Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private What about a emulator in a language like Go?

Software Engineer
Reaction score
A language like Go? There's no such thing ;) As others have said you can write it in any language, most pick the language they're most familiar with or would find easiest to work with as they learn said language. We got into .NET because of Jeax and Nillus. Jeax was first, and he drew Nillus into .NET then Nillus went with C#. Eventually someone messed with Java and that happened. Now we have had C++ projects, and if you persist Go. You should really make a development thread if you're going to pursue this properly.

Reaction score
A language like Go? There's no such thing ;) As others have said you can write it in any language, most pick the language they're most familiar with or would find easiest to work with as they learn said language. We got into .NET because of Jeax and Nillus. Jeax was first, and he drew Nillus into .NET then Nillus went with C#. Eventually someone messed with Java and that happened. Now we have had C++ projects, and if you persist Go. You should really make a development thread if you're going to pursue this properly.

I have a early base of the server, i can publish it but i need to recode some things that i have learn trying things. But i only want to publish the base, I only like programming things like database, emu-core, sockets, etc... Not habbo parts...

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I have a early base of the server, i can publish it but i need to recode some things that i have learn trying things. But i only want to publish the base, I only like programming things like database, emu-core, sockets, etc... Not habbo parts...

That's what a development thread is for. The rules don't say anything against a base. Doubt anyone will bother all the way though. Go is very annoying syntatically and Google doesn't own Go, Google employees made it, huge difference, they merely back the language but it is fully led by the devs and they are very eccentric in decisions, reminds me of some things people dislike about Guido's decisions with Python but I learn to love Python because it doesn't get in my way as much as Go does. I rather use Rust or D personally.

Reaction score
That's what a development thread is for. The rules don't say anything against a base. Doubt anyone will bother all the way though. Go is very annoying syntatically and Google doesn't own Go, Google employees made it, huge difference, they merely back the language but it is fully led by the devs and they are very eccentric in decisions, reminds me of some things people dislike about Guido's decisions with Python but I learn to love Python because it doesn't get in my way as much as Go does. I rather use Rust or D personally.

More than eccentric I would say that they want to make Go a different language, not something like Java, C # or things like that in the end the way to code them is the same. For example, the interfaces of Go are different than in Java and C #, just as object-oriented programming is not done by classes. I also like that it is a young language, being born recently has a long way to make decisions that favor or worsen language, not like other ancient languages ​​that already have a deifinicion of what they are, and will not improve as much could make it a new language in which many decisions made by the Go programmers themselves from their github page.

I hope you can understand me, I tried to write in English as best I could, i'm spanish.

PD: I understand you like python... Who don;t like python and his syntaxis? :p

Reaction score
but I learn to love Python

After doing half a year of deep learning I changed my mind about python. It's so usefull and easy to write quick script. Reading files takes two lines. Good luck trying to accomplish that in Java or C# or pretty much any other language.

I just hate the syntax and the lack of types in the code.

Reaction score
After doing half a year of deep learning I changed my mind about python. It's so usefull and easy to write quick script. Reading files takes two lines. Good luck trying to accomplish that in Java or C# or pretty much any other language.

I just hate the syntax and the lack of types in the code.
Code:
[COLOR=blue]string[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] readText = File.ReadAllText(path);
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Console.WriteLine(readText);
[/COLOR]
uh?

or

Code:
foreach (string line in System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(@"test.txt"))
{
Console.WriteLine(line);
}

Reaction score
I mean this:

Code:
try (BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(file))) {
    String line;
    while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {
       // process the line.
    }
}

vs

Code:
for line in open('myfile','r').readlines():
    print(line)

But thing is, Python has a great amount of modules for pretty much anything you would like to do. I think its cool.

Reaction score
I mean this:

Code:
try (BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(file))) {
    String line;
    while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {
       // process the line.
    }
}

vs

Code:
    print(line)

But thing is, Python has a great amount of modules for pretty much anything you would like to do. I think its cool.

Code:
    print(line)
==

Code:
foreach (string line in File.ReadAllLines("myfile"))
{
Console.WriteLine(line);
}
or you can even remove bracets in this case. But I got your point

Software Engineer
Reaction score
More than eccentric I would say that they want to make Go a different language, not something like Java, C # or things like that in the end the way to code them is the same. For example, the interfaces of Go are different than in Java and C #, just as object-oriented programming is not done by classes. I also like that it is a young language, being born recently has a long way to make decisions that favor or worsen language, not like other ancient languages ​​that already have a deifinicion of what they are, and will not improve as much could make it a new language in which many decisions made by the Go programmers themselves from their github page.

I hope you can understand me, I tried to write in English as best I could, i'm spanish.

PD: I understand you like python... Who don;t like python and his syntaxis? :p

The problem is that the owners of Go have made their minds up about certain things an will never change their minds about those things. This is awful. Rust is more welcoming of new concepts and is growing VERY rapidly and has more strengths than Go. I will happily translate it to Spanish if needed. Go is only more popular than Rust cause it beat it out the door. D is fully open sourced at the compiler level officially (some components were owned by Symantek) I'm placing my bet on either D or Rust and I like D more for the power I get e.g.

Code:
import std.algorithm, std.stdio, std.range, std.conv;
void main()
{
    stdin
        .byLine
        .filter!(s => !s.empty && s.front != '#') // Filter with this lambda function
        .map!(s => s.to!double) // Map the strings to doubles
        .array // Sorting needs random access
        .sort!((a, b) => a < b) // Another lambda
        .take(10) // Applyable to any range
        .writeln;
}

All from a natively compiled language that is a rework of C++. That code snippet was written by someone who loves Python and sees D as a compiled Python alternative :) Of course Julia is another compiled Python.

Edit:

Also opening files:

Code:
    auto file = File("file.txt"); // Open for reading
    const wordCount = file.byLine()            // Read lines
                          .map!split           // Split into words
                          .map!(a => a.length) // Count words per line
                          .sum();              // Total word count
    writeln(wordCount);

Can be a lot simpler. ;)

Reaction score
hi whats the best emulator to be using right now and why are u all over-complicating stuff, just stick to what you know (and in this section it seems to be C# and Java)

Reaction score
The problem is that the owners of Go have made their minds up about certain things an will never change their minds about those things. This is awful. Rust is more welcoming of new concepts and is growing VERY rapidly and has more strengths than Go. I will happily translate it to Spanish if needed. Go is only more popular than Rust cause it beat it out the door. D is fully open sourced at the compiler level officially (some components were owned by Symantek) I'm placing my bet on either D or Rust and I like D more for the power I get e.g.

Code:
import std.algorithm, std.stdio, std.range, std.conv;
void main()
{
    stdin
        .byLine
        .filter!(s => !s.empty && s.front != '#') // Filter with this lambda function
        .map!(s => s.to!double) // Map the strings to doubles
        .array // Sorting needs random access
        .sort!((a, b) => a < b) // Another lambda
        .take(10) // Applyable to any range
        .writeln;
}

All from a natively compiled language that is a rework of C++. That code snippet was written by someone who loves Python and sees D as a compiled Python alternative :) Of course Julia is another compiled Python.

Edit:

Also opening files:

Code:
    auto file = File("file.txt"); // Open for reading
    const wordCount = file.byLine()            // Read lines
                          .map!split           // Split into words
                          .map!(a => a.length) // Count words per line
                          .sum();              // Total word count
    writeln(wordCount);

Can be a lot simpler. ;)

Wow, your first code is simply beautifull. But as a point i think hand-made functions will be faster than lambda. Probably i will publish GopheR (Te HH base in Go) and will see if the community accept and use it.

Ty for you comments Moogly, i always love reading people like you :3

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
hi whats the best emulator to be using right now and why are u all over-complicating stuff, just stick to what you know (and in this section it seems to be C# and Java)

This threat is about discovering new languages. It has had some very good points and comments. If we stuck to C# and Java we would not move on at all. There is no point making comments like that for post count.

Also use another threat to ask for a emulator, this one is not for that.

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Wow, your first code is simply beautifull. But as a point i think hand-made functions will be faster than lambda. Probably i will publish GopheR (Te HH base in Go) and will see if the community accept and use it.

Ty for you comments Moogly, i always love reading people like you :3

Glad you like it, btw those expressions a good number of them can be parsed at compile time ;) D has powerful templating capabilities like in C++ (at least I hope C++ is as powerful as D?)

Reaction score
Half of the developers of Retros: What is more powerful - D or C++?|
Another half of the developers of Retros: Hey guys, check my new exlcusive command :buttsniff

Reaction score
I always asked myself why there never was a "WinForm" Emulator for Habbo, is it because of waste of memory, or just lazy enough to make a good-looking emulator instead of just a console, the only one I remember was SnowLight Emulator there in 2012

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I always asked myself why there never was a "WinForm" Emulator for Habbo, is it because of waste of memory, or just lazy enough to make a good-looking emulator instead of just a console, the only one I remember was SnowLight Emulator there in 2012

The first servers were written in VB6 and used Forms, the section went trough a long evolution.

There is not really a need for a GUI on a server. However I do agree that the scene is lacking remote management tools. It is a good choice to not create those because these will only introduce more security flaws.

Software Engineer
Reaction score
The first servers were written in VB6 and used Forms, the section went trough a long evolution.

There is not really a need for a GUI on a server. However I do agree that the scene is lacking remote management tools. It is a good choice to not create those because these will only introduce more security flaws.

If done correctly they shouldn't but I do agree. I have in the past added remote management tooling to the Butterfly Emulator we used for Zap ages back, never got to release that code though. Lost that code since, wouldn't be impossible to accomplish. Emulators can have GUI tooling done right though. I'm working on a project that will involve a bit of more user-friendliness in the setup and management department.

Back