Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Habbo Retro 2016 - FLASH

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello to Ragezone Habbo community!

I have a simple question and I hope to find useful answers.

Is it still worth creating a retro 2016? Not compared to connections but because Adobe will soon end flash.

Sorry for my bad English.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello to Ragezone Habbo community!

I have a simple question and I hope to find useful answers.

Is it still worth creating a retro 2016? Not compared to connections but because Adobe will soon end flash.

Sorry for my bad English.

Habbo.com still uses it. There's still retros up using it. I don't think flash will leave for a long time, especially because of the advertising industry, it's how they track people and push pop ups and other fancy adverts. Without sites like YouTube going full HTML5 video it's not going anywhere, and YouTube wont work on every single browser out there without flash. I think the real question is, do you have the time and energy for making a retro? It takes a good amount of work and knowledge, not just following a tutorial. If you have to follow a tutorial and you don't know how your retro works you're already bringing more trouble on yourself when issues do arise.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your answer. I know how to walk a retro, it's just What is much discussion around the flash at the moment. December is further

FRX

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think, Flash going out from the Web Story. HTML5 is much better than Flash and Chrome want to delete the Support 4 Flash to!
Now I wait for an HTML5 Emulator without Flash. In the German Retro's had Phil aka iExit begin an ApolloCMS with HTML5, but it's not finished. It's time to wait..

Cheers,

Sorry, for my bad Englsih :p

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think, Flash going out from the Web Story. HTML5 is much better than Flash and Chrome want to delete the Support 4 Flash to!
Now I wait for an HTML5 Emulator without Flash. In the German Retro's had Phil aka iExit begin an ApolloCMS with HTML5, but it's not finished. It's time to wait..

Cheers,

Sorry, for my bad Englsih :p

We emulate habbo.com's client though, unless it became HTML5 I'm not seeing it happen, that shouldn't stop people from trying, but it's easier to rig up the existing client to work with an emulator vs rebuilding it completely from scratch (significantly less work).

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alexandre Fadox, isn't easy, but isn't hard. The hardest thing will not be the Socket Connection with the Emulator. But will be hard identify each packet, make a Packet Library, create the Context UI's and the actions like the functions for each packet.. And design the whole thing.
If someone will do that, i prefer recreating the Habbo Illumina concept with the actual release.

I can do that.. but will need help and time. Those two things i don't have now.
Maybe in my vacations i do this.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You mean an engine like what mobile flash browser does? The flash is done in some cloud in some place and the result presented to you. It's about that you're talking about? If yes that's not secure enough and idk i think isn't the best solution.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You mean an engine like what mobile flash browser does? The flash is done in some cloud in some place and the result presented to you. It's about that you're talking about? If yes that's not secure enough and idk i think isn't the best solution.

That is bizare, I rather decompile the client into readable actionscript, and port that to Haxe and then just generate the HTML5, of course too much work to bother. I truly rather just let the client be.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
All the major browsers are most likely not going to remove flash in the very near future, but rather have a popup of some sort asking you to enable/disable flash on that website.

"Flash is outdated and may harm your computer bla bla, do you still want to enable it for this website? yes | no" or something like that.

But indeed, it's about time we move over to a javascript based client. The problem is that most of the people here have experience with and prefer working on servers rather than clients.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All the major browsers are most likely not going to remove flash in the very near future, but rather have a popup of some sort asking you to enable/disable flash on that website.

"Flash is outdated and may harm your computer bla bla, do you still want to enable it for this website? yes | no" or something like that.

But indeed, it's about time we move over to a javascript based client. The problem is that most of the people here have experience with and prefer working on servers rather than clients.

there's also Haxe which compiles to Flash and HTML5, you just need to write the code in Haxe itself though.

Back