Sulake.

Or got forced too.. Never doubt what Sulake will do to get money. I know Aaron wouldn't sell it to them, but there's a chance he might have had no choice but to hand it over to them to ease them off his back. I know why there targeting little hotels, it's a smart way there using. But Sulake have claws, they've sharpened them, now we must wait and see when there the next attack is.

Reaction score
Or got forced too.. Never doubt what Sulake will do to get money. I know Aaron wouldn't sell it to them, but there's a chance he might have had no choice but to hand it over to them to ease them off his back. I know why there targeting little hotels, it's a smart way there using. But Sulake have claws, they've sharpened them, now we must wait and see when there the next attack is.

They can't stop Retros. They can put a stop to some of it, but their efforts will fall short eventually. Just watch.

G'nome sayin'
Reaction score
It's funny how they couldn't manage to get your real IPs. But this is definitely legit but probably a scare tactic. I have seen a similar letter sent from Ossi Niiranen back in 2011.

I would take action if I recieved the letter. Just find up something, like confuse Sulake by changing hotel name or something.

But they might use one of those who recieved the letter to show that they actually care, maybe they will take you to court or something.

Good luck and "thanks" for releasing the letter, I'm sure I will recieve alot of these in the coming weeks...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah Sulake has Aarons old databases and the new ones. So I guess they're just browsing it to see if they can contact the big hotels. Maybe make their life easier and let the people that have a big hotel put their email in their signature.

who cares really duck sulake they are nothing but jealous cunts who are pissed at the fact retros can do more than they can dream of

You sir are really retarted.

I bet you would be really scared if Sulake sents you emails and C&D orders to your email and/or host.
Also I think you would immediately take down your hotel when you receive these papers.

xHosts.uk - Windows & Linux VPS - Cosmic Guard
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
You sir are really retarted.

I bet you would be really scared if Sulake sents you emails and C&D orders to your email and/or host.
Also I think you would immediately take down your hotel when you receive these papers.

They can have my address for all i can and write to me, they are just mad because people will use a retro and not get ripped off for £50 for a crappy 500c credits

Reaction score
They can have my address for all i can and write to me, they are just mad because people will use a retro and not get ripped off for £50 for a crappy 500c credits

They are a company. They cannot live from advertisements.

Didn't Otaku reset though?

No the database got corrupted and cmon, Aaron would have some backups right?
You're not going to run a forum without making backups.

xHosts.uk - Windows & Linux VPS - Cosmic Guard
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
They are a company. They cannot live from advertisements.

No the database got corrupted and cmon, Aaron would have some backups right?
You're not going to run a forum without making backups.

They aim something at "teens" but then put it out of a teens price range unless your on a salary of a pro footballer or CEO of a bank the teens can not be spending £50 for such a crappy amount of credits when the rares cost more than 500c, if they kept it within a reasonable pirce maybe people would use habbo

Reaction score
They aim something at "teens" but then put it out of a teens price range unless your on a salary of a pro footballer or CEO of a bank the teens can not be spending £50 for such a crappy amount of credits when the rares cost more than 500c, if they kept it within a reasonable pirce maybe people would use habbo

1) People use Habbo.
2) Habbo is made for teens.
3) You're not forced to buy Habbo credits?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What tdid said is true

No you are not forced to buy credits for what reason whatsoever its just something extra you can buy if you are up to make groups or make your own fancy room where people are able to get in and party and what not Habbo never in all the times that they have been up forced anyone to buy credits

2 Yes Habbo is a place for teenagers and not for people who are older in my opinion assuming that they have a life to live and they should't just waste their whole living sitting on Habbo.

Sure.you can get on it whenever you have nothing to do or you are done working but for me that still sounds pretty because its for teenagers not for dads and moms who are suppose to take care of their child.

People play Habbo because theyneither find the hotel fun or they are just bored and they just need something to take their time away because they are clearly bored out.

So lets face it Johno what you are saying is a little bit stupid and you might just want to back up on what you've previously said because its not making sense and just sounds just not that smart for me ( Instead of saying that it sounds utterly retarded )

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9070 met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back