Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Want to fix the Habbo section?

Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of tutorials people want. The only questions I often get if I have a certain CMS or if I could create an specific query that they have to run on their database.

I'm willing to do more tutorials but it is up to the community what they want to see.

Ragezone Furni Releaser
Reaction score
The quality of the cms' is much better than the emulators.
We need more people with c# experience.
Like I said before I am still learning.

Reaction score
Like I said before I am still learning.

Who says you need C# for emulators? You can build one in Java, Actionscript, c++, PHP, NodeJS, Python, Ruby or Scala. Just a bunch of programming languages you could use. You're not limited to C#

Reaction score
The problem is that these releases often are only renames, because litte children managed to change the copyright message and think they are cool now...

About the outdated and not being able to emulate it:
It is totally possible to emulate the current version of Habbo, but the problem is that Sulake finally came up with an idea how they could slow us down drastically: They started to shuffle the package id with every release of their SWF. So everytime they do only a small update, the coders in this sections have to start packagelogging all over again to find the new IDs...

Aside from not having much time, this is the main reason, why I never started contributing to the section...

But by now with the possibility of writing our own Client in HTML5 (See dev section), the devs can go different ways and start focusing on code again instead of having to focus on package-IDs...

Packetlogging isn't needed, we can get all of the information we need by decompiling the swf and possibly using a simple script or program to sort the IDs and structures together to make coding quicker. I don't know much about packets though.

Martin had a interesting idea to store headers and structures + data types (int, str etc) in an xml file for the emulator to read and adjust itself to the .xml revision, but I don't think it ever got completed.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

I'm not so sure about that, I've seen some good emulators in the past but also horrible CMS' like HoloCMS.
I don't need to point it a finger but it were some plain php scripts instead of a structured CMS but it worked.

Anyways the programming language doesn't matter like the general said, it's the internal structure of the emulator that matters. Designing a good application requires a lot of thinking before you actually can write some decent code, after that you start to re-write code to optimize it (if necessary).

Like @Wreckless said, this section doesn't have enough people that actually tell others that their crap is really crap. We just need more people who can tell to others that they have posted crap.

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that, I've seen some good emulators in the past but also horrible CMS' like HoloCMS.
I don't need to point it a finger but it were some plain php scripts instead of a structured CMS but it worked.

Anyways the programming language doesn't matter like the general said, it's the internal structure of the emulator that matters. Designing a good application requires a lot of thinking before you actually can write some decent code, after that you start to re-write code to optimize it (if necessary).

Like @Wreckless said, this section doesn't have enough people that actually tell others that their crap is really crap. We just need more people who can tell to others that they have posted crap.

Let them know it's not helpful, or not put together well, etc. Rather than just generally saying "THIS IS CRAP", maybe we should teach the people?

Reaction score
You guys probably never used UML, not?

There is more thinking involved than actually writing the code. Coming up with a good architectural design is way more important than if the variable x should be called x and not y.

Thing is, people want to get satsfied when coding an emulator and that usually is when you get features working but in the backend still not knowing what is properly going on.

Back