Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Let's do it! Community Project - Habbo v36+ or Illumina [HTML 5!!]

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Gosh it @Alozi
this thread its so much dead. I think this project haven't any future.
I dream for this :/
Why not start with it and then with the time allowing people to test it out, i think people lost the hype for projects, because 50% of them all here on ragezone has cancelled.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why not start with it and then with the time allowing people to test it out, i think people lost the hype for projects, because 50% of them all here on ragezone has cancelled.

If i had time. And this is a community project. The entire Habbo Community, or a part of it, need to do something. So many emulators. Why not convert all this code, all this emulators in a single maintained project?

We can do this together, but we need break frontiers.
A lot of people here like to code alone. One of the reasons are the arrogance, or other reasons.
Work in a team it's not easy and not simple. I'm ready for that.. Work in team more than 3 years.
But people need to learn to agree with other ideas, from other people.
Need learn code together.
Need learn work in an unified way.

The reason of this community being dying isn't the lack of content.
But it's the wars that never stops.
People fighting without end, an endless war between people and their "opinions"...
People need to learn work together.

And this project need have a great amount of initiative, and we need have an unified way, an unified API, design pattern, design style.

It's what i think.
We need put our ego in a place really far from us.
Only working together this community will survive.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@saamus that won't be easy. And there are just people who don't like working in a team (like me), and a lot of people here barely can program anything (no offence to those people), or they have their own project which they can't/don't want to cancel like Quacky and Das General.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@saamus that won't be easy. And there are just people who don't like working in a team (like me), and a lot of people here barely can program anything (no offence to those people), or they have their own project which they can't/don't want to cancel like Quacky and Das General.

I agree to you. And i remember that Droppy tried to call you to Yupi haha.
Everyone can do what they want.
It's hard work together, i admit.

But personally only together we can do something..

I wish good luck for Quackster, Wesley and you. Personal projects are good for learning, education and more.

;)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If i had time. And this is a community project. The entire Habbo Community, or a part of it, need to do something. So many emulators. Why not convert all this code, all this emulators in a single maintained project?
Yeah your right, this could be so huge as it possible can become.

Even much bigger than Phoenix 3.0 if all emulators becomes one.

The thing is that emu developers may not agree on this because they want their work to stay as their work, and just their work.

But, I believe that one day this gonna happen.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Exactly, Alozi.
"Why work in an emulator of other people?", "Why don't have mine emulator", "My name need to be stamped". Some people think like this. But other people just want to work alone, because many of reasons.

The society learns to us that we're alone, and that the life can give a kick in our butt.
But what ever. Let's remain on topic.

#ontopic
I'm asking who it's interested on this community project. Please answer here.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'm absolutley interested! :elefant:

Reaction score
It's hard work together, i admit.

It's not hard.
best example: Azure
It was a team of 18 devs around the world. Nearly every 12 hours there was a commit on the git. (Jeezuuus..)

Good old days SirJamal TimNL vista4life AntioneFR Rockster12 Diesel Dominicus Xdr Claudio Droppy and so On..

the team needs a kind of leader who leads and manages everything around the project like Claudio and Jamal did.

btw the reason why azure died was of the ego of some ppl on the team afterwards and some new guys who fucked the structure.

OT:

I like your Idea. I'm intrested in this poop.

Reaction score
It's not hard.
It was a team of 18 devs around the world. Nearly every 12 hours there was a commit on the git. (Jeezuuus..)

Good old days @SirJamal @TimNL @vista4life @AntioneFR @Rockster12 @Diesel @Dominicus Xdr Claudio @Droppy and so On..

the team needs a kind of leader who leads and manages everything around the project like Claudio and Jamal did.

btw the reason why azure died was of the ego of some ppl on the team afterwards and some new guys who fucked the structure.

OT:

Azure is actually the worst example, it was programmed with such a rush (and I bet without much communication), it turned out to be complete utter poop, every feature it has is only completed for 50-80% or is just not working the way it's supposed to.

Reaction score
Azure is actually the worst example, it was programmed with such a rush (and I bet without much communication), it turned out to be complete utter poop, every feature it has is only completed for 50-80% or is just not working the way it's supposed to.

Azure wasn't originally rushed. They started to accept every renamer in the book, and thus started to lose control.

Good luck with the project, OP.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not hard.

Good old days @SirJamal @TimNL @vista4life @AntioneFR @Rockster12 @Diesel @Dominicus Xdr Claudio @Droppy and so On..

OT:

I'm Claudio, lol.

And some members of the team made the whole project die. Like your Dominicus

Observation.: The project was going well only with the initial members. Sir Jamal, masterxdr, TyrexFr, you, mike, etc.

With those new members.. Always, here it's not Azure blah blah thread.

Keep focused.
I'm asking who it's interested on this, and who have time to code/develop this.

Observation2.: I was the leader and creator of Azure poop, not Jamal, only to remember. And i'm as leader know HOW IT`S DIFFICULT WORK IN TEAM.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Why does every thread turn into an azure thread... Don't take it as an example.

@saamus You suggested this project, it's only natural that you have to come up with suggestions.

I will help you out by giving these suggestions:

• Is there already an isometric Javascript lib that allows you to render the game?
  • What libraries will be used for the HTML?
  • Where will the open-source project be hosted?
  • Which version are you going to work on?
  • How are you going to get the assets?
  • Which features have priority etc...

Consider these things before you plan on working on the server. Getting a demo done would be nice.

Reaction score

@saamus You suggested this project, it's only natural that you have to come up with suggestions.

Just wanted to give my input on this one :)

• Is there already an isometric Javascript lib that allows you to render the game?

I did some quick googling about this and found some decent libraries for it.

I'm not saying those are good. I once wanted to use PIXI.JS just because it's so easy to use and lightweight. + Supports most features to correctly render figures/furnitures (see more below).

Even thought I highly discourage the use of html elements to render the room and/or ui. It is possible but with technical difficulties.

I'm sure this might be the real issue with this idea. But why recreate furnitures? Why not convert existing furnitures and/or figures from Habbo? I once started to write a tool to generate JSON data with Spritesheets from the SWF's. Which could be loaded by XHR and IMG.
Most 2D engines, for example PIXI.JS, can load spritesheet files.

When doing this. I also suggest you look at how furnitures / figures are rendered, it's quite a deal in some cases...

Consider these things before you plan on working on the server. Getting a demo done would be nice.

My last suggestion is that there is a plan to work this out. Because headless starting this project will end nowhere.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

• Where will the open-source project be hosted?
  • Which version are you going to work on?
  • Which features have priority etc...

Good points. Okay, will create a list with some points.

Community Project
discussion points

Which Version the Community Project will be based?
the community project will be based on Habbo Illumina Design, not based on a specific version. In terms of features we're planning to base in the "Habbo Beta" concept. Which it's good in term of features and design. The general UI will be based on Habbo Illumina and completed with Pre-Shuffle parts. We also will add some custom features based in actual Habbo features.
Some of those features were planned for Habbo Illumina but only coded in Post-Shuffle and actual Habbo releases.

Those features are:

• Habbo Helper Tools
  • Habbo Stream Notifications
  • Habbo Camera (not Elisa Habbo Stories)
  • Habbo Center (only planned on Illumina, never coded)

Where the software will be hosted?
The software it's planned to be totally open source. Hosted on GitHub platform. Backups can be hosted on GitLab. We plan tu use Continuous Integration e Build Tests Softwares. If we choose Java as language we can use Jenkins. The software will be Apache2/MIT licensed, and follow Agile Software Development standards, such also Scrum Project Management. Our idea, it's non-stop issue tracking. The software also will have nightly builds and follow versioning methodologies. We can use a lot of C&I's, C&C's platforms for Code Coverage and Continuous Integration. In case of C# we will made it compatible with Mono and use only NuGET. In case of Java we will use Maven.

How the Client will handle Assets?
This it's a critical thing. And need be correctly planned. Initially the songs will be in AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) and the component assets in SVG. The reason of SVG it's the high fidelity image quality, and easy programmable images. The entire asset rotations/angles will be available in the image. Each asset will have a info file that says all available rotations/effects/more. And the position of each thing. The most complex thing are assets with effects. This case they need be high-quality gif's. One of the good thing it's that Habbo relays on 16bit colors. Being easy to convert it to GIF Animations. The assets will be requested by HTTP Protocol (REST), and being managed by an Asset Manager in the Client side.

How the Communication between Client & Emulator it's planned to Happen?
The communication initially will be in WebSocket, secured by TLS + WSS (WebSocket Security). The packets will follow a similar structure from the Habbo way. And will be probably with WireEncoding and Base64 Encoding. Since it's simply to encode/decoding it.

Will this Project have a CMS?
No. The register, news, login and all CMS features will be directly in the "Client". Since the Client it's in HTML5, no need of a CMS it's required. Server will control all Registrations/Logins and User Data, like as if you was playing. Login Controllers can be like Habbo Illumina concept or Old School Habbo.

Which Main Features we will do, and which have priority?
The priority it's coding the Client Core and Server Core. Remaining in Security and all basic Models. The Database, Communication, Security, Authentication, Caching, Workers, Data Managers, Pathfinding, Filtering, Mutant, Logging, Error Threat related things are in the top of the priority.
After those being concluded. The Registration/Login/Request Data and entire basic Packet Library will be coded. A defined Documentation API with the structure of the Packets need be documented in the GitHub Wiki. It's totally important those documentations, with Structure Specifications.

Following other important Features (in order) are:

1. User Data
  2. Room Data
  3. User Management
  4. User Management in Room
  5. Friend List/Console
  6. Room Settings/Edit Room Settings
  7. Enter Room/Walk Room
  8. User Effects/User Actions
  9. Change Clothes/Clothes Management
  10. Catalogue
  11. And the list continues...

How the JavaScript and Game motion will happen?
Some popular engines are:

• Phaser
  • PlayCanvas
  • Construct2 (Scirra)

We need manage if we will use a Game Engine, or build our own Game Engine. This need be discussed futurely. And it's an important topic.

Which Language and Libraries will the Emulator be coded?
Possible languages

• Python
  • Java
  • C#
  • C++
  • Swift
  • NodeJS
  • PHP
  • F#
  • D

We need exactly discuss what will happen.
For C++ we have Boost as main library.
Java has Apache Libraries, Hibernate, Netty.
C# as NHibernate, log4Net, DotNetty, SuperSocket, etc.

How will the Client be Designed?
This need be defined correctly with precision. We will use external_variables? local languages like external_flash_texts? The UI components will be like Assets? How the Client Core and external requests will happen?
It's totally important to define that, with exactly precision.

Thanks! For support this project.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Nice plan @saamus but you are already adding a lot of constraints. Don't say if we use this language then we use this etc. Go with a more open approach. Only add things if they are needed.

I suggest to focus on the client first. First we should build a client that fully works without an server. Showing the room based on data from memory displaying the navigator. (not sure what it is called since I haven't played habbo since 2010 ish).

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice plan @saamus but you are already adding a lot of constraints. Don't say if we use this language then we use this etc. Go with a more open approach. Only add things if they are needed.

I suggest to focus on the client first. First we should build a client that fully works without an server. Showing the room based on data from memory displaying the navigator. (not sure what it is called since I haven't played habbo since 2010 ish).

Good idea. We can simulate a server with a simple PHP code and Mock Data.
I agree that the Client it's really important now.

Yeah, forgive me about those constraints. But they aren't constraints.. Only suggestions.. (forgive me if i explained in a wrong way).
I listed some HTML5 Game Engines but didn't searched in they about the features. We need check if those Game Engines are sufficient for what we need.

Construct2 appears to be a Game Maker. You don't code. This is bad, limit us to what the GameMaker can do. Whatever, still the best way its creating something for us. From scratch. But will be difficult. Need a good project design, software design. And see a top-down hierarchy of the entire ecosystem of the client. Client will be the biggest deal. We're lazy people. We do every year tons of Emulators. But we rarely does a client. The onliest clients were some alpha HTML5 clients.

Jabbo was a good example (http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/jabbo-v3-1-javascript-habbo-912294/)

Resuming. Client will be a big deal. We need discuss how we will do this. But we need a active developer team.

Update CodeDragon recommended, to use Isometric Game Engines. I'm researching what this means. But basically it's 3D projection in 2D games. Personally i understood nothing about games. Soo..

Some recommendations:
http://www.isogenicengine.com
http://jdan.github.io/isomer/

Updated MAIN Thread ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll be happy to help in any way.

For the isometrics, we can also use Phaser with

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll be happy to help in any way.

For the isometrics, we can also use Phaser with

Thanks Boraida. Liked it. But we actually need Designers, Web Designers and Web Developers to we start developing the Client. We need do a CORE prototype, also Communication Prototype (with a fake server in PHP that sends Mock Data)
Also we need jSON and WebSocket experts.
Also we need Habbo experts, and Assets experts. Flash experts. Anyways...

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks @Boraida. Liked it. But we actually need Designers, Web Designers and Web Developers to we start developing the Client. We need do a CORE prototype, also Communication Prototype (with a fake server in PHP that sends Mock Data)
Also we need jSON and WebSocket experts.
Also we need Habbo experts, and Assets experts. Flash experts. Anyways...

You just need the assets and the knowledge on how to draw stuff the the screen. You're better off looking for people who have a decent knowledge of JavaScript. Json is really simple. The serialization functions are built-in in most modern languages.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You just need the assets and the knowledge on how to draw stuff the the screen. You're better off looking for people who have a decent knowledge of JavaScript. Json is really simple. The serialization functions are built-in in most modern languages.

This project actually have a seriously Human Resources problem. The question isn't "what need to know", but "who will help"...
:$:

Back