What about a emulator in a language like Go?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    918Posts

Re: What about a emulator in a language like Go?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by Livar View Post
    hi whats the best emulator to be using right now and why are u all over-complicating stuff, just stick to what you know (and in this section it seems to be C# and Java)
    Debbo v3.5

MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    62Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogly View Post
    The problem is that the owners of Go have made their minds up about certain things an will never change their minds about those things. This is awful. Rust is more welcoming of new concepts and is growing VERY rapidly and has more strengths than Go. I will happily translate it to Spanish if needed. Go is only more popular than Rust cause it beat it out the door. D is fully open sourced at the compiler level officially (some components were owned by Symantek) I'm placing my bet on either D or Rust and I like D more for the power I get e.g.

Code:
    import std.algorithm, std.stdio, std.range, std.conv;
    void main()
    {
        stdin
            .byLine
            .filter!(s => !s.empty && s.front != '#') // Filter with this lambda function
            .map!(s => s.to!double) // Map the strings to doubles
            .array // Sorting needs random access
            .sort!((a, b) => a < b) // Another lambda
            .take(10) // Applyable to any range
            .writeln;
    }
    All from a natively compiled language that is a rework of C++. That code snippet was written by someone who loves Python and sees D as a compiled Python alternative :) Of course Julia is another compiled Python.

Edit:

Also opening files:

Code:
        auto file = File("file.txt"); // Open for reading
        const wordCount = file.byLine()            // Read lines
                              .map!split           // Split into words
                              .map!(a => a.length) // Count words per line
                              .sum();              // Total word count
        writeln(wordCount);
    Can be a lot simpler. ;)
    Wow, your first code is simply beautifull. But as a point i think hand-made functions will be faster than lambda. Probably i will publish GopheR (Te HH base in Go) and will see if the community accept and use it.

Ty for you comments Moogly, i always love reading people like you :3

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,347Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Debbo v3.5
    atleast provide dcrs wtf :(

True MemberRank
    Jun 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    275Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livar View Post
    hi whats the best emulator to be using right now and why are u all over-complicating stuff, just stick to what you know (and in this section it seems to be C# and Java)
    This threat is about discovering new languages. It has had some very good points and comments. If we stuck to C# and Java we would not move on at all. There is no point making comments like that for post count.

Also use another threat to ask for a emulator, this one is not for that.

Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Vault 111Location
    2,336Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amariconao View Post
    Wow, your first code is simply beautifull. But as a point i think hand-made functions will be faster than lambda. Probably i will publish GopheR (Te HH base in Go) and will see if the community accept and use it.

Ty for you comments Moogly, i always love reading people like you :3
    Glad you like it, btw those expressions a good number of them can be parsed at compile time ;) D has powerful templating capabilities like in C++ (at least I hope C++ is as powerful as D?)

True MemberRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    EstoniaLocation
    574Posts

Half of the developers of Retros: What is more powerful - D or C++?|
    Another half of the developers of Retros: Hey guys, check my new exlcusive command :buttsniff

MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    64Posts

I always asked myself why there never was a "WinForm" Emulator for Habbo, is it because of waste of memory, or just lazy enough to make a good-looking emulator instead of just a console, the only one I remember was SnowLight Emulator there in 2012

ModeratorRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    2,468Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxMurphyxX View Post
    I always asked myself why there never was a "WinForm" Emulator for Habbo, is it because of waste of memory, or just lazy enough to make a good-looking emulator instead of just a console, the only one I remember was SnowLight Emulator there in 2012
    The first servers were written in VB6 and used Forms, the section went trough a long evolution.

There is not really a need for a GUI on a server. However I do agree that the scene is lacking remote management tools. It is a good choice to not create those because these will only introduce more security flaws.
    Moderator & Developer
    I CAN NOT HELP YOU WITH YOUR SERVER, USE THE CORRECT HELP SECTION INSTEAD.
    I AM ONLY TAIGA ON RAGEZONE!
    BE CAREFUL WITH IMPOSTORS!

DO NOT PM ME FOR GAME RELATED QUESTIONS, THESE MESSAGES WILL BE IGNORED!

The Rules | Discord | MMORPG Extra | Contact Me

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

Debbo dude.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

Alpha MaleRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Vault 111Location
    2,336Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    The first servers were written in VB6 and used Forms, the section went trough a long evolution.

There is not really a need for a GUI on a server. However I do agree that the scene is lacking remote management tools. It is a good choice to not create those because these will only introduce more security flaws.
    If done correctly they shouldn't but I do agree. I have in the past added remote management tooling to the Butterfly Emulator we used for Zap ages back, never got to release that code though. Lost that code since, wouldn't be impossible to accomplish. Emulators can have GUI tooling done right though. I'm working on a project that will involve a bit of more user-friendliness in the setup and management department.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EarthLocation
    508Posts

A GUI based emulator is a waste of time. You could better use a CLI and RCON (Arcturus) and support the options you would use in the GUI (like in Debbo) in a system that might be reachable for the people who need it like a Housekeeping for example.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement