Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Funny? or a shame?

Reaction score
RaGEZONE, it's one of the last communities that real produces decent and genuine content for Habbo Retros. Forums like KekoMundo died because of lack of ideas and genuine content. Except the Xdr stuff, that was sick.

So sometimes we see here, contents like forum.ragezone.com/f353/otanix-emulator-renamed-1144064, that are from Brazilian communities. I and Droppy personally know those communities, and we know how people do a lot of renames, bad edits, and how a lot of people that denominate theyself "Developers", when they just copy & paste some fixes from here, and just translates, renames the credits and all those stuff.

It's a lot humiliating, trying to deal with those guys because of their arrogance. And makes me really upset seeing emulators like Arcturus, Butterfly and Plus being heavily renamed, and people earning money, the same for CMS's. Poor design, poor code, frontend and security. And even with all that, they discuss and argue who is better and fight between themselves, they even sell and buy emulators and packs sending nudes, and leaks and oh my. Why this exists?

I really hate when they just come here and post some poop, thinking they are martyrs or hero's for just posting a crappy rename, or posting leaks of it.

This annoys me a lot. And things like that make this community die. People like At0m (Leo) and other great developers that make their stuff open source and free, discover that someone is selling and taking credits of it. Even with Arcturus. It's really hard seeing people renaming things and selling and taking credits.

And even having profit with it.

What you guys think about it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I agree with you that it is not acceptable to take credit for someone else's work and that it is even worse then to boast or contend with others regarding it.

The sad truth is many people do not want to put in the hard work that it takes to make their own emulator/projects. Due to a lack of talent, motivation, and determination in the community we are sure to see this sort of thing take place and it sucks because I've talked to people working on some really cool thing who won't post source anywhere because of people like this. It seems as if it's hardly a new occurrence in the community however.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'd argue against those releases killing the section. I very much enjoy seeing unread release threads when I check the forum daily, be those good or bad.

Only having one or two releases every month would be frustratingly boring imo and i'm sure lots of people are using stuff like the otanix emulator you mentioned and are happy with it, even if it's just an edit with a few changes.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You're not wrong Santoro, but there's something you missed, KekoMundo didn't die because of the lack of content, I was admin there and on the last days and it was just a decission from the owner, VeNeX, as we were having internal problems with the staff activity and he just took the decision of ending the project at that time.

It could be a small reason, but definitely not lack of content, as we had some other sections active, like Graphic Design, Programming, Offtopic, etc.

Cheers.

Reaction score
You're not wrong Santoro, but there's something you missed, KekoMundo didn't die because of the lack of content, I was admin there and on the last days and it was just a decission from the owner, VeNeX, as we were having internal problems with the staff activity and he just took the decision of ending the project at that time.

It could be a small reason, but definitely not lack of content, as we had some other sections active, like Graphic Design, Programming, Offtopic, etc.

Cheers.
Or I remember that, I was an active member. I didn't meant Kekomundo closed because of that. I was saying that the "Habbo Section of Keko was dying because of that" xD

But yes, good point.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all have our opinion on these things, this is mine :)

Edits
Personally I don't see anything wrong with people releasing or using an edit of an Emulator.

The original developer may be offended... but the edit may have features the original doesn't, and that's what the server owners need. If the original developer added these features then his version would be used instead.

They may have used it on their hotel, the hotel is closed, and now they're releasing the files so others can use it without having to configure and code custom features themselves.

Renames
Renames are disrespectful and pathetic. Claiming someone's work is yours is out of order and shouldn't be acceptable.
If you modified some codes or fixed a bug I think it's fair that you can put your own name in there somewhere and give credit to the original author. You're not entitled to rename the whole emulator.

Selling Emulator Edits
I think if someone put time into making a custom version of an Emulator they aren't forced to release it publicly and can sell it privately if they wish. I have the same opinion on hotel technician services. The servers that use it are making cash so why can't the hotel technician take some of that? It's some of their work being used?

The original emulator developer definitely has the right to be mad about this, but there's nothing he can do to stop that sale or get any of that money.

Leaking Emulators, Leaking nudes & Arguing
Completely immature and shameful behavior.

The reason our community is "dying"
I believe the reason the community is as people say "dying" is because a few things:

As saamus said "they discuss and argue who is better and fight between themselves, they even sell and buy emulators and packs sending nudes, and leaks". This hostile behavior in the community has caused people to stop working with others in the community. In turn this has stopped collaboration projects.

The people on here with strong opinions on code quality & making money through Habbo are most active in the community, so it doesn't encourage people to release their work to a community of people who don't like them or have argued with them in the past.

Most importantly - there isn't an up to date, bug free, feature full, noob friendly emulator released. Members coming here for the first time, with the dream to make their own hotel & learn how to code are finding it too difficult to get started and giving up.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Most importantly - there isn't an up to date, bug free, feature full, noob friendly emulator released. Members coming here for the first time, with the dream to make their own hotel & learn how to code are finding it too difficult to get started and giving up.

I love how the usual response to people with no prior knowledge that wants to get into habbo retros is "if you can't program your own emulator from scratch in C you shouldn't have a hotel". Utter nonsense.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love how the usual response to people with no prior knowledge that wants to get into habbo retros is "if you can't program your own emulator from scratch in C you shouldn't have a hotel". Utter nonsense.

I fully agree. The community is not supportive towards new members. In the past week or two I have returned back to the Habbo section and met 4 people who say they've been trying to get help for months but everyone thought they were a noob and wouldn't help.
If we're not letting new members in and pushing away current members, this section is sure to die.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I fully agree. The community is not supportive towards new members. In the past week or two I have returned back to the Habbo section and met 4 people who say they've been trying to get help for months but everyone thought they were a noob and wouldn't help.
If we're not letting new members in and pushing away current members, this section is sure to die.
That's really true. When I was starting in this community, about 6 years ago, some "friends" that I met in this community was extremely arrogant with me. A guy from here that I was friend, simply haven't answer me when I asked for help several times or have asked if I'm stupid. This was pretty demotivating. But I didn't give up, I'm always learning and researching by myself, but a lot of guys gave up. Now I help a lot of guys from the brazilian community whenever I can.. There are a lot pseudo-developers, but there are people trying to evolve.

But yeah, you can't expect too much from they. Brazilian free education sucks. The all programming community is deprecated, it's scary how many gov websites still use PHP functions mysql_*. You can see people in university that can't write portuguese correctly. And a lot of guys of the Habbo community are kids.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Konquer Beny. You two have been among the few experienced people who have helped me further down the road in my own endeavors.

I will say that while the community is far too rude, arrogant, and condescending there are worse forums out there.
This shouldn't be read as, "Oh RZ isn't as bad as others so we shouldn't try to work on it," instead take it as a sliver of hope that this place could clean it's act up with less effort involved than some rival forums.

I've been programming for awhile but have only managed to knock out small scripts, tools, and other small projects.
I turned to retro dev with the idea of this being the gateway to opening me up to larger scale projects and while this has been working well at sparking my passion, interest, and dedication it has been an INCREDIBLY slow start due to the lack of support, resources, etc.

Within the last two months I've probably helped over 10 people set up their emu, vps, cms, etc...

Now, I do love helping people but I find it almost disturbing that the new-comers are having to get help from other new-comers instead of the veterans in the scene. I literally keep forum chats and help sections open in my browser all day in an attempt to help people before they get told to duck off or give up by those who have been in the community for years and could set up IIS and/or PlusEMU in a matter of several minutes.

Reaction score
If I understand correctly, you're saying that shenanigans releases duck up the community? Well I guess it's one of the many things that do. Sometimes that one stupid release contains something that others need though. Of course renaming emulators is a bad practice, but this community was build upon it and I guess we need to accept that it happens. If you compare the Habbo section with other sections on RZ, you'll realize that it's not that bad here: a relatively lot of activity going on, not many people that misbehave and a fair amount of experienced people still browsing (and lurking).

Reaction score
About the first paragraph why just not mention my username. Because I know that was literally directed to me lol. (Even I don't agreeing with those words.)

(About the lai0n post).

If I understand correctly, you're saying that shenanigans releases duck up the community? Well I guess it's one of the many things that do. Sometimes that one stupid release contains something that others need though. Of course renaming emulators is a bad practice, but this community was build upon it and I guess we need to accept that it happens. If you compare the Habbo section with other sections on RZ, you'll realize that it's not that bad here: a relatively lot of activity going on, not many people that misbehave and a fair amount of experienced people still browsing (and lurking).

Agreed.

We all have our opinion on these things, this is mine :)

Edits
Personally I don't see anything wrong with people releasing or using an edit of an Emulator.

The original developer may be offended... but the edit may have features the original doesn't, and that's what the server owners need. If the original developer added these features then his version would be used instead.

They may have used it on their hotel, the hotel is closed, and now they're releasing the files so others can use it without having to configure and code custom features themselves.

Renames
Renames are disrespectful and pathetic. Claiming someone's work is yours is out of order and shouldn't be acceptable.
If you modified some codes or fixed a bug I think it's fair that you can put your own name in there somewhere and give credit to the original author. You're not entitled to rename the whole emulator.

Selling Emulator Edits
I think if someone put time into making a custom version of an Emulator they aren't forced to release it publicly and can sell it privately if they wish. I have the same opinion on hotel technician services. The servers that use it are making cash so why can't the hotel technician take some of that? It's some of their work being used?

The original emulator developer definitely has the right to be mad about this, but there's nothing he can do to stop that sale or get any of that money.

Leaking Emulators, Leaking nudes & Arguing
Completely immature and shameful behavior.

The reason our community is "dying"
I believe the reason the community is as people say "dying" is because a few things:

As @saamus said "they discuss and argue who is better and fight between themselves, they even sell and buy emulators and packs sending nudes, and leaks". This hostile behavior in the community has caused people to stop working with others in the community. In turn this has stopped collaboration projects.

The people on here with strong opinions on code quality & making money through Habbo are most active in the community, so it doesn't encourage people to release their work to a community of people who don't like them or have argued with them in the past.

Fantastic words mate. Totally agree.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Being in this community isnt a job for most of us (except those that scam people with $300 / month licenses) so we help when we can if time permits.

Sometimes it gets tiring when you get the question my hotel doesnt work and then Im expected to instantly know what is wrong with it when being told only that. Part of getting help is asking for it. If you dont properly formulate your question and you dont give me any error logs and attempts plus results youve made to fix an issue, I really cannot help you as it would mean I would have to go through you complete setup which can take quite easily an hour.

So yeah if you dont get help then dont assume that person is a penis and doesnt want to help; most of the times I want to help but I simply cant.

Yes making hotels as a first timer is confusing, all these files and components but so waa it for me when I started out. I had to ask several times for help.

Reaction score
Agreed, The General. People just think those two possibilities:

1. Or they say the error and the problem it's because we programmed it wrong (because people never admit that they did wrong). A lot of people say Arcturus is poop just because they doesn't know how to configure it.
2. People just ask help desperately, without even trying to understand the error, or for searching about it or even describing what happened exactly.

I know that people just want have their retro servers, but c'mon. If doing a Habbo Hotel was so easy....

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It would be great if people just stopped making a huge drama in this section when it comes to re-names. They usually die overtime. As for the activity, this section still has a huge amount of activity. It wasn't better in the past, we all think it was. These days we have high quality releases compared to what was released in the past.

As for the people trying to understand the error @saamus, sorry but people usually take the shortest routes by asking the original developers instead of looking into the help section. The same errors keep re-occurring.

People are free to host their own private server but they should do some research before even starting one instead of dumping huge amounts of error logs which clearly tell the error most of the time...

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
I agree with Taiga, renames always gonna happen, you must understand our community invite many children to ingress this private server life and they still do not know anything about being respectful, i know some brazillian comunities and not all are living from copying content and rename, not all brazillians are scammers and have to live from other people content, probably someday in my life i have done some kind of rename also , but this is part of a personal character development, i've learn many in ragezone, but in the fact, i have many infractions in my account due my first behavior in ragezone, the angry i got due some xenophobical actions let my rage answer by me, the time makes me understand more about life and make some friends around the entire world now.

Reaction score
I agree with @Taiga, renames always gonna happen, you must understand our community invite many children to ingress this private server life and they still do not know anything about being respectful, i know some brazillian comunities and not all are living from copying content and rename, not all brazillians are scammers and have to live from other people content, probably someday in my life i have done some kind of rename also , but this is part of a personal character development, i've learn many in ragezone, but in the fact, i have many infractions in my account due my first behavior in ragezone, the angry i got due some xenophobical actions let my rage answer by me, the time makes me understand more about life and make some friends around the entire world now.
Agrreed.

Retired
Reaction score
I see uncle is upset. The main reason for this happening is other peoples lack of respect of other peoples property. Retros are in essence violating Sulakes intellectual property; it would be reasonable that a larger amount of those actively and knowingly violating their IP doesn't respect other peoples work either.

Back