Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Want to fix the Habbo section?

Rogu3
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
All I see in the "Retro Habbo Chat" section, are people complaining about how it's changed so much. They are tired of "nooby" developers creating renames and crappy edits. I want to tell you how to fix this problem.

Step 1 - Stop complaining, and take action!
Complaining will get you nowhere. Nobody cares what you think in most cases. Do something about it instead of complaining. The old days are GONE, they are not coming back. By complaining about things not being the way they used to be, you are helping this section take steps backwards. The old days were not great obviously, remember we would not have landed here if it weren't for the "old days".

If you are a developer, TAKE ACTION. Stop complaining and start developing. You, as a developer, have the ultimate ability to glorify this section. You have the ability to move this section forward. Create your own development OR team up with other prominent devs and create something spectacular. Stop waiting for someone else to do something. Stop piggybacking on other people's work, and start making your own. Only you can prevent the downfall of this section. This section should not look forward to going back to the "Old Days", we should look forward to being better than the "Old Days".

If you are not a developer, but a frequent user, you have a responsibility to TAKE ACTION too. Don't accept garbage anymore. For too long, the users of this section have accepted utter GARBAGE. Some unknown crappy developer changes the name of an emulator or CMS, and you guys just say well I guess we will use this crappy one until someone releases something slightly less crappy. Just because it's something new, does not mean it is something good. If you look at other development sections on RaGEZONE, they do not accept garbage. Developers have to earn their keep, developers have to earn their respect. Here if someone releases a picture of a nice emulator, they get treated like a God (Exaggeration). The point is stop accepting garbage, if you are content with your current emulator or CMS, do not switch because another one is nicer. This also goes for the developers.

Step 2 - If you don't like it, don't accept it.
A forum is meant to be a place where it's users have a voice. If you are not happy with the way things are going, tell someone! Let's say you think a rule should be put in place, contact a moderator. Let's say you are not sure if you should post something, ask a moderator. Moderators and other staff are here to help you. We are not dictators, and we are not here to run the section, we are here to help and improve the section. Whatever it may be, contact us, we want to help.

Step 3 - Report, Report, Report.
If there is a problem with another user, report it. Don't start an all out battle with them and get everyone involved. You will only end up looking like an ***hole. It's okay to be a "tattle tale" here, and report the person. Otherwise, you expect the moderators to search for the problem, or we are forced to clean up the aftermath. Let us cut the snake off at it's head. If we can stop the problem before it escalates, we can save a lot of time. Otherwise, we are forced to scroll down the page and delete hundreds of posts. You have a voice, but you may not be moderators. So, don't take matters into your own hands.

Step 4 - Teach & Learn.
You may be an expert at one thing, but you don't know everything. Instead of trying to correct everyone else. Try learning something. Learn from other users and developers. That will ultimately help the section. Also, teach other people, don't flame them for being a "noob". You don't need a resume to join RaGEZONE's forums, so don't expect everyone to be a genius because you aren't one yourself. Instead of calling someone a noob, teach them. We need growth, and calling them a noob will get us nowhere. Think about it, what you teach someone today, they won't have to learn from someone else tomorrow. You may answer 10 people's question in one post, instead of calling them a noob, and we end up having 10 posts asking the same question.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

If all you plan to do after this is continue to complain, you might as well just quit. You aren't helping the situation. Don't wait for others to step up to the plate, take action.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have done a great job with writing this post.
Hopefully people will start to take action. Beside that, there is only thing left to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Please don't include step 3. My reports stay open for several days and I have to poke HabMoon in order to get them handled as it seems like you're not really active.

This is just another useless "What can we do to revive this section" and the answer is simple, you cannot do anything. People turned selfish and only doing poop for the money like Leon and so are there others. You cannot change it, this section is doomed to die. The only thing you can do is reporting people that do this all for the money to sulake. Just send any personal information you know about them to: legal@sulake.com

Nuff said.

Rogu3
Reaction score
The General

Let me just say something, and I'll start off with a compliment. You are one of the few users who sticks with this section through thick and thin. You may not think there is hope for it. I personally believe you do hope this section will be revived. If you had no hope, you would have quit the first time all the Developers decided to drop out. You are one of the only users who reports every rule violation they see. You are one of the only good developers left who still develops anything for this section.

You may not like me, and others may not like you, but I want to applaud you for the good you've done for this section.

All I want to say is, stop complaining so much man. You complain about so much little bullcrap, and I don't mean reports. Just stop it man, you are one of the only people who actually can do something to help this section. Stop complaining, and start developing something. Every time you complain about Leon selling his work, I want to punch a baby. You're right he shouldn't sell his work, but you, of all people, have the ability, as a developer, to 1-Up him. Don't complain about what he does, make something better, and release it for free. This is directed not only towards you, but all developers. I understand, people are assholes, but who cares? Nobody. That's why when you complain, it serves no purpose. Make something better, 1-Up him. When you do, his work will move down to the bottom, and yours will rise above. Plus, anyone who buys his work is as bad, if not worse, then him. Users can't accept garbage, but they have no choice if that's all that is out there. That's why developers need to give users a choice.

As for your complaints about me, I have been inactive lately, and there are reasons for that. I can do better, and I am working on being a better Moderator for this section. I don't have to, but I will explain my current situation. I moderate six different sections including the very busy Habbo section, I am a full-time student, I have a part-time job, and I own a Habbo retro. Currently, I'm working to decrease my workload, and I am thinking about dropping the moderation of a few sections. For a while, RaGEZONE just wasn't a priority, but it is now. On top of that, you know how it is with reports. They come spewing in, especially in sections like this. I am already trying hard to do what I can now, and I will work to improve my performance as a moderator.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The amount of ebola this section carries is non-cureable. So, imo, just stop caring whether you're a developer or not.

Reaction score
The amount of ebola this section carries is non-cureable. So, imo, just stop caring whether you're a developer or not.

I think we need more Ebola up in here to destroy the cancer from the inside out.

Good post, I agree. The section was a lot better when the Moderators themselves were contributing and developing too, instead of just coming here to do their job. As Staff I think you guys set a bigger example than anybody, and instead of just instructing people on what to do to fix this section, maybe you should be doing it too.

If we had actual developer moderators here who knew how Habbo worked, it could help a lot of the noobs coming here for help and because they'd know the ins and outs of retros, they'd be able to easily clean up the un-needed poop we seem to accumulate daily.

I personally think there's no hope - the newer generation of retro kids just don't appreciate anything that's done for them, and expect to be spoon-fed at every corner. Back in the good days, people were appreciative, nice, they didn't want to use you for money or gain your trust in order to mess your hotel up. You didn't log on in the morning and find that your hotel has been hacked by some idiot for your 10 users, sign into facebook and find your dox and 500 statuses of hate from random kids who never go outside.

As the world changes, so does the online community. There's my two cents, anyway.

Rogu3
Reaction score
I think we need more Ebola up in here to destroy the cancer from the inside out.

Good post, I agree. The section was a lot better when the Moderators themselves were contributing and developing too, instead of just coming here to do their job. As Staff I think you guys set a bigger example than anybody, and instead of just instructing people on what to do to fix this section, maybe you should be doing it too.

If we had actual developer moderators here who knew how Habbo worked, it could help a lot of the noobs coming here for help and because they'd know the ins and outs of retros, they'd be able to easily clean up the un-needed poop we seem to accumulate daily.

I personally think there's no hope - the newer generation of retro kids just don't appreciate anything that's done for them, and expect to be spoon-fed at every corner. Back in the good days, people were appreciative, nice, they didn't want to use you for money or gain your trust in order to mess your hotel up. You didn't log on in the morning and find that your hotel has been hacked by some idiot for your 10 users, sign into facebook and find your dox and 500 statuses of hate from random kids who never go outside.

As the world changes, so does the online community. There's my two cents, anyway.
I'm still learning myself, and I am trying to become a developer. I don't want to release garbage though. I think one of the huge differences from back in the day was that back then people would not be proud of everything they did. Now, even if they make one slight edit, they release it with a different name and call it their own. That's what really damages the section. People just release every little thing they do.

If I'm going to release something, it's not going to be something that's been done before. It's not going to be something you see every day like "RevCMS Edit", "Mercury Edit", "Edit", "Edit", "Edit". I'd rather release something great that's finished for the most part than something that I'm going to get 100 hate posts, 100 thanks posts, and 1000 "bugs" that are actually isolated incidents within their own hotels. Then, get 1000 posts about how I should release the rest of the components like groups, forums, and HK when I should have waited to release it completely in the first place.

Ragezone Furni Releaser
Reaction score
I'm still learning myself, and I am trying to become a developer. I don't want to release garbage though. I think one of the huge differences from back in the day was that back then people would not be proud of everything they did. Now, even if they make one slight edit, they release it with a different name and call it their own. That's what really damages the section. People just release every little thing they do.

If I'm going to release something, it's not going to be something that's been done before. It's not going to be something you see every day like "RevCMS Edit", "Mercury Edit", "Edit", "Edit", "Edit". I'd rather release something great that's finished for the most part than something that I'm going to get 100 hate posts, 100 thanks posts, and 1000 "bugs" that are actually isolated incidents within their own hotels. Then, get 1000 posts about how I should release the rest of the components like groups, forums, and HK when I should have waited to release it completely in the first place.

I am still learning how to code stuff for habbo.
I am working on a new emulator coded from scratch but it wil take time to learn everything and all parts.

Reaction score

It's not even about being a developer though. I'm not attacking you as a Moderator here really, but, I hardly see you posting your opinion on threads or contributing towards help threads. You seem to occasionally, but I think you could do it more.

If you need help learning, flick me a pm btw ;)

Rogu3
Reaction score
It's not even about being a developer though. I'm not attacking you as a Moderator here really, but, I hardly see you posting your opinion on threads or contributing towards help threads. You seem to occasionally, but I think you could do it more.

If you need help learning, flick me a pm btw ;)

I try, but sometimes I come on to so many reports (not complaining) that after closing them all out I'm not in the mood to even be on RZ for the rest of the day.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
People just blindly accept garbage.. Nothing you can do about it.. People are just lazy or unskilled to be aware of the problems the garbage can cause.

My developer skills started in this section for me, it's a shame the good developers left but to be hones, the great goals are already achieved in this section. None wants to do work all over again simply because it already has been done. I think there need to be new goals in order to get this section back on it's track.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The problem is that these releases often are only renames, because litte children managed to change the copyright message and think they are cool now...

About the outdated and not being able to emulate it:
It is totally possible to emulate the current version of Habbo, but the problem is that Sulake finally came up with an idea how they could slow us down drastically: They started to shuffle the package id with every release of their SWF. So everytime they do only a small update, the coders in this sections have to start packagelogging all over again to find the new IDs...

Aside from not having much time, this is the main reason, why I never started contributing to the section...

But by now with the possibility of writing our own Client in HTML5 (See dev section), the devs can go different ways and start focusing on code again instead of having to focus on package-IDs...

What is the big issue exactly? Lack of development?

I see hundreds of habbo servers and releases, are they outdated and people can't emulate the newest version of the game or something?

Kinda interested in this as I'm currently looking for something new to do...
~ Jangan

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To improve Habbo Section is the same to improve the Tutorials sections. There are very few quality tutorials about the most specific Habbo Development procedures. They die with the old developers. Doing join.me while developing is also good. I remember no one doing it but Quackster and Me. We have people skilled enough to learn (not many through).

Reaction score
The problem is that these releases often are only renames, because litte children managed to change the copyright message and think they are cool now...

About the outdated and not being able to emulate it:
It is totally possible to emulate the current version of Habbo, but the problem is that Sulake finally came up with an idea how they could slow us down drastically: They started to shuffle the package id with every release of their SWF. So everytime they do only a small update, the coders in this sections have to start packagelogging all over again to find the new IDs...

Aside from not having much time, this is the main reason, why I never started contributing to the section...

But by now with the possibility of writing our own Client in HTML5 (See dev section), the devs can go different ways and start focusing on code again instead of having to focus on package-IDs...

There is a way to detect those changes actually, and can be done at a fast speed.

Its the same concept that jagex-runescape follows, yet bots update their opcodes and ids instantly by reflecting the client. So the same could be done in habbo... just requires a lot of disecting to time.

Thanks for replying to my questions.
~ Jangan

Reaction score
To improve Habbo Section is the same to improve the Tutorials sections. There are very few quality tutorials about the most specific Habbo Development procedures. They die with the old developers. Doing join.me while developing is also good. I remember no one doing it but Quackster and Me. We have people skilled enough to learn (not many through).

If I had a proper upload speed I would've done join.me of my emulator development so people could also learn from it and the process I do.

What is the big issue exactly? Lack of development?

I see hundreds of habbo servers and releases, are they outdated and people can't emulate the newest version of the game or something?

Kinda interested in this as I'm currently looking for something new to do...
~ Jangan

When people edit a emulator they tend to rename it. I really don't know why maybe cos they feel accomplished or something. Besides that they only like to focus on features and not on stability as when posting a thread about your emulator the way you get attention is a cool features list. Nobody actually takes time to understand how the actual client works and there are a lot of wrong packet usage. Even though it might be such a big deal at first sight as the result is still the same, in the end it reduces process speed and clientside it costs more resources.

Every release, which happens once a week atleast and sometimes 4 or 5 times, the packet headers get shuffled. Not only the headers but every single method, variable, member and class gets a new name. When converting the AS3 source the order of those functions is also different every release so it makes it hard to change packets unless you have some hardcoded value to reference from like values from the

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I went trough some quality tutorials, it's a shame that they are all out-dated.
This section can be boosted if the developers would have put some time in it.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I went trough some quality tutorials, it's a shame that they are all out-dated.
This section can be boosted if the developers would have put some time in it.

Quality tutorials can be made, it's just people with no experience rush in, make a piss poor tutorial. So when someone makes a proper and in-depth tutorial it just gets filled with "there's one already made for this" or "blahblah made one already noob" and this causes people to follow the wrong tutorials. Not only that, the elders that do know the ins and outs just refer you to google every time or give a silly response. I mean not all do it, but majority do. I'm not trying to say this community should be spoon fed, but it should be taught the tricks of the trade. That's why it's dying. No one is teaching the next generation where to start, they just tell them to stop being spoon fed and use google.

*sighs* This section needs a group project.

Back